Old 07-22-2014, 01:32 PM

Default Mike Hagan Radios

Anyone had any experience with radio conversions done by Mike Hagan in Pennsylvania? I am considering having him convert my AM / FM non Stereo radio to Stereo. He installs a new circuit board with a USB connect and 45 Watts stereo output. Not a killer blow the windows out system but that is not ahat I want. I am after a stock appearance with stereo and the ability to play music from a source like an I-pod. Wondering about warrantee responsiveness, quality of work and turnaround time.

Any input appreciated. Thx.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had two radios converted by another guy in Pa. and they turned out great (two years now) and work fine. They have RCA jacks for adding an external amp but, like you, the built in power was enough. Nothing compared to modern day radios regarding power but gets the job done. I can always add an amp to the RCA jacks if need be.
If you are interested in his name and number PM me. Not a secret but not sure if I should post it here.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:01 PM
Senior Chief

I sent my stock radio to S&M Electro-tech in Blaine, MN. They converted it to AM/FM with a jack for my IPOD. It's been working great for 3 years now. Here's their info:

S&M Electro-Tech, Inc.
8836 Xylite Street NE
PO Box 49334
Blaine, MN 55449
763-780-2861
http://www.turnswitch.com

1962 Grand Prix, 408 w/tripower, ported / polished #62s, TH400, 3.42 posi
Old 07-22-2014, 09:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have not had any work done by Mike, but he is a stand up guy.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yes about 3 years ago he did a radio conversion for me. Sent it back this year to add RCA outputs. Radio stop working while he had it. Ge tried to fix it, the mother board was bad. Although he felt bad about charging me for a new board, he did not charge me for the RCA's and he threw in a blue tooth system. Works great.....Stand up guy.....I would recommend his services!!!

Old 07-23-2014, 09:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by stucky2947 View Post
I sent my stock radio to S&M Electro-tech in Blaine, MN. They converted it to AM/FM with a jack for my IPOD. It's been working great for 3 years now. Here's their info:

S&M Electro-Tech, Inc.
8836 Xylite Street NE
PO Box 49334
Blaine, MN 55449
763-780-2861
http://www.turnswitch.com
x2

That is who I used as well.

The volume knob is a bit touchy with all the power going to my small in Dash speaker that I also purchased. My MP3 player cuts in and out with the FM side. Its made to sense if there is a signal on the input and switch over, then switch back if their is 15 sec of silence. Not sure why it doesn't work better. There is also an option to play the radio on the AM 530 side that just works all the time. I have not tested that yet but I"m sure it will be fine there. I was able to hook up my power antenna to the aux power out. Buttons on the front still work like they are suppose to. Turn the knob on and off to change from AM to FM. The only visible change is a tri color LED in the front face plate that is hard to see when its off. I'm really happy with it over all. No one would want to steel an AM radio.

Old 07-23-2014, 04:41 PM

Sounds pretty good. I talked to Mike some time ago as I think I mentioned earlier in this thread. He seemed like a stand up guy from the conversation. He took the time to walk thru any questions I had and I like that. I always ask myself..."if you are too busy or rushed to talk to a potential customer how are ya gonna respond to someone with a problem?". Great responses here so far. Love the data!!! Thanks!!!