THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 12:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You can't tell that by that film. There was a car in front of tony and slightly lower on the track in the corner, His line of sight was most likely blocked from seeing the moron by the wing on the car in front of him. Tony had just hit another car and was probably more focused on "what damage does my car have" and wasn't expecting an idiot in all black to be on the track.
Every prerace safety meeting I've been in they stress DON'T GET OUT OF YOU CAR unless you're on fire. If the hothead had a problem with tony he should have took it up with him IN THE PITS.

Last edited by sleepy; 08-11-2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60man View Post
Have you ever tried to hand push a car into a garage with a spool ....with wheels turned....mission impossible unless you got a lot of help....trust me...
Yep. 3550 lb fullsize long wheelbase car at that. Not buying the spool argument.

What does #45 know about driving a sprint car that Stewart doesn't? If anyone was likely to hit Ward, it's the 45 driver. 45 didn't have to fishtail to get around. Ward was no longer going down track when Stewart came up on him. Just more variables that play a role in what comes of this.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:42 PM

No one here believes the "aggression" started when the car got knocked into the wall? Did he knock him into the wall? If he did, it's hard for me to believe he wouldn't be at least looking toward the guy and his car the next lap around.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looking at the other car against the wall, NOT at the lower part of the track for some fool walking in front of your car.
Doesn't look like he put him in the wall intentionally tony was sliding up the track coming out of the corner and the other car came up and got clipped in the LEFT FRONT with Tony's RIGHT REAR,

Last edited by sleepy; 08-11-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Banshee View Post
Yep. 3550 lb fullsize long wheelbase car at that. Not buying the spool argument.

What does #45 know about driving a sprint car that Stewart doesn't? If anyone was likely to hit Ward, it's the 45 driver. 45 didn't have to fishtail to get around. Ward was no longer going down track when Stewart came up on him. Just more variables that play a role in what comes of this.
I rest my case..and I have experience on a dirt track. Just not in Sprint cars..
Point is I'm sure Tony was not trying to hit the guy..
It was a freaking accident..granted a tragic ending..
If Joe Blow racer had hit Ward we would never hear anything about it ..

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..

Last edited by 60man; 08-11-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Not when they are under caution doing around 30 mph.

Who said anything about microphones around the track? Don't remember reading that. The only audio I saw referenced was the video camera audio.
Even at 30 their dangerous. Don't know what level they where, but the big boys run 410ci close to 900hp on alky.
Someone posted you could hear Tony rev his engine before impact.
How can you tell it was his with so many out there?
Would like to see a so-mo of it. Happened so fast.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 08-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60man View Post
I rest my case..
Point is I'm sure Tony was not trying to hit the guy..
It was a freaking accident..granted a tragic ending..
If Joe Blow racer had hit Ward we would never hear anything about it ..
But Stewart is the guy who fishtailed into Ward. Point is, there was no reason to drive the car like that and if a lesser driver was able to avoid Ward, Stewart should have as well. Intent can't be determined by this video alone, but it can affirm or contradict statements of those involved and witnesses. Again, the DA to decide.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Region Warrior View Post
Even at 30 their dangerous. Don't know what level they where, but the big boys run 410ci close to 900hp on alky.
Someone posted you could hear Tony rev his engine before impact.
How can you tell it was his with so many out there?
Would like to see a so-mo of it. Happened so fast.
I didn't find it difficult to correlate the engine revving to Stewart's car action, but more evidence could show otherwise. PD has asked for all photos and video to be turned over for analysis. The investigation is not over.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Caution speed is the speed of the pace car, all others reduce speed and catch the car in front of you, that's the way you bunch up the field.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nascar and any racing sanction involved needs to step in and give harsh penalties to any driver for getting out of his car let alone walk down into a line of cars so a tradegy like this doesn't happen. From what I read elsewhere and may have been posted already is the driver had already had a few warnings this year for getting out of his car.

6.27@107
9.97@131
Old 08-11-2014, 03:21 PM

I'm just saying I don't believe he didn't see him on the track. That doesn't work for me and it's against human nature. I've 30 years professional experience that tells me this. Nobody passes an accident and doesn't look, especially one he knew he caused.

I'm not saying he meant to hit him, just that "I didn't see him" isn't going to pass the sniff test, if that's what he'll contend.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Right, it really doesn't pass. I like that you brought up human nature. That's part of what makes this case interesting to me. Both those involved and those who simply discuss it. People are very predictable, but nuances are interesting and much to learn from them.

Read a report saying PD attempted to obtain in-car video of both cars and radio recording of the #14 communications. None found to be available. Other evidence is still being gathered.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You've driven winged sprints for 30 years?
BTW. They don't allow in car coms at most dirt tracks. So much for your 30 years of expertise on this.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Next, maybe we can figure out the Zabruder film.....

Old 08-11-2014, 04:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
You've driven winged sprints for 30 years?
BTW. They don't allow in car coms at most dirt tracks. So much for your 30 years of expertise on this.
Are you mixing up 2 people's statements? Bob mentioned the 30 years experience. I provided information of a PD report referring to in-car comm. I don't see where anyone said they have 30 years experience and also said car coms were allowed and in place at this race.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He said 30 years of experience tells him no way tony didn't see him.
What does his being a fireman tell him about what rubberneckers are looking at when they go past an accident? My experience says they look at the wreck, Not what's in front of them. I've seen hundreds of accidents at other accidents because people weren't looking at what's in front of them but looking at the wreck.

Last edited by sleepy; 08-11-2014 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Read a report saying PD attempted to obtain in-car video of both cars and radio recording of the #14 communications. None found to be available. Other evidence is still being gathered.
Maybe the IRS had possession of all that material. LOL

Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Crueger View Post
I'm just saying I don't believe he didn't see him on the track. That doesn't work for me and it's against human nature. I've 30 years professional experience that tells me this. Nobody passes an accident and doesn't look, especially one he knew he caused.

I'm not saying he meant to hit him, just that "I didn't see him" isn't going to pass the sniff test, if that's what he'll contend.
I wouldn't expect him to admit he saw the kid standing on the track, even if it was an attempt to be brutally honest.
That would just fuel the frenzy from the mind readers, media jackels, lawyer types, etc.

The kid was wet behind the ears, and probably saw plenty of TV clips of Cup drivers doing the same thing; on track scolding of another driver as they drive past the wreck they might have just caused.
Bad enough doing that in broad daylight, as it sets a bad example.
On a poorly lit dirt track while wearing a black firesuit and helmet makes for a really dangerous situation.

As far as the liability issue for Tony Stewart, seems like everybody that enters the pit area has to sign a waver that they are risking life or limb, at most tracks I know of.

Ultimate Warrior

My post #24 it still applies:

Quote:
It will be obvious who has had any time around dirt cars by responses.
The information is all here, if you choose to ignore it and call this more than an accident you didn't objectively look at the information that has been already given.

What you theorists have all been wondering, according to a legal analyst there is little to no basis for criminal intent, a civil lawsuit will be a very hard fought fight to prove anything. That's not my opinion, it's the legal analysts opinion, that I wholeheartedly agree with.

Legal analyst link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cLbp3CrTe0

During a yellow flag at any dirt track race the drivers keep stabbing the gas and spinning the rear tires while circling the track to keep heat in the tires so they don't get cold and seal over. Sealing over is when the rubber cools down and gets a hard coating over it and will not bite on the restart. It's a very common practice and is done frequently during a yellow so the noise that is heard on the video is one or more of the competitors doing just that. There goes that theory out the window that TS did that to scare the guy, or throw dirt on him or any other of the wild accusations that the theorists and media are hyping.

I still have faith that someone will come up with some other half baked subversive theory that has little if any merit though.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 08-11-2014, 04:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Paul Kinney, driver of #19K in the race: “I drove right by him,” Kinney told NBC News in a phone interview Monday. “He looked a little bit angry. I didn’t think much of it. A lot of drivers do that.” ... “I seen Kevin clear as day. Nobody else ran into him, either.”

Closed Thread