Old 10-14-2014, 03:23 PM

Default 1980 trans am front grills

I found the box with the front grills, I pick up one the grills and it literally fell apart in my hand , the rubber/plastic material does not seem to have held of very well over time, My question is are all 79 to 81 grills the same or is there a better material in one of the years? I will probably buy new replacements if I can't find good originals

Thanks
Gary

Old 10-15-2014, 12:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm not aware of a difference in materials of the factory originals between 79-81. In my experience with my project cars, they all deteriorated over time becoming brittle and broken, unless the car was a low mileage, garage kept car.
The reproductions I have are very nice, and probably made of better stuff than the originals. Seems to be more flexible. I bought the ones that are made in Australia, and am happy with the quality. Here they are:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/79-Pontiac-F...-/360915687918

Old 10-15-2014, 09:05 PM

Thanks Steve Guess I'll be getting new ones