Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just bought a Yukon XL that STUNK. It smelled like 10 wet dogs.

So I bought a cabin filter for it, they had a listing. I remove the decorative panel and I found the largest mouse nest I have ever seen.

I vacuumed that out and found no filter. Turns out in 2004 if the truck has dual climate control no filter.

I then washed the interior with Tough Stuff upholstery cleaner.

Smells good now.

I have read, ground coffee and dryer sheets work.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So I got a spray bottle of Ozuim a couple of weeks ago. It didn't seem to work that well. BUT....Earlier this week I sprayed the crap out of it and closed the door u till the next morning. I even sprayed deep into the air vents both in the dash and the floors. I did this twice and Locked up the truck for the night. Today it's not bad at a all. I'll give it a couple of days but I think the answer with this stuff was to spray the living daylights out of everything fabric and anywhere that flows air into the cabin.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Turn it on recirculate on high and spray down low while running to suck it all in the system too.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 09-26-2015, 11:22 AM

Default ozone generator

got one like the boss said to use on my dog smell rental apartment. it worked great so far. highly recommended. thanks bob.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

When I used Ozium to get the smoke smell out, I sprayed it inside the car until I could not breathe and got out. The car looked like it belonged to Cheech and Chong. I did this morning, noon and night for a few days and the smell was GONE.

Old 09-28-2015, 09:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadhead View Post
Turn it on recirculate on high and spray down low while running to suck it all in the system too.
Thats a great idea.

The truck has been locked up for a couple of days so this morning will be the real test. I sprayed it again Friday night.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

After a few weeks and constant spraying of the Ozium product, the smell is gone. Excellent product. Thanks for the recommendations.