Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default assistance in shipping parts to LA/Anaheim?

Hey guys, I am a Canadian here and was wondering if someone could do me a solid. I live in Alberta and the week ending November and into December my family and I are going to LA and Disney Land, etc.

Long story short I have a 2010 Charger and hours into buying it I hit a deer and smashed up the front. I got the plastic bumper replaced with a Fiberglass one and it has been a ugly horrible headache since then. I would love to get rid of this hideous headache of a bumper and get a plastic one on there again. Anyway, I cannot get a bumper here unless I pay the rip off prices from Chrysler and then the horrible painting fees we are charged here. I was wondering if someone has a shop or some extra room, if I could get the front bumper/lip (and an exhaust system ) shipped there and I can swing by and pick it up. I will have the Charger there so I could take the old front bumper off (and throw it away in some lucky businesses dumpster, or I can take it off at home and drive to California like a redneck with no front bumper)...then I can throw the bumper on in record time (I have had the old stupid one on and off so many times I know how to do it in my sleep).

I'd be more than willing to pay for this in cash or beer. I just can't condone spending literally 3-4 times more on this bumper by getting it done in Canada, and this is an opportunity to get it done.

If nobody has a place to get it shipped to, does anyone know of a shipping depot I can get stuff shipped to?

Old 11-09-2014, 01:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't know your route, but if you happen to be passing through northern Utah (I-15 or I-84), and have the time to stop, you're welcome to ship them here.

Importsmasher

66 GTO convertible 389/4 speed (parents bought new)
73 Firebird Formula 400/4 speed
74 GTO 455/4 speed
74 Grand Am
Old 11-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm in long beach,not that far away

Old 11-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by importsmasher View Post
I don't know your route, but if you happen to be passing through northern Utah (I-15 or I-84), and have the time to stop, you're welcome to ship them here.

Importsmasher
Thank you for the offer. It looks as though I am going down I-15, but with 3 kids and such a long drive I do not know when I am going to be travelling through there. Thanks a tonne

Old 11-09-2014, 07:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Menace View Post
Thank you for the offer. It looks as though I am going down I-15, but with 3 kids and such a long drive I do not know when I am going to be travelling through there. Thanks a tonne
No problem; the offer still stands if you don't work something else out. I am pretty flexible as to when you pass through....

Importsmasher

66 GTO convertible 389/4 speed (parents bought new)
73 Firebird Formula 400/4 speed
74 GTO 455/4 speed
74 Grand Am
Old 11-09-2014, 07:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
PM sent

Old 11-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by importsmasher View Post
No problem; the offer still stands if you don't work something else out. I am pretty flexible as to when you pass through....

Importsmasher
Perfect.

Old 03-05-2016, 04:29 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I am heading back to CA at the end of April. Any chance I can get a few parts shipped to someone close to LA/Anaheim? Maybe a 345 tire and a cold air intake et al? We are pumped to be leaving the tundra of Alberta, Canada for the beautiful California weather