Old 11-12-2006, 08:41 PM

Default Plastic 65 grilles?

Anyone had there hands on the plastic grilles that PY is selling? Just wonder how they look and fit. Would love to loose the weight if the fit is OK.

Larry

PS, I searched.....

Old 11-13-2006, 12:27 AM
Senior Chief

Got em a few months ago. Look and fit great! Lost lots of weight. Also put in an aluminum Alumitech radiator. Working on a fiberglass front bumper. Want to get it chromed! Some day I will pull a wheelie!

Old 11-13-2006, 07:59 AM

Thanks, I'll get some. Every time I pick up the stock grills it reminds me Of how fast my Miata is with 202hp, GTO needs to lose some weight. I'm doing an alum radiator too. I need bumpers, thought about doing painted fiberglass. the hood is heavy too, may do something different there too.

Thanks, Larry

Old 11-13-2006, 08:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If anyone is interested, Jon Gunter makes grilles for the '65 GTO out of aluminum. They're hand fabricated and very light, and once on the car, they look like OEM. They're not cheap however, but you get what you pay for. If interested shoot me a PM.

Old 08-13-2016, 11:13 PM

Default 65 GTO grilles

I bought a pair of grilles this spring. Looked great great fit, BUT in last two weeks the black on top of the grilles have a couple of areas that are flaking/chipping off. I have only put on a few hundred miles. No gravel roads or any such. thing to cause this. I Am very unhappy !!! I will be calling the vendor in the coming week. I will report back. Bill

Old 08-14-2016, 11:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've got a set that's been on my car for almost 10 years and they still look brand new! However, my car probably has less than 1000 miles on it in those 10 years and a lot of those have been 1/4 mile at a time. And it stays garaged all the time.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 08-15-2016, 10:31 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via ICQ to Hammertime Mike

Still happy with my set. They've been on the car for at least 5 years.

Old 08-15-2016, 11:16 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker View Post
If anyone is interested, Jon Gunter makes grilles for the '65 GTO out of aluminum. They're hand fabricated and very light, and once on the car, they look like OEM. They're not cheap however, but you get what you pay for. If interested shoot me a PM.
Just out of curiousity what does he charge? I will need a set soon and I don't know if I could go plastic.

Old 08-15-2016, 12:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The plastic ones look exactly like the originals, in my experience.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:50 PM

Default flaky grilles part 2

I called the vendor about my flaky grilles. They said take pictures. I did. They said to send them back so they could inspect them. I said this is car show season and can not do without them. They said buy another set and they would credit me if they thought they were defective. I went on their ebay feedback and some reviews were not pretty, such as never seeing their refunds etc.. Was going to send them back after the show season, but now I a nervous. Opinions? Thanks Bill

Old 08-17-2016, 10:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by konwal455gto View Post
I called the vendor about my flaky grilles. They said take pictures. I did. They said to send them back so they could inspect them. I said this is car show season and can not do without them. They said buy another set and they would credit me if they thought they were defective. I went on their ebay feedback and some reviews were not pretty, such as never seeing their refunds etc.. Was going to send them back after the show season, but now I a nervous. Opinions? Thanks Bill
So I'm assuming you didn't buy them from our host, Ames Performance?

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 08-17-2016, 11:06 PM

Default Flakey grilles

You are correct. I have bought 99% of my parts from our sponsor. I got caught up with ai interent sale. Look all I saved. Crying Ol. Bill