67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 12-04-2016, 04:00 PM

Default rear seat bottom

hello all

I am restoring the seats on a 68 with deluxe interior. fronts are done and rear back. the original rear bottom was padded with 2-3 layers of cotton mat, not foam. I have covers and install kit from legendary. great quality by the way.
the kit comes with foam and cotton. I watched their video and used 3 layers of cotton for the back, looks very good. their video for the bottom shows burlap, foam, and then the cover.....but the original was not foam it was cotton.
has someone done this and if so did you use cotton or foam for the bottom?

also, their are two listing sleeves on either side of the driveshaft tunnel, and the old seat appeared to have these attached to the springs...this would work well with the cotton, but maybe not with the foam?

the rear back had listing sleeves attached to the cover, but I did not use them. they were on either side of the tunnel. the old seat did not have them attached so I did not use them.

any help would be appreciated. I am leaning towards using 3 layers of cotton instead of foam, and attaching the listing wires for the seat bottom.

thanks!