Old 03-03-2017, 11:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I did not read all the replies. But, what I know is that they put the verbraphonic speakers in the center location on all cars with that. That is just the 6X9 with the reverb box hanging in the trunk.. Other non-vert '65-6 cars had the rear speaker in the tray. You can use it for any application & it is better than the package tray IMO. Never have figured this out except that it was easier for dealers to install without removing back seat?

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 03-03-2017, 07:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadhead View Post
I did not read all the replies. But, what I know is that they put the verbraphonic speakers in the center location on all cars with that. That is just the 6X9 with the reverb box hanging in the trunk.. Other non-vert '65-6 cars had the rear speaker in the tray. You can use it for any application & it is better than the package tray IMO. Never have figured this out except that it was easier for dealers to install without removing back seat?
My 1st car (65 Bonneville Brougham) had the reverb and the speaker was in the package tray...

65 Catalina Safari 4DSW