Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 06-17-2018, 01:44 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie66 View Post
Its a shame chief dont come around here anymore. I bet he'd add some wieght and give you a race ! hahaha
700 lb..........I doubt it! LOL!

GTO George

Old 06-17-2018, 02:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
700 lb..........I doubt it! LOL!

GTO George
What if he gives you a boost cut ?

Old 06-17-2018, 03:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535 tall deck View Post
Turn the naysayers to *ss kissers is my guess Lol
LMAO!

Old 06-17-2018, 03:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
50 bucks says they never see the light of day.
Friendly wager with you. One year from today if they are on the car and he is making runs, lets say 5 passes on TV I will send you 50 $. You game ?
I think they are leverage, thats it. How strongly do I feel, only 50 bucks worth.
They are not on the car in a year, you send me 50$
Friendly no hard feelings wager.
You still want to do this? Maybe up the wager $100 more? ($150 total).

Barring natural disasters or something like that, but unrelated to the heads themselves being installed and run, I'm confident they'll be on and raced long before a year is up.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson Port Development View Post
... ok, well i can not get into the details of Chief's compression or other key elements of his engine like that, but the other information has obviously been posted before this about the CV-330 heads, the runner volume is 330cc's, and that port will flow a little over 450cfm with a 2.320 valve ...

... the biggest area Chief will be stepping up will be in the CSA advantage, valve CSA advantage and the airflow advantage the CV-1's offer, which is some of the key limitations of the E-Heads ...

... hopefully i've answered appropriately ...
Thanks, I am sure he will give more info like he does on the show. Most of those street racers at there level don't care if you know there track time slip because it means nothing on the street.

When will he have all the parts and test the new engine?

Old 06-17-2018, 04:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post
You still want to do this? Maybe up the wager $100 more? ($150 total).

Barring natural disasters or something like that, but unrelated to the heads themselves being installed and run, I'm confident they'll be on and raced long before a year is up.
I wrote what I wrote, and meant it.
You had 4 days, you seen it right away. What did you do, call your CV guys and double check ?? No way did you not see that post within hours.
50 bucks makes it interesting to me. I have talked enough junk about them to at least do that.
One year from 6-14-18. Have to make 5 passes. That's because it has to live.
You and all the other CV guys have to admit, its never been done before with those heads. His crew would have to be the first. Not saying it can not be done, he has one of the best boost guys there is on his side.
If someone has ever put twin turbos and 40lbs boost to CVs before and the engine been happy, let me know. Because I do not know of any ? What happened to McQeen"s Procharged engine, don't know ?
The other big boosted engine (ECM) was the one that had severe problems.
I am not trying to start a huge storm, just repeating history and facts as I know them.
If there is more that I am unaware of, let me know.
He will have to do something that has never been done before. It has to be at least somewhat daunting.
I do not want Chief to fail in any way. We all remember him when he was just a guy on this board. When he spoke about not being into track racing in the early 2000s and into high end street racing we did not understand just how much.
Now every kid knows who he is and looks up to him. He is their favorite on the show. Hang on his every word.
He needs to step up, someone like me should not have a better set of heads than him for 3800$.
Never seen him blow his stuff up and do not want to see it happen now. But what happened to Brian's head could not have given him or his crew that warm fuzzy feeling.
I just want to see him on top and staying there. Biggest name we got and will do more in keeping the brand alive with the youth than anyone.
But its not like he has not had Tigers, High Ports and E heads so his choice is not uninformed. Few have more experience.
But, You game I am (50$)

Old 06-17-2018, 05:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I wrote what I wrote, and meant it.
You had 4 days, you seen it right away. What did you do, call your CV guys and double check ?? No way did you not see that post within hours.
50 bucks makes it interesting to me. I have talked enough junk about them to at least do that.
One year from 6-14-18. Have to make 5 passes. That's because it has to live.
You and all the other CV guys have to admit, its never been done before with those heads. His crew would have to be the first. Not saying it can not be done, he has one of the best boost guys there is on his side.
If someone has ever put twin turbos and 40lbs boost to CVs before and the engine been happy, let me know. Because I do not know of any ? What happened to McQeen"s Procharged engine, don't know ?
The other big boosted engine (ECM) was the one that had severe problems.
I am not trying to start a huge storm, just repeating history and facts as I know them.
If there is more that I am unaware of, let me know.
He will have to do something that has never been done before. It has to be at least somewhat daunting.
I do not want Chief to fail in any way. We all remember him when he was just a guy on this board. When he spoke about not being into track racing in the early 2000s and into high end street racing we did not understand just how much.
Now every kid knows who he is and looks up to him. He is their favorite on the show. Hang on his every word.
He needs to step up, someone like me should not have a better set of heads than him for 3800$.
Never seen him blow his stuff up and do not want to see it happen now. But what happened to Brian's head could not have given him or his crew that warm fuzzy feeling.
I just want to see him on top and staying there. Biggest name we got and will do more in keeping the brand alive with the youth than anyone.
But its not like he has not had Tigers, High Ports and E heads so his choice is not uninformed. Few have more experience.
But, You game I am (50$)
$50.00 sure... Was hoping to make more lol.

BTW search the boost section about McQueen's change of direction.

Another tidbit from Facebook... Robin is building another CV combo... He told me "not one turbo not three" lol . He never had any head issues with other three N2O combos. He just took a few years off for "life".

There are more high power builds in the works.

Be careful with what you believe and who you believe. Almost always more to a bad story than the storyline told.

Old 06-17-2018, 06:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

OK Bruce, 50 $
I was surprised when it was picked. He needs to be on top, as long he beats them, hate Chevy's.

Old 06-17-2018, 11:29 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie66 View Post
What if he gives you a boost cut ?
Why do you want him to race me? This thread is about the outlaws!

GTO George

Old 06-18-2018, 01:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Why do you want him to race me? This thread is about the outlaws!

GTO George
I know he will never race you. I just thought id ask you being your motor has more cubes then him ,if you felt you would have the advantage on him is all... Being you say more cubes will always win...

Old 06-18-2018, 03:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Low boost... Low boost

Old 06-18-2018, 05:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

hi guys! not much changed around here lol. I would like to add a few facts, and spread some truth in this thread (that seems flooded with misinformation and misguided opinions lol).

First thing first, yes those are my cv heads in the pic that was posted. We started this project in 2016 i believe, and because of the brutal racing schedule
and non stop abuse that i put my parts thru....the heads have gone thru some lengthy processes in order to get where we are today. In roland racing defense, i’m also an @ssshole drag racer. Which means, im very impatient and i’m not the average pontiac cylinder head customer. I race the absolute biggest race of my life, twice a week for 29 weeks at a time. I can’t have downtime, and i don’t have time to r and d / quality check other people’s products (no matter how good of a deal i get). I only get a few weeks a year to try crazy new stuff and i don’t have the money to tear up my car and miss out on races. If my car ain’t winning races, i can’t bet on it, and in turn i don’t get paid. When the cv guys and myself sat down to talk details, they understood what i’m up against. And it’s my opinion, that they have done everything in their power in order to prepare that top end for a racer like me. When it comes to the internet, especially pontiac guys....you really only get one chance at having your hardware on a truly competitive car with a driver and crew that consistently turns win lights on against sbc/bbc, all fords, and even 481x’s and monster billet n20 mills.

I don’t have the top end in my hands yet but you can bet your ass, the minute i get the combo in front of me...i will be begging for a few weeks off to go testing with it.

The engine in my car now is the same engine i’ve had for years. I recently ordered a new block and same e head combo up top, just to have new castings (mine are pretty wore out lol) and with the schedule we have nowadays i have always been a little worried about not having a spare engine to swap out, in case i get a little wild with the loud pedal. The new engine is a little smaller in order to fit some of the bigger payout class rules should i ever choose to class race it.

I feel the cv top end has a lot of potential hp gains. I’ve never doubted that. But i’ve proven over and over again that hp ain’t everything. I’ll take reliable parts over big power any day of the week. As long as the thing will stay together, i can test test test until i figure out how to win with it. Who cares how much power it makes, if you can’t make it to the finals and you got no spares to fix it. Thats the main reason i’ve never switched out the eheads for
something “better”. The cv guys understand the demands placed on my equipment, and they have made adjustments so that i get the best of both worlds. HP and Reliabilty. The results will speak for themselves. Let’s face it, there isn’t anyone i can call and order a top end upgrade for a twin turbo 9400 rpm 3 second nitro breathing traditional pontiac door car lol.

Don Dial Race Cars
Old 06-18-2018, 05:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

secondly......

I had a few gremlins early in this season that bit me in the ass. The first couple of episodes were filmed within a few days of each other. Needless to say, it took some time and a lot of sleepless nights to pintpoint the problems, and make a field adjustment. When you come off the trailer with issues, and go back in the trailer with issues.....it’s expected that the issues are still present. We don’t get test passes, qualifying runs, or any of the above. Due to my poor past history of sneaking out to the race road and making some hits before hand....that is no longer an option. They watch me like a hawk lol. So i can’t test there anymore. And there isn’t many roads like that one to test for. So i’m basically racing off the trailer while solving issues one at a time.

I’m not one for excuses, but cut me some slack lol. It was clearly obvious even watching the show at home, that my junk wasn’t happy. And i still ran very close to an extremely high dollar combo with huge brand support and no expense spared. And for those that say ryan is better at tuning or understanding data, id sure like to know what “data” you have to back that statement up lol cause last time i checked i’m the only guy in the top 5 that 100% tunes his own stuff. I pay for it, i tune it (ecu, shocks, chassis, converter) i drive it, i work on it. Just because he beat me a couple times early this season, doesn’t take away from the fact that i’ve whipped him plenty.

I respect ryan and he pilots a fast hotrod. But......a proline 481x in the car and two more in the trailer stacked on top of a large hired pro team and a fat budget......should never be concerned about a bored and stroked pontiac 400 with a set of performer rpm cylinder heads.

Don Dial Race Cars
Old 06-18-2018, 05:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the clarity, Chief!

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 06-18-2018, 06:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

aaaaaaand C.)

(here is the fun part lol)

The show obviously didn’t air any of my “new season updates” because when they came to my shop to film the teaser of all the new upgrades and goodies i have in store......I told them straight up. “I haven’t touched it. It’s all the same stuff that i went to number one with 4-5 years ago. This engine has won over and over again and the money it’s brought in is staggering. I could have bought any motor i wanted to after all the money it took home last season. And trust me, i thought about it. I almost fell victim to the “george”’s of the world. I kept hearing how my combo won’t be competitive anymore, that i better step my game up, and everyone got newer bigger engines and lighter better chassis. Hell I even called a guy about a proline 481x.......But then i realized something. This is supposed to be street racing. The whole freaking reason i like to street race, is because the street is the equalizer. No matter how much money you have, or how big your trailer is.....you still gotta force it down that road.

So decided, that i would keep the same combo and take back my crown. This setup has been to the number one spot 6 times in 3 different cars. I set out to prove, that i am a better tuner, superior driver, and that i will work harder than anyone alive and sacrifice everything i know....in order to win. I told the camera crews “with the money spent and all that billet on the table, if these guys lose to me even once....they should be ashamed of theirselves”........

And for those of you that say “chief is falling behind”, “his combo is outdated” “outgunned” “it’s gonna be a long season for chief”....... Lololololololol.......Well, the season is over (we just finished the last list race on wednesday).....and the poor little butler 482 with performer heads took home the hardware at the third night of racing, and defended it 7 times against proline 481x’s. On a list of literally 5 billet proline engines, couple monster n20 deals, and even a 5 inch bore boosted engine........i’ll give you one guess as to who is the fastest in the 405.

i know when i’m whipped....and i ain’t whipped yet. Until then, i’m going to work even harder, and keep looking for an edge (maybe fresh castings, maybe cv1 heads, maybe moar nitro, maybe clutch and a bolt action, who knows). Making it weird on the rich guys every time i drop the laundry.

Don Dial Race Cars
Old 06-18-2018, 06:29 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Low boost... Low boost
It is what it is......it’s built to go laps and not break, can’t win races with your car on the trailer!

GTO George

Old 06-18-2018, 06:33 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandX View Post
aaaaaaand C.)

(here is the fun part lol)

The show obviously didn’t air any of my “new season updates” because when they came to my shop to film the teaser of all the new upgrades and goodies i have in store......I told them straight up. “I haven’t touched it. It’s all the same stuff that i went to number one with 4-5 years ago. This engine has won over and over again and the money it’s brought in is staggering. I could have bought any motor i wanted to after all the money it took home last season. And trust me, i thought about it. I almost fell victim to the “george”’s of the world. I kept hearing how my combo won’t be competitive anymore, that i better step my game up, and everyone got newer bigger engines and lighter better chassis. Hell I even called a guy about a proline 481x.......But then i realized something. This is supposed to be street racing. The whole freaking reason i like to street race, is because the street is the equalizer. No matter how much money you have, or how big your trailer is.....you still gotta force it down that road.

So decided, that i would keep the same combo and take back my crown. This setup has been to the number one spot 6 times in 3 different cars. I set out to prove, that i am a better tuner, superior driver, and that i will work harder than anyone alive and sacrifice everything i know....in order to win. I told the camera crews “with the money spent and all that billet on the table, if these guys lose to me even once....they should be ashamed of theirselves”........

And for those of you that say “chief is falling behind”, “his combo is outdated” “outgunned” “it’s gonna be a long season for chief”....... Lololololololol.......Well, the season is over (we just finished the last list race on wednesday).....and the poor little butler 482 with performer heads took home the hardware at the third night of racing, and defended it 7 times against proline 481x’s. On a list of literally 5 billet proline engines, couple monster n20 deals, and even a 5 inch bore boosted engine........i’ll give you one guess as to who is the fastest in the 405.

i know when i’m whipped....and i ain’t whipped yet. Until then, i’m going to work even harder, and keep looking for an edge (maybe fresh castings, maybe cv1 heads, maybe moar nitro, maybe clutch and a bolt action, who knows). Making it weird on the rich guys every time i drop the laundry.
Well damn......that throws my theory right out the window! I suppose tipping the can helps a little!!
Cool!

GTO George

Old 06-18-2018, 06:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The excuses as to why the other brands lose to a Pontiac...………………….Priceless

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 06-18-2018, 06:47 AM
Suspended

I understand about racing against the rich guys........h_ll I still have a flatbed trailer!!
I threw some nitro in my fuel cell one time.....it ran liked a raped ape for about 900’, I ended up melting a piston and steel head!!

GTO George

Old 06-18-2018, 06:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Well damn......that throws my theory right out the window! I suppose tipping the can helps a little!!
Cool!

GTO George
You are a mental midget.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s