Old 07-10-2018, 11:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Current body mount choices

Who currently has the "best" most correct body mounts? Not interested in urethane but want a good set that is the correct durometer and not having to grind on things to make them work. Looking at Ames and Inline tube. I saw something recently where some liked the Inline tube ones, but they don't show a listing of a complete set anywhere, and i see no listing from them for the core support. Anyone use a recent full set from Ames?

Old 07-10-2018, 02:51 PM

I recently install a set in my 64, purchased from OPGI because they were on sale.
Look and fit fine. No info on the durometer value.

Old 07-10-2018, 05:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi Jim, did you replace the core support mounts?? Were the new ones round or square and what color??? As always, THANKS!!!

"Bill"!

Old 07-10-2018, 09:41 PM

Hey there Bill,
My new ones were round and black.
My originals (Fremont) were round and black.
I've read that some production used square but don't know when or where.
PS: Did you come to Valley Forge last month?
I worked the tech tent but did not see you.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:38 PM
Senior Chief

My 64 has the original square ones Baltimore build.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:17 PM

This thread come up last year. I was posting about a '64 convert, not sure if same for '65. Hope this helps.
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...ht=Body+mounts

Old 07-13-2018, 06:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks bbnotop. I ended ordering an Ames kit. They claim to have the correct #3 mount in the kit i ordered.

Old 10-16-2018, 03:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hey Guys, I realize this thread dates back a little and I'm glad I had a chance to review it recently. I'm curious as to best options of which body bushings may be the best option and see some good options from post from various members. Cardo I'm curious if you may share exact part number for the mounts you ordered. I'm planning to remove the body from my 64 project and one thing that was obvious is all mounts have been cut/removed so the body is just resting on the frame. There are a couple of important factors to me,first the mention of mount #3 as I'm not sure of exactly which mount this is and also the size of that mount needing to be different. Next is I noticed the trunk had been cut to remove the mounts just aft of the axle. My trunk was in need of replacement anyhow but I'm not sure of the correct method to remove or install these particular mounts due to there location. Curious of what details/tips anyone may share. Thanks-DeWayne

3sp&3:08/10 boltPosi-Pwr Windows-Pwr Antenna
Silvermist w/BlackVinyl Top

http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t201/dracowizard/65/
Old 10-16-2018, 09:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I ended up ordering the S382 AFA .. You will need to determine if you have the round or square core support mounts before you order. The kit i ordered has the round core support mounts. I'm posting some pictures of the originals and the reproductions... The repros are not identical, but will have to suffice. I may need to grind the center collars for the mounts that go under the door, or reuse my originals depending on how these fit. In the profile of the two side by side, the one with the shorter collar is the under mount. In the other pictures i'm posting of the originals, the 2 mounts that have the ''dish" in the middle are the ones that sit under the center of the doors. The rest of the mounts were identical to each other. I painted the rubber portion of the new mounts blue to match the originals. The pictures of the new ones, the larger diameter ones are the under door mounts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180710_210052.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	495257   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180710_210058.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	495258   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180710_210102.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	495259   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181016_191705.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	495260   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181016_191726.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	495261  

Old 10-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardo View Post
I ended up ordering the S382 AFA .. You will need to determine if you have the round or square core support mounts before you order. The kit i ordered has the round core support mounts. I'm posting some pictures of the originals and the reproductions... The repros are not identical, but will have to suffice. I may need to grind the center collars for the mounts that go under the door, or reuse my originals depending on how these fit. In the profile of the two side by side, the one with the shorter collar is the under mount. In the other pictures i'm posting of the originals, the 2 mounts that have the ''dish" in the middle are the ones that sit under the center of the doors. The rest of the mounts were identical to each other. I painted the rubber portion of the new mounts blue to match the originals. The pictures of the new ones, the larger diameter ones are the under door mounts.
Thanks that's a great help. I'll be using a 66 frame which has the round rad mount holes. Thanks I really appreciate.

3sp&3:08/10 boltPosi-Pwr Windows-Pwr Antenna
Silvermist w/BlackVinyl Top

http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t201/dracowizard/65/