The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 07-27-2018, 02:52 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 67 vent window

Hi folks I replace the rubber on my vent windows for the gto. I don't remember how I disassembled the door for paint does the door glass have to be out to re-install the vent window on a 67 gto?

Thanks in advance

Old 07-27-2018, 08:02 PM
Senior Chief

Hey Roy
Not sure if it HAS to be out, but mine was out when i put the vent windows in. I really can't imagine getting the vent windows in with the door glass in, maybe possible, but not easy.

Sorry i couldn't be more help. Good luck.
Ed

Old 07-28-2018, 09:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks Ed
I had a few minutes to try it the other day. I tried moving the window up/down with no luck of getting the vent window in. Going to give it a shot with the window in this weekend again if not I'll take them out. I was hoping not to though.

Old 07-28-2018, 03:23 PM
Senior Chief

I hear ya. It ain’t fun. Gonna be putting in my passenger side vent and then door glass in tomorrow,, if all goes well.

Good luck

Old 07-30-2018, 10:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

the door glass rides on 2 tracks, the front and rear. The rear track is a u-shaped channel that attaches to the door jamb end of the door. The front track, is the rear of the vent window. I have found it easier to place the door glass in the door, to the rear, install the vent window, and then place the door glass into the front track, and then the rear track.

Be sure that the beltline moldings and window sweeps are installed before the vent window install.

The lower adjustment 'screw' at the bottom of the vent window will determine the angle of the window and vent window, and can be adjusted once all the glass is in place.

Hope this helps

Old 07-30-2018, 05:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks Tempest that absolutely helps. I never thought to remove the other run channel. That should give me the room to slide the vent window into place.

Thanks again

Old 07-31-2018, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

when you remove the rear track, take note of where the bolts are in the adjustments, this will help with reassembly,......assuming the windows operate smoothly now.