Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 11-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Senior Chief

Default 74 Trans AM Drag Car Help needed in History

Recently purchased this and would like to know if anyone has/knows history on this car, on the rear spoiler is states "Indian Uprising" , old IHRA Record holder in PA an Indy in 1984 and 1985 has sticker/douments to prove this, bought without engine and tranny, (old sticker that says "Bruce Fulper Race Engines) but would like to know what combo was back then..

Thanks, Tom

Last edited by Adecco; 11-09-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Senior Chief

Alot of people have viewed Add, does anyone have any clue/history on this vehicle....

Old 11-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Senior Chief

Sorry but I have no answer to the ?But a ? What are your plans for it ?It looks good from this angle, Has the floor pans been cut up? have the frame sections been attached to each other,how was the cage attached to the body?But mostly what R U going to do with it?

Old 11-14-2007, 10:49 PM
Senior Chief

Default Regarding plans

The floor pans are not cut up, it has a full ladder bar suspension rear ford 9" with welded to the sub frames, tubs, the roll bar was welded to the frame, my plans are to put is a nice SD 455 motor and trans combo and race it in the Nastalgic class, update on the engine builder decal "Rich Fuller" Race engines out of MI.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Take a look thru here and see if it comes up.. post 74':

http://www.dragracingimagery.com/

Nothing is impossible if you break it down into possibilities. It's all a matter of "Want to".
Old 11-16-2007, 06:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

I moved it here to get more people looking.

Lynn might have some info.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to NHRASuperStock455SD

Already did. We never heard back from the poster. Maybe he forgot where he posted it. I watched this car dominate for about 10 years.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=539487

Lynn

Old 11-16-2007, 10:30 PM

I believe that that car was owned by Bill Foder from michigan, i saw him racing it at the southern nationals in the early 90's.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Ok, I missed that one. Thanks for the info Lynn, I thought you'd know something.

Old 11-17-2007, 12:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to NHRASuperStock455SD

David,

Maybe this Adecco didnt get the info as he never responded. You know how to get a hold of him? Foder said if you get his contact info he would help him with what ever information he wanted. He said he has lots of pictures.

Lynn

Old 11-17-2007, 03:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adecco
Recently purchased this and would like to know if anyone has/knows history on this car, on the rear spoiler is states "Indian Uprising" , old IHRA Record holder in PA an Indy in 1984 and 1985 has sticker/douments to prove this, bought without engine and tranny, (old sticker that says "Bruce Fulper Race Engines) but would like to know what combo was back then..

Thanks, Tom

Cool T/A-- and if Bill Foder was racing it--it must be a Beast.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Senior Chief

I was out of town for a week, thanks for all the great posts, Bill Foder can contact me at 708-452-8921, Tom

Old 11-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

It would be great if Bill Foder joined PY's--one class racer.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:53 PM
Senior Chief

To say the least I got screwed by a PY member he is a marine (LOL) and if he was he would be loyal to all those in the US, he traded me a POS T/A and yes it it my fault for dealing with scum, but you would think he would be honest enough to at least let me but the car back.. for what I paid for it.. POS...

Old 08-22-2018, 09:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What is the members name or nickname? Just to be careful.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

whats the story?

Old 08-22-2018, 10:32 PM
Senior Chief

The story goes like this I picked up Foder's TA and posted a find/question as to history on the car.. I get connected from the POS telling me he is really interested in the car and has a mint 76 TA, motor done, just needs the interior put back in.. well the car shows up on a trailer and the driver who brought it was like do you really want this 76 TA and I said a deal is a deal. So we made the trade (again my bad) and a week later aft getting into the car, I found our that the floors have bondo patching done, quarter work, cheap MAACO paint job, motor was painted to look new and upon pulling off the intake on word slug.. car was not even a 20 footer.. painted the suspension to look new.. the list goes on.. so it was a lesson learned and the forum member knows who he is and what he did... again I know he still has the Fodder TA .. most likely still in the state that I gave him..

I even spoke with Foder a MIT professor to get his input on the engine combe/build and what made it run so fast..

Old 08-23-2018, 11:59 AM
Pontiac performance Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adecco View Post
The floor pans are not cut up, it has a full ladder bar suspension rear ford 9" with welded to the sub frames, tubs, the roll bar was welded to the frame, my plans are to put is a nice SD 455 motor and trans combo and race it in the Nastalgic class, update on the engine builder decal "Rich Fuller" Race engines out of MI.
Since you are going to drag race it, I suggest you contact J.B. Clegg in Victoria, TX who now owns my original 1974 T/A. I believe it now runs 9.70s in a lighter SS class.

http://originalho.com/1974TA455SD/1974TA455SD.html

Old 08-23-2018, 05:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adecco View Post
The story goes like this I picked up Foder's TA and posted a find/question as to history on the car.. I get connected from the POS telling me he is really interested in the car and has a mint 76 TA, motor done, just needs the interior put back in.. well the car shows up on a trailer and the driver who brought it was like do you really want this 76 TA and I said a deal is a deal. So we made the trade (again my bad) and a week later aft getting into the car, I found our that the floors have bondo patching done, quarter work, cheap MAACO paint job, motor was painted to look new and upon pulling off the intake on word slug.. car was not even a 20 footer.. painted the suspension to look new.. the list goes on.. so it was a lesson learned and the forum member knows who he is and what he did... again I know he still has the Fodder TA .. most likely still in the state that I gave him..

I even spoke with Foder a MIT professor to get his input on the engine combe/build and what made it run so fast..
This post really baffles me. First let me say that the guy in question is not scum or a POS. But why has it taken you 10 years to post this? I've even talked to you on the phone since the transaction was made and you made no negative comments at that time. I realize it didn't really involve me and maybe that's why you didn't say anything. Quite honestly I didn't even remember that he traded you a vehicle. I thought he purchased this one outright. I can tell you he has made many trips to the Middle East and the last one resulted in injury. I haven't seen him in a few years now so I don't know what's going on with him, but you're going to have a hard time convincing me that at the time he was trying to screw you.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:27 AM
Senior Chief

No he did not buy the car it was a trade, and trips to the middle east, well I am on old war-vet and an honest vet.. so to your friend he knows the story as do I .. he may be an honorable vet but I will leave it at that.. And the reason for the post being brought back up is just that an honest man would say "hey I am sorry" my bad..