THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-03-2019, 09:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Praying for folks in Alabama!

Waaay too early for Tornado Season.

Prayers lifted up for all residents in path of these storms & all the hardworking first responders & relief help.

Old 03-03-2019, 10:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Seems to have been raining since Thanksgiving!

Old 03-03-2019, 10:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Yeah been lifting up words to the Lord, here!!! My church ministers to homeless folks in Oklahoma City, can't imagine their situation in last week of so.
My 79 year old house does not retain heat well (I have made many improvements, many more to go...). I am blessed in comparison though!
Supposed to be 10 degrees here tonight! I work for local school, taking care of their school buses. Just got text, they called off school for tomorrow. The folks that run my school are awesome. Kids walking to school, waiting at bus stops, etc, and buses that have been started and run for even 30 minutes do not heat up enough in this weather (some do, some don't).
Lord, Your hand upon these situations, Amen!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 03-03-2019, 11:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Crap, just noticed it goes to 19 degrees tonight.

Old 03-03-2019, 11:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

All that damage and destruction practically in my back yard and I did not have a clue until I started watching the news tonight. We had a ton of rain and some thunder but I had no earthly idea that it was that bad just down the road. It's been way too warm here and flowers blooming everywhere and this is what happens when a cold front rams up against that.
Prayers for all involved.

Old 03-03-2019, 11:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Glad to hear at least two AL PY'ers are alright.
Cold, wet, muddy, & covered with insulation/debris, not what any of us would wish on our Christian brothers.

Jeff, for our sakes, sure wpuld be sweet for 2019, if here in the heart of Tornado Alley, the outbreaks are minimal, similar to last year. Stay safe & warm!

Old 03-04-2019, 12:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head View Post
Glad to hear at least two AL PY'ers are alright.
Cold, wet, muddy, & covered with insulation/debris, not what any of us would wish on our Christian brothers.

Jeff, for our sakes, sure wpuld be sweet for 2019, if here in the heart of Tornado Alley, the outbreaks are minimal, similar to last year. Stay safe & warm!
Thanks, Roger!!!
I have been going to a Full Gospel church since 2013. Have been changed and uplifted mightily since going there. I pray daily for weather, and of course many other things. We don't HAVE to have bad weather. We can pray for anything. I pass this on for all to have great Faith in the Lord, as Paul said, Pray continuously! We are still blessed to live in the greatest country!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 03-04-2019, 08:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Good here. Lots of rain but all the destruction was well south and east of us.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

30* this AM & slight snow fall. God is good.

Old 03-04-2019, 10:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

"...I have been going to a Full Gospel church since 2013. Have been changed and uplifted mightily since going there. I pray daily for weather, and of course many other things. We don't HAVE to have bad weather. We can pray for anything. I pass this on for all to have great Faith in the Lord, as Paul said, Pray continuously! We are still blessed to live in the greatest country! "

LIKE !!!

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...26&version=KJV

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...24&version=KJV

I know from past posts that there are a lot of non-Christians on this site. To these guys, I suppose that praying to a God they don't believe in is a totally ridiculous idea. They consider any claims of answered prayer sorta like something that might be in Ripley's Believe It Or Not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripley...ieve_It_or_Not!

But, for me and millions of others, prayer is one of the very best ideas we can think of. Even when you don't know exactly what to do, pray for the wisdom to know.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...A5&version=KJV

I've prayed for all those adversely affected by the recent storms. I've asked that God minister to, & meet all the needs of these people & animals, as well as the 1st responders , and all who will provide assistance to these. And if I didn't believe it would do any good, I would not have taken the time to do it. It's a very simple choice. You either believe it, or you don't.

Last edited by ponyakr; 03-04-2019 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Prayers sent from here. I'm human have all the emotions but I feel that the creator has a plan he will give us all we need to fulfill that plan. Like a roller coaster ride sometimes thrilling sometimes scary. When I'm scared i know the devil is working his woe,but still scared. I Pray constantly even driving to work,i do like 50s rock and roll on the radio though.I feel blessed.

Old 03-04-2019, 05:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

NWS is saying it was an EF-4 storm. From the amount of damage I’ve seen reported I think they’re correct.

Dr. Thomas Sowell