Old 04-19-2018, 07:32 PM

Default '64 GTO Decklid molding clips

I lost my clips for the SS decklid molding and have been trying to find new ones. I remember what they looked like but no dimensions. According to Ames, they are no longer available. The only ones they list are for a 67 and apparently they don't interchange. The originals were GM # 1-9776924 but were discontinued in 05/1974. Does anyone have any ideas on what will work?

Any help (or pics) is appreciated!

Thanks

Old 04-19-2018, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm sure if you search in here you can find numerous posts about this. But if you take your old one to your local part store they can match it up. Won't work with the acorn nuts, but I here they are available. Dick I think has found a supplier. I could be wrong though.

Old 04-21-2018, 02:06 AM

Thanks..I found Dick's posts. Sometimes my searchs don't get me what I'm looking for.

Old 04-21-2018, 02:57 PM

Default Ss trunk moulding

Did you find a supplier or something that would work for the trunk moulding from dick

Old 04-21-2018, 06:12 PM

Yes but you should maybe read the thread. It is NAPA # 665-1141. Read this thread. http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=813455

Old 04-21-2018, 07:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Read the following posting. It has the NAPA part numbers for clips that will work. The 10-24 studs need to be cut shorter so they work with PAL nuts. You should be able to find some PAL Acorn nuts that work with 10-24 studs. AMK has some that will work. Part number B-11705 already yellow (rainbow) zinc plated.

The ends of the trim strip need a 8-32 large-headed Phillips head screw. As I said in the earlier posting, you can use the NAPA clips, but cut off the 10-24 stud and drill/tap for 8-32 screw and you're all set. PM me if you need the two 8-32 screws. I have A LOT and have already send many of them to people on this board.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...15#post4922715

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan
Old 06-22-2019, 11:00 PM
Senior Chief

Rlfehl:

For 1964

Sorry to be so late to the dance. Over this past winter I found the clips used to secure the two Philip head stainless steel screws with this molding that I did not know I had. Just recently, I acquired a bunch of the gold iridited Pal acorn nuts. Unfortunately, I have not yet found a source for the stainless steel screws, and do not have enough extra to send. So except for the two screws, I have everything else (studs, clips, and nuts) you will need to mount this molding. Let me know if you still need, and I will send.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...35&postcount=8