THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 07-27-2019, 11:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, I had my Tundra fixed under the same policy last year after some woman backed out of a parking spot into me. I had it fixed at my Toyota dealer with Toyota parts. I had to tell them, as they did want to send me down the street, but they did it.

Old 07-27-2019, 11:46 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66sprint6 View Post
Well, I had my Tundra fixed under the same policy last year after some woman backed out of a parking spot into me. I had it fixed at my Toyota dealer with Toyota parts. I had to tell them, as they did want to send me down the street, but they did it.
That is not a collector vehicle and "dealers" will almost always discount parts and work with the insurance company's figure so they can use "their" parts. Trust me, "you" did not dictate the repair, the shop just worked with the figure. They make more money using their parts vs. someone elses. Had you taken it to a regular collision shop the outcome would have been different.

Old 07-27-2019, 05:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have Grundy and really like them. Agreed value, no mileage limit. Just if anything happens you were either going to or coming from a car show.
When I had a garage fire in 2006 they totaled my highly modified black 68 for $60K and I bought it back for 11K. Just had burnt paint and bad smoke and water damage.
I still use them for my red 68 all stock car for 35K and only $350 a year.

TigerEFI.com (Classic Pontiac Fuel Injection)
2004 GTO Company car, 1994 TA 25th Anv, 1971 Grand Safari Wagon, 1968 GTO EFI, 1968 GTO Stock, 1968 GTO Convertible in desperate need of restoration.

Old 07-27-2019, 09:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hagerty pays the THE OWNER, Not the repair Bill. Also Hagerty is an AGREED value policy. Hagerty does NOT dictate the repairs, however they may have their own adjuster look at the car.
I have seen that adjuster write CHECKS to an OWNER.
Yes there are limitations driving the car.
Prices of insurance are not only based on location, but also on Horsepower, yup that thing most Brag about.

Old 07-27-2019, 10:12 PM
Suspended

LOL! Most adjusters have draft authority these days. There is nothing surprising about that. And the check they write is THEIR number based off of THEIR appraisal.

Old 07-28-2019, 12:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief of the 60's View Post
LOL! Most adjusters have draft authority these days. There is nothing surprising about that. And the check they write is THEIR number based off of THEIR appraisal.
Your own words>>"I can guarantee you 100% that is not the case. No company allows that. The "company" pays the repair bill, the "company" dictates the repairs"
They do NOT pay the Bill, they pay the insured.
I have found the Agreed repair cost also apply and using the car owners chosen shop. While any policy has its limitations, These seem practical enough.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:22 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
Your own words>>"I can guarantee you 100% that is not the case. No company allows that. The "company" pays the repair bill, the "company" dictates the repairs"
They do NOT pay the Bill, they pay the insured.
I have found the Agreed repair cost also apply and using the car owners chosen shop. While any policy has its limitations, These seem practical enough.
Does the person with the car write the check for the repairs?

Old 07-28-2019, 01:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, Owner pays the repair shop/bill

Old 07-28-2019, 01:55 PM
Suspended

Only after the insured or claimant deposit the draft the adjustor/company wrote in the amount of the repairs negotiated in good faith between the insurance company and the repair facility. You're welcome sir!

Old 07-28-2019, 03:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief of the 60's View Post
Only after the insured or claimant deposit the draft the adjustor/company wrote in the amount of the repairs negotiated in good faith between the insurance company and the repair facility. You're welcome sir!
Why do you insist on leaving OUT the car owner? >" negotiated in good faith between the insurance company and the repair facility" you forgot, AND THE Owner ! The Policy is held by the car owner. Every single claim I have seen by a collector car company has involved the OWNER of the policy AND their car. One reason why the Insurance Co, writes the check to the OWNER , NOt the facuility, like a typical daily driver repair.
I thought this was all clear.. or maybe its not?

Old 07-28-2019, 03:55 PM
Suspended

If the OWNER wants something above and beyond what the insurance company negotiated then its the OWNER'S responsibility to come up with the difference NOT the insurance company. The OWNER wants a complete paint job because of a fender bender, the OWNER PAYS the difference. The OWNER wants NOS when the insurance company found good quality used parts, the OWNER PAYS the difference. And so on. Why do you insist that insurance companies write blank checks? Have you worked for one that did? I know I haven't.

Some people get this notion in their head and it is so far from the truth. It also becomes a huge disappointment in the end of a claims process.

Old 07-28-2019, 05:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I Never said "BLANK CHECK" why put words in my mouth?
I have worked closely with a shop that has done repairs for a couple different Ins. Co. that do agreed value policies.
I can say I have seen the Owner demand a new part, only to see said repop item suck, and the Owner found a nice used part for a bit more money, with shipping, and the Insurance co Paid him for it,
Yes, with a check.
So lets, for conversation sake, YOU WIN! Insurance co's all suck.. why bother? Peace out

Old 07-28-2019, 05:44 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
Insurance co's all suck.. why bother? Peace out
I'm with you on that one.