Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 12-11-2019, 06:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Langer View Post
There are around 10 cars or so in the npk series that make far more power then Justin. But here’s the thing, it is harder to race on a surface that will only hold 2500hp with a motor that makes 4000hp compared to one that makes 2000hp. I don’t know what he makes. Just numbers for illustration. Also, why would you need an offset lifter or rocket with a wide port? There are other ways to skin a cat...
You are correct you may not "have" to offset the lifter and pushrod. Even if you worked around that he will have the same exhaust port he has now.... Not sure how much that will hold back and gains from a bigger intake port.... Any thoughts?

Btw....you didn't have to spell it out for them.

Old 12-11-2019, 06:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Finally, a post the speaks the truth
You've been reading the wrong posts

Old 12-11-2019, 06:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Langer View Post
There are around 10 cars or so in the npk series that make far more power then Justin. But here’s the thing, it is harder to race on a surface that will only hold 2500hp with a motor that makes 4000hp compared to one that makes 2000hp. I don’t know what he makes. Just numbers for illustration. Also, why would you need an offset lifter or rocket with a wide port? There are other ways to skin a cat...
This is something George will never get. You can make all the power in the world but if you can’t put it to the surface you just have a Dyno queen...Justin has figured it out... also I thought he did pretty good winning 1 of the races the first season he participated. There are many bigger, badder, more powerful setups that have never done it...

Old 12-11-2019, 09:10 PM
Suspended

As stated already, you can make all the power you want but you have to get it down the track..
We made around 2k but raced hemi cars running 3 to 3.5k... we went many rounds and won some races...
We had a .97 60' .... we got out the hole fast and consistently made it the the trap....
It's great to make big power but that's just 1 factor to a win...

Old 12-11-2019, 09:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
As stated already, you can make all the power you want but you have to get it down the track..
We made around 2k but raced hemi cars running 3 to 3.5k... we went many rounds and won some races...
We had a .97 60' .... we got out the hole fast and consistently made it the the trap....
It's great to make big power but that's just 1 factor to a win...
Great post Scott....another thing that helps the lower power quick cars is a finish line at 660 ft

Old 12-11-2019, 09:53 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Goat1 View Post
This is something George will never get. You can make all the power in the world but if you can’t put it to the surface you just have a Dyno queen...Justin has figured it out... also I thought he did pretty good winning 1 of the races the first season he participated. There are many bigger, badder, more powerful setups that have never done it...
Seriously......I’ve been drag racing for about 50 years I’m pretty sure I get it! He won one race and that was great but in all the rest he was getting kinda abused. So he either was out powered, out driven or out tuned......you tell me.

GTO George

Old 12-11-2019, 09:58 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
Great post Scott....another thing that helps the lower power quick cars is a finish line at 660 ft
Yes it does... a lot of those hemi cars had screw blower... they came on strong on the high end as opposed to our roots blower that made power down low....
I think it's great what the orange gto made! No doubt he is badass.... on a fully prepped track he may skull drag the crow...
However, I think Justin will skull drag him down a no prep track in the long haul.
Both are great for the Pontiac crowd! They both carry th banner!

Oh yeah, EHTTF! .....

Last edited by Scott Roberts; 12-11-2019 at 10:12 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:59 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Seriously......I’ve been drag racing for about 50 years I’m pretty sure I get it! He won one race and that was great but in all the rest he was getting kinda abused. So he either was out powered, out driven or out tuned......you tell me.

GTO George
Whole different story if it was a kre head....
But hey, everyone here knows that already...
You have to see the trend George..that's why no one takes you seriously...

Old 12-11-2019, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

GTO George
Say what you want but that Chief has won more money with that Ehead engine than should be allowed by law...he won Outlaw Armageddon at $60k, He won that huge race in Bristol for $70k, he won a NPK for $40k and countless street races for big money...all against those cars that “slap him around”...

Old 12-11-2019, 11:00 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Goat1 View Post
Say what you want but that Chief has won more money with that Ehead engine than should be allowed by law...he won Outlaw Armageddon at $60k, He won that huge race in Bristol for $70k, he won a NPK for $40k and countless street races for big money...all against those cars that “slap him around”...
EHTTF...BIG MONEY BALLER

Old 12-12-2019, 01:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You know Paul, I was thinking you need a good nickname. There are a few good ones around here. But yours needs to be IMHO Xerox. You have earned it !

Old 12-12-2019, 08:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
THE street......he's racing the same 405 group and then when he goes out of town half of the cars are DOGS, hell some of them wouldn't pass a NHRA or a IHRA tech of there lives depend on it and by the way it does.

GTO George
This is why the internet is bad. George you ever been to a street outlaws show? I will address 2 false statements in your quote. Even on street Outlaws the cars have to pass NHRA tech. My friend with a fast small tire( when the had 2 lists) was not allowed to race because his roll bar was not good enough for his time.
As for the "dogs" a few friends I have have been on the show, lost to them with 7 second cars. Your car must be in the "turd" section if sub 7 second cars are Dogs.
Do you just make stuff up?? Where did you hear those false facts?

Old 12-12-2019, 08:59 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
This is why the internet is bad. George you ever been to a street outlaws show? I will address 2 false statements in your quote. Even on street Outlaws the cars have to pass NHRA tech. My friend with a fast small tire( when the had 2 lists) was not allowed to race because his roll bar was not good enough for his time.
As for the "dogs" a few friends I have have been on the show, lost to them with 7 second cars. Your car must be in the "turd" section if sub 7 second cars are Dogs.
Do you just make stuff up?? Where did you hear those false facts?
I can only speak on what I see about street outlaws (not counting the no prep) I’ve seen lots of cars that have no funny car cage, funny car cage required on cars running 8.50 or quicker! I’ve also seen them not wearing proper fire suit/jackets. Yes my car would be a dog in street outlaws (hello McFly......bracket car) but I’m sure that the cars that are running blowers/turbos are running more the 12 lbs of boost! LOL! I’m sorry I cat get more the 12 lbs of boost out of my blower....buy me a Hampton 8-71 2 lobe race blower and I’ll pump it up to over 25 lbs of boost and let it eat!

GTO George

Old 12-12-2019, 09:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
You know Paul, I was thinking you need a good nickname. There are a few good ones around here. But yours needs to be IMHO Xerox. You have earned it !
You still here?

Old 12-12-2019, 01:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
You still here?
LMFAO!!

Brian

Boobs & bacon
Old 12-12-2019, 01:56 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
I can only speak on what I see about street outlaws (not counting the no prep) I’ve seen lots of cars that have no funny car cage, funny car cage required on cars running 8.50 or quicker! I’ve also seen them not wearing proper fire suit/jackets. Yes my car would be a dog in street outlaws (hello McFly......bracket car) but I’m sure that the cars that are running blowers/turbos are running more the 12 lbs of boost! LOL! I’m sorry I cat get more the 12 lbs of boost out of my blower....buy me a Hampton 8-71 2 lobe race blower and I’ll pump it up to over 25 lbs of boost and let it eat!

GTO George
I’ve got a D rotor PSI for sale George. It’ll put out more than enough for you.

Old 12-12-2019, 03:32 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fastgtos View Post
I’ve got a D rotor PSI for sale George. It’ll put out more than enough for you.
Going to a C?

Old 12-12-2019, 03:59 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
Going to a C?
Already have it.

Old 12-12-2019, 05:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

3fastgtos or Scott Roberts what is the difference between the C & D rotors? The C the better one?

Old 12-12-2019, 05:48 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
3fastgtos or Scott Roberts what is the difference between the C & D rotors? The C the better one?
The rotors in the C are about an inch longer in the same case as the D. The C puts out at 92 over what the D does at 108 over. I can get the same boost turning less rpm, and I’ll have more room to grow.