Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 12:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
Not tell you anything but what I said BBC if I ever lose this MR1 block .I will never build other Pontiac Race motor .Don't care which block is better, When I guy like Langer(KING) can only make 1250 hp + with a Pontiac n/a lets face it with out turbo.,nitrous .blowers we are phucken slow.. So you can wrap your arms around any block you like I could care less..
Plenty of folks never thought we would ever get to 1250. People now can get to 1000HP NA without terrible difficulty with a used top end sort of thing. We have come a long way but fighting bore spacing all the way for the big dogs.

One you shove a BBC in a Pontiac it becomes a "who cares" car to the die hard types. I just would not race if that was the choice.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragncar For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2019, 01:12 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Plenty of folks never thought we would ever get to 1250. People now can get to 1000HP NA without terrible difficulty with a used top end sort of thing. We have come a long way but fighting bore spacing all the way for the big dogs.

One you shove a BBC in a Pontiac it becomes a "who cares" car to the die hard types. I just would not race if that was the choice.
I don't give phuck who cares. to old to care.It's just a piece of metal to me. My life is bigger than being a Pontiac Die hard .. Ok take care

Old 12-21-2019, 08:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The aluminum block is not a exact copy of the iron block.

Old 12-22-2019, 02:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

KREs MR1A uses the same mold as their iron block.. At least that is what Jeff K told me when I asked him.

Old 12-22-2019, 11:57 AM
Senior Chief

And if someone made a block with wider bore spaces all the die hard little bitches would cry more than if you put a bbc in it.

Old 12-22-2019, 12:43 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpenrod View Post
And if someone made a block with wider bore spaces all the die hard little bitches would cry more than if you put a bbc in it.
I’m as diehard as it gets but this statement isn’t true, at least not for me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3fastgtos For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2019, 03:54 PM
Senior Chief

I agree 3fastgtos I am a diehard Pontiac guy to. There will never be anything between the frame rails except a Pontiac

Blown 4cyl's to the front
The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty4cyl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2019, 06:30 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty4cyl View Post
I agree 3fastgtos I am a diehard Pontiac guy to. There will never be anything between the frame rails except a Pontiac
You two and a handful of others maybe!

Old 12-22-2019, 06:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
Not tell you anything but what I said BBC if I ever lose this MR1 block .I will never build other Pontiac Race motor .Don't care which block is better, When I guy like Langer(KING) can only make 1250 hp + with a Pontiac n/a lets face it with out turbo.,nitrous .blowers we are phucken slow.. So you can wrap your arms around any block you like I could care less..
Not sure what is so special about a BBC engine? Any engine can fail and plenty of Chevy Big Blocks and Small Blocks do as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPAOHcI1TSM

Old 12-22-2019, 10:41 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
Not sure what is so special about a BBC engine? Any engine can fail and plenty of Chevy Big Blocks and Small Blocks do as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPAOHcI1TSM
Nothing special just easier I been a Pontiac Guy since 1974 .Now I just want to go fast you can buy a 1100.1300 hp BBC under 20 grand Build a Pontiac like that you need deep pockets Just a lot more bang for your buck..But I am sure my 505 will hang in there until I go 8.00. et Now a days people don't really care what's under the hood. You got Bad ass mustangs with BBC LS motors .Pontiac has been dead since 2009 .Just old dudes that are closed minded care Well I won't be one of those old dudes ..lol Life is way to short to waste my time with chit like that.

Merry Christmas all the best in 2020 ..

Old 12-22-2019, 10:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Merry Christmas to you as well. .....and your right. BBC engines will make more horsepower per dollar than a Pontiac once you exceed around 600-650 HP. No argument there. As far as nobody caring what's under the hood of a given car, only REAL Pontiac people care what's under the hood of their classic Pontiac, true enough. Yea, I am one of those "dudes", never taking the easy way out. My three favorite engine platforms are Pontiac, FE Ford, and Studebaker. All orphan brands. There is plenty of Chevy, LS, and Modular Ford stuff out there for everyone else. They are all fun to play with.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2019, 11:01 PM
Suspended

PPTTF!

GTO George

The Following User Says Thank You to GTOGEORGE For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2019, 11:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Guess im just hard headed but there will NEVER be any thing that powers my cars but a tried and true Pontiac. And btw I don't care about bore spacing or deck height. As long as it somewhat resembles a Pontiac and runs good im good

Old 12-22-2019, 11:16 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
Merry Christmas to you as well. .....and your right. BBC engines will make more horsepower per dollar than a Pontiac once you exceed around 600-650 HP. No argument there. As far as nobody caring what's under the hood of a given car, only REAL Pontiac people care what's under the hood of their classic Pontiac, true enough. Yea, I am one of those "dudes", never taking the easy way out. My three favorite engine platforms are Pontiac, FE Ford, and Studebaker. All orphan brands. There is plenty of Chevy, LS, and Modular Ford stuff out there for everyone else. They are all fun to play with.
Well said A classic Pontiac is a whole different story it must have a Pontiac.

Old 12-22-2019, 11:19 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535 tall deck View Post
Guess im just hard headed but there will NEVER be any thing that powers my cars but a tried and true Pontiac. And btw I don't care about bore spacing or deck height. As long as it somewhat resembles a Pontiac and runs good im good
And that is super cool and it is your choice.

Old 12-23-2019, 02:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpenrod View Post
If it had a longer Tiger style head I think it would be great for those that want to do it. If it was a canted valve head it would not be any different than a BBC/BBF.

Jim Butler told me all he wanted was a 1/4" more between the center 2 cylinders.

Old 12-23-2019, 11:11 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
If it had a longer Tiger style head I think it would be great for those that want to do it. If it was a canted valve head it would not be any different than a BBC/BBF.

Jim Butler told me all he wanted was a 1/4" more between the center 2 cylinders.
Sooooo CV1 guys are NOT Pontiac people in your view ..Do I have that right?

Old 12-23-2019, 11:33 AM
Senior Chief

Some pontiac people are worse than mopar people, and they're lunatics!!!

Old 12-23-2019, 12:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

corvette people
mopar people
pontiac people

i would drop a chevy in my race cars, not in my pontiac street/strip cars. i just think the pontiac styling is better on almost every year and every model. The motors are great too, just need another 0 in the gross income to do it right.

1972 Maverick under slow construction
Old 12-23-2019, 03:37 PM
Suspended

I agree building a Pontiac right you need Deep Pockets that's why in the Pontiac world there's only a few big fish. In the Chevy World you would only be a tadpole. To make 1250 hp in the Chevy world is not a big deal in the Pontiac World they call you King LOL Kind of Sad..

Closed Thread