Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2020, 05:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Don't leave out the fact you run on a beach at sea level.
..... and absolutely zero first hand experience running Hi-port heads

Last edited by PAUL K; 09-12-2020 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-12-2020, 05:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Small Fords on nitrous take experience to make work at top levels same as Pontiacs.

If you can't see beyond your own bubble you will never be on top.

Old 09-12-2020, 06:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE=Dragncar;6177876

Question, why did David Bishop tell me I am going to need a .750 lift cam to make the heads work ??

[/QUOTE]

Maybe because he thought that is what your combination needs.

Old 09-12-2020, 09:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLANK1 View Post
Darby,
Went testing and tuning last month at Milan Dragway. It was hot and humid in the 80's and made 5 passes. Changed timing anywhere from 28 to 38 degrees, tried different launch rpm's(footbraked) and tried different shift points from 6000 to 6500. Went 11.20 @ 119.37 mph, 11.18 @ 120.10, 11.14(38 degrees timing)@ 119.83, 11.21 @ 119.38 and 11.20 @ 118.92 mph. 60 fts were anywhere from 1.61 to 1.57. Lash with this Jones cam is at .015/.019. I saw a guy on facebook with a wagon that has a motor similar to mine and he said his ran best with 41 degrees timing. Gonna try that next and maybe get a higher stall converter or pull the heads and have them shaved a bit for higher compression and try the 271/278 cam or just put a nitrous kit on it but I would rather run NA. Just need to rob a bank so I can build a 500+ inch shortblock that these HP's would work better on and get this heavy car moving. Want to be in the 10.00 range.
Just my opinion but i think you are changing too much at once. I feel that any change needs 2 passes to validate it. Start with 1 thing at a time. Jetting or timing or shift points, but 1 change, make 2 hits to see the results. It takes time but works

Old 09-12-2020, 11:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Don't leave out the fact you run on a beach at sea level.
So we might cross the line right next to each other on the same track, big deal.
Its a TRW 455 with a 850, iron heads and 9-1, against THAT.

I mean really, you and Paul try and scoff at it, but does he have a 9-1 iron headed 455 running 10-70s, 60s ???
Thats a big fat NO. Aw just spray it right !!

Old 09-12-2020, 11:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Stoneburg View Post
Just my opinion but i think you are changing too much at once. I feel that any change needs 2 passes to validate it. Start with 1 thing at a time. Jetting or timing or shift points, but 1 change, make 2 hits to see the results. It takes time but works
One change at a time.

Old 09-12-2020, 11:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
..... and absolutely zero first hand experience running Hi-port heads
And you make real money pushing E heads. High Ports, not so much !
You hate High Ports. They do not line you pockets.

Old 09-12-2020, 11:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracerx2813 View Post
You seen the flow sheet right ?
He did not know a thing about my combo when he told me that.

Old 09-13-2020, 12:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
So we might cross the line right next to each other on the same track, big deal.
Its a TRW 455 with a 850, iron heads and 9-1, against THAT.

I mean really, you and Paul try and scoff at it, but does he have a 9-1 iron headed 455 running 10-70s, 60s ???
Thats a big fat NO. Aw just spray it right !!
Post the 10.6 time slip with the date and car weight. If you want to brag about then lets see the details of the run, and see what the Moroso slide rule says for power.

Old 09-13-2020, 12:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Post the 10.6 time slip with the date and car weight. If you want to brag about then lets see the details of the run, and see what the Moroso slide rule says for power.
I did not say I ran a 10.60. I said Paul has no low CR iron head cars that are beating me NA. He does not.
I am not making that much power. Barely make it to 121 MPH on a perfect run. By the time I got the car dialed in the engine was tired anyway.
Only reason I can get the ET I do is a launch like a mid/low 10 sec car. No reason Blank can not do the same only with more top end and lay down some good numbers. Spend some money on a converter, don't cheap out on it.

Remember when the E heads first came out and so many guys were putting them on with the same bottom end, cam ect as their iron heads ? Everyone was complaining they did not run any better.
Well it took a little bit to cam them right with converter/gear changes, then they kicked @$$.
Same thing going on here, just to a smaller degree.
I would not even consider running a High Port unless I had at least a .725 lift cam.

Old 09-13-2020, 08:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Arrow

Quote:
And you make real money pushing E heads. High Ports, not so much !
You hate High Ports. They do not line you pockets.
D-douche I ran 10.8 na and 9.8 on spray with pump gas Super Duty heads back around 1998 weighing 3960 through the mufflers using 3.89 gears (and the block doesn't have a hole in it)..... Way above sea level. Really the performance of your car is about as impressive as your posts made on this Website... There is a "reason" you post pictures of trophies rather than time slips

We do a handful of Hi-port builds along with Tigers, Ram Air V's and Wenzlers.... Right now we just did a Hi-port build that has the potential to be as fast as our World record setting Buicks heads, in other words they are pretty wicked!.. I'll post the time slip to help you understand better

And here is an impressive pair iron heads j u s t f o r y o u

https://youtu.be/0f7edXFN2XY

When your chit runs close to this you will understand a lot more of what is said on this site. Until then try to pay attention and learn.... You know like when you watch the Millwright at work and dream "someday"!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2237_2.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	549399  

Old 09-13-2020, 08:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You seen the flow sheet right ?
He did not know a thing about my combo when he told me that.
Use your Millwright math and figure out what a .421 lobe with a 1.8 rocker offers for net lift.

A 265 degree @ .050 lobe has already made good power to 8400 rpm in a stock block using factory iron heads.... Please stop posting your made up BS. You have no clue what you are talking about. Just third and fourth hand information folks feed you to get you off the phone.

BTW.... Who cares about how much valve lift you like on an engine you've been building for more than two decades and has yet to run? Or oil pressure for that matter.

Old 09-13-2020, 08:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracerx2813 View Post
I thought that was a logical assumption. 🤔

Old 09-13-2020, 09:44 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
I thought that was a logical assumption. 🤔
You have to spell it out for some people.

Old 09-13-2020, 03:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastry_chef View Post
Thanks Calvin,

Do you know peak HP RPM and compression ratio?
Compression was around 12 to 1.

Made 603HP at 6500 RPM.

Was a combination of parts tossed together. Needed more carb.

Thanks.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 09-13-2020, 04:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65nss4spdGTO View Post
Compression was around 12 to 1.

Made 603HP at 6500 RPM.

Was a combination of parts tossed together. Needed more carb.

Thanks.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420
What carb did you run?

Old 09-13-2020, 05:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
What carb did you run?
The best pulls on the dyno was with a 4150 HP950. This was after we tested a dual warrior with Edelbrock Carbs. The Northwind made around 50 more HP. When I dragged the car in Middle TN, only fuel I could get was lower octane oxygenated fuel, couldn’t get it fat enough.

The best the car ran was with the Edelbrock carbs on a Bathtub intake at Byron. We never dyno the engine with the bathtub.

As many know, I’m a huge fan on the KRE HP head. IMO, it’s the best bang for the buck for a Pontiac.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 65nss4spdGTO For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2020, 01:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
D-douche I ran 10.8 na and 9.8 on spray with pump gas Super Duty heads back around 1998 weighing 3960 through the mufflers using 3.89 gears (and the block doesn't have a hole in it)..... Way above sea level. Really the performance of your car is about as impressive as your posts made on this Website... There is a "reason" you post pictures of trophies rather than time slips

We do a handful of Hi-port builds along with Tigers, Ram Air V's and Wenzlers.... Right now we just did a Hi-port build that has the potential to be as fast as our World record setting Buicks heads, in other words they are pretty wicked!.. I'll post the time slip to help you understand better

And here is an impressive pair iron heads j u s t f o r y o u

https://youtu.be/0f7edXFN2XY

When your chit runs close to this you will understand a lot more of what is said on this site. Until then try to pay attention and learn.... You know like when you watch the Millwright at work and dream "someday"!
Why they let you get away with this I do not know. No hole in my block. Tell you what, I know Stuart is watching all this. Maybe I can take a vid of me starting the engine up with a current San Francisco Chronicle on the fan shroud. Engine has been in the car since 2008, and it looks like it. No V pump, no E vac, just breathers, dirty you know ? Then send it to Stuart so he can delete every one of your posts where you write about me putting a hole in my block.
Go ahead, set it up. Or I will, sick of your lies.
Why are you putting up a vid of a SD car so full of juice the driver should be arrested ? Watch the vid folks, about 20' that car,takes off like a bullet when he hits the button, its obvious. The sound of the engine COMPLETELY changes. That is not your superior skill making that sound. Its his local welding supply selling him enough N2O to kill a horse.
Like I said, you are all about spray. I have yet to see a extremely impressive Pontiac Paul K ride that is not on steroids.
SS Super Duty cars were in the 10s in the 80s. Now I believe they are in the 9s with unported heads.
Looks like it takes you Nitrous to get in the 9s.

Old 09-14-2020, 04:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Use your Millwright math and figure out what a .421 lobe with a 1.8 rocker offers for net lift.

A 265 degree @ .050 lobe has already made good power to 8400 rpm in a stock block using factory iron heads.... Please stop posting your made up BS. You have no clue what you are talking about. Just third and fourth hand information folks feed you to get you off the phone.

BTW.... Who cares about how much valve lift you like on an engine you've been building for more than two decades and has yet to run? Or oil pressure for that matter.
Why are you talking about 1.8 rockers ? I don't have them for my High Ports and Blank has 1.6 rockers. Are you drunk ?
So what is this iron head, stock block beast with a 265 cam that makes power to 8400 RPM ?(over reving it) a 303 with 50lb crank and aluminum rods ?
Don't tell me its a 455 or a stroker. If it is, just keep pulling it to 8400RPm and wait for the funny sound. Just a matter of time.
"Who care about how much lift you like on a engine". Engines are different man.
Why don't you help Blank out ? He is getting ready to run 41 deg under load ! With efficient High Port chambers. Recipe for a engine left on the track.
Don't do it Blank, just don;t.
Paul, you are more interested in making money here than helping members out, thats a fact.
Save the vids and time slips of blown, boosted or sprayed cars. I could care less.
NA is the truth, you know, where all your intake tract flaws are magnified.
Your cure is boost, N2O, everyone knows it.

Old 09-14-2020, 08:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Why they let you get away with this I do not know. No hole in my block. Tell you what, I know Stuart is watching all this. Maybe I can take a vid of me starting the engine up with a current San Francisco Chronicle on the fan shroud. Engine has been in the car since 2008, and it looks like it. No V pump, no E vac, just breathers, dirty you know ? Then send it to Stuart so he can delete every one of your posts where you write about me putting a hole in my block.
Go ahead, set it up. Or I will, sick of your lies.
Why are you putting up a vid of a SD car so full of juice the driver should be arrested ? Watch the vid folks, about 20' that car,takes off like a bullet when he hits the button, its obvious. The sound of the engine COMPLETELY changes. That is not your superior skill making that sound. Its his local welding supply selling him enough N2O to kill a horse.
Like I said, you are all about spray. I have yet to see a extremely impressive Pontiac Paul K ride that is not on steroids.
SS Super Duty cars were in the 10s in the 80s. Now I believe they are in the 9s with unported heads.
Looks like it takes you Nitrous to get in the 9s.
So it's ok for you to lie about other people blowing up (you've stated many times that you believe i have) but when the tables are turned you whine and cry foul? You can dish it but you can't take it!

Closed Thread