THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-02-2020, 05:36 PM

The legal word is "Diminished Value" when your car takes a hit through no fault of your own and now has a Carfax against it. It is a law in some States now and needs to be in all States.

Because of this I started leasing cars for my wife instead of buying and suggest you all do the same, that way the leasing company takes the hit! Dave

Old 10-07-2020, 12:23 PM

Default Wreck check

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtohunter View Post
I got rear ended while at a traffic light on 9/11 by a woman, and she was hit by some 16yr old who took off ! Good news (I thought) was that the woman got his plate, they tracked him down, and it all wound up in a hearing today before a judge.
At the accident scene, she was cuffed and hauled away as she had no license, no insurance, and outstanding warrants for ??. The young kid ran "cause he was scared", and it was his 2nd run in with the law that week!
Anyway, back at the hearing today, the judge told everyone "it's a good thing everyone came" as without us, the "charges" would have been dropped.
Woman gets slap on wrist, all charges dropped once she gets her license and shows it to the arresting officer!
The little weenie kid got a slap on the wrist, and fines totalling $375!
I had my car fixed at around $1K through my company, who in turn will go after the kids insurance.
The worst part is, I have a 12,000 mile car that immediately dropped in value $3K once the accident was filed!! So, I'm totally sitting there minding my own business, and get the short end!!
I need to carry "underinsured" to cover the duds who buy the cut rate cheepo insurance, and their policies wouldn't cover damages! I need to carry "uninsured" insurance to cover the duds who don't have insurance! (ref: woman above)

The judge asked if anyone had anything to add, and I told him about my devalued vehicle issue knowing he couldn't do anything about, and he said "yeah, that happens"!
What a schmuck!

Why do we follow the law, anyway??

Rant over !
Find a Body Shop that uses Wreck Check..They specialize in dismissed value.

Old 10-07-2020, 02:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilabner View Post
Find a Body Shop that uses Wreck Check..They specialize in dismissed value.
Car is fixed. I've filed a DV claim with their insurance co, and am awaiting a response.

We'll see...

68 GTO
Old 10-07-2020, 03:36 PM
Suspended

I would split the moneys owed with "the Friend of the people". They would collect it, they always collect..