Old 08-10-2021, 09:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Trunk Release button:

My car has the option trunk release however Im missing the switch that goes in the glove box. Everything else is there including the hole were the button or switch once was.
If any one has one I'd sure appreciate hearing from you. Thanks, Brian

Old 08-11-2021, 08:39 AM

Default Power Trunk Switch

What year? I believe 1969 uses a black switch. 1970 uses a green switch. Later models used a yellow switch. I probably all three versions available for sale.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I need one for my 69 car so black plunger type I believe?

Old 08-12-2021, 04:07 PM

Default 1969 Power Trunk Switch

Brewster,

I went thru my spare power trunk switches. Have plenty of yellow, a few green (rare) and just one black button which I believe is for 1969. I am not sure if the round chrome nut is correct for 1969. The original nut may have had a hex outside but this will work. Here's a few photos. If interested send me an email at rscotell@gmail.com. Asking $25.00 plus shipping.

Thanks, Rocco
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1969 Switch 1.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	571271   Click image for larger version

Name:	Switch 2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	571272   Click image for larger version

Name:	Switch 3.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	571273  

Old 08-12-2021, 05:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The black bubble type is def correct for a '69 Pontiac A, B, F body.
Believe this same style was used in '67 & 68 Pontiacs as well. Have pulled many more pwr trunk releases out of '69's than '68's... '69 GP's in the front of the console use the same black bubble style button but in conjunction with a black cup shaped "protector ring". This "protector" was designed to keep some errant items from sliding into the console mounted trunk release button & accidentally popping the trunk open.

The small flush dk turquoise/ green button were used for several years beginning with the earliest '70 model Pontiacs. The exact same shape small flush mount style trunk releases were used by different GM divisions but with red or black inserts.

Next came the same size yellow center buttons which were used on millions of GM's up through at least 1980, if not 1981.

Old 08-13-2021, 07:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, I think my car would have had the plunger protector due to date but this will definitely work perfectly. PM sent and appreciate all the help and info. Love this car and its really cool finding these lost pieces to get her back in shape. Thanks again guys, Brew