67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 11-27-2022, 04:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would get a '68 400 and put repro ra manifolds, melling spc3 cam, and repro ra pans on it and go have fun. Getting functionally identical parts with different part numbers on them is kind of a waste of money and effort imo as there was nothing special about the heads or block on the ra1's compared to a regular '68 d port 400. I also wouldn't pay more for a car with them if they're not numbers matching as there's nothing different about them. The ra2 is a different ball of wax...nos matching also different. But if they're all replacement parts, I don't see much point to it.

Old 12-10-2022, 02:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Diego , Congrats to your friend .

In terms of survival rates and known whereabouts , the 68 RA1 cars are of about the same scarcity as the RA2 cars. Very few and very far between .

Its not a blank check type vehicle but its extremely worthy of whatever they can afford to spend.
The R.O.I. is there.
Correct heads and intake , with long manifolds and induction , should be a minimum requirement for anyone putting this one back together.

The rear axle assy. would probably be the hardest part to source , and it claims to still be intact.
Verdoro still isn't as popular today as it was in 1968 , but it keeps regaining more and more fan base.

I actually don't think I know anyone with a documented RA1 Bird Vert

Old 07-04-2023, 02:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

bringing this back from the dead as Ive missed many years of posts in my absence.
I have a 68 Muncie M-21 that has the steel part number tag for a 68 GTO RA.
This was an NOS over counter trans that I used briefly in my 68 400 non RA car.
No VIN stamped.
I have both tail housings. Send a PM if interested.

Old 07-04-2023, 11:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've had trouble getting together with my friend, and then I broke my ankle and then COVID. Currently headed overseas so I hope to catch up with him later in the month or August, and I'll show him this thread again. Thanks for the nudge.

He did tell me he scored some RAII heads. I was surprised but if true it was a good score.