Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 08-05-2021, 01:54 PM
Senior Chief

Default Cashiers check

I purchased a car back in 2004 and at the time I banked with a very large national bank with branches everywhere. I went to a local branch and had the seller with me as I had the bank prepare the cashier's check. Getting the check prepared in front of him gave him confidence everything was legit!! I really don't like transporting significant amounts of cash. You never know what may happen!

Old 05-22-2024, 09:53 AM

Hey, I also want to buy a car and I need professional help. Could anyone recommend a reliable company?

Old 05-22-2024, 09:54 AM

Buying a car cross-country can definitely be tricky, but it’s doable with the right steps. I recently bought a Mini Cooper from a seller in another state, and like you, I was really worried about how to get the car shipped safely.

Old 05-22-2024, 10:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim john View Post
I have purchased vehicles out of state, flew in, inspected, shook hands on the deal and then right there called my Credit Union and had the money wire transferred on the spot. No cash needed. Drove the vehicle home.

Tim john---
This is what I'd do. Go to your bank and get the transfer setup/ready. Then when you see the car and you're ready, call the bank and do the transfer.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share
Old 05-22-2024, 12:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

That's what I did the last couple times altho I regret not shipping her but that's another story.

The seller made me wait for the bank draft to "clear" between our two banks which was annoying so budget for ample time.

I would also suggest going during banker's hours.

I got burnt by having to pay sales tax in two countries because I bot her on the weekend.

'74 T/A 455 Y-code SD clone

previously on Dawson's Creek:

'74 T/A 400
'81 AMC SX/4
'69 FB 350
Old 05-22-2024, 12:25 PM

I recently bought a Audi from a seller in another state, and was really worried about the shipping.

A friend recommended the guys at A1Autotransport , and that saved me a lot of hassle. They handled all the logistics and kept me updated throughout the process. It was a huge relief, especially since I couldn’t handle the shipping myself with my busy schedule. They might be worth looking into for your GTO purchase!

Old 05-22-2024, 02:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid View Post
I bought my LeMans sight unseen, overnighted a $20k certified check and had my car carrier company pick it up (shipped from Rhode Island to my home in Nevada). I’ve also bought at least three other vehicles on eBay and similar sources without issue. I’m probably too trusting but I’ve had only good luck without any major disappointments or issues.

I guess I got used to taking the plunge of sending off large payments to complete strangers, occasionally even in foreign countries, with some of the higher end musical gear that I bought over the years. It’s just how it usually works. Most people are very honest and great to deal with and will work with you to resolve any concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy you’ve pulled this off but I’ve got a cousin who’s a crack head yet very smart, he’d rob you blind!
The system gave him slaps on the wrist for years and years probably took in millions in that time .

I had a guy last week on a jeep I was supposed to buy tell me the shipper was there and I could pay him that day Friday but the shipper (his friend through AAA ( unregistered vehicle BTW) needed to store the jeep over the weekend at his shop but he’d deliver it next week on Tuesday , I was 10 min from
His house. Said no thanks I’ll head home.
So he says we’ll schedule it for Tuesday pick up then pay me then , I said OK.

Tuesday came , he called and said he decided to keep the jeep and has my deposit now I’ve gotta chase this clown down . Lucky I have some people in his area.

Couple things I’ve learned throug. The years in the. North east
Not always true but mostly

1. Never buy anything in the 5 boroughs of NY ! Brooklyn is crook land. lol
2. New Jersey stuff is usually cool as hell but beat to sh$t
3. Massholes got that nick name for a reason !
4. Long Island is gonna be a nightmare to ship or deal with , in So many different ways

Most guys (even from these locations) will usually agree w these .

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!

Last edited by turbo69bird; 05-22-2024 at 02:48 PM.