Old 09-10-2024, 11:34 PM

Default Want to buy '68-72 GM A-body frame for convertible

If anyone has a lead on a frame for a convertible, I'd REALLY appreciate it. Mine is rusted/rotted like swiss cheese. It spent too many years in the northeast and the midwest.
I'm new to the forum, so if I've missed something or posted this in the wrong place I appreciate guidance from the people that know their way around.
Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image000000.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	639823  

Old 09-11-2024, 06:55 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If you could use a 1966, there is a nice rolling chassis on Kalamazoo Craigslist.

Old 09-11-2024, 09:26 AM

[QUOTE=Mr Twister;6525890]If you could use a 1966, there is a nice rolling chassis on Kalamazoo Craigslist.[/Q

Earlier frames were narrower and longer.

Old 09-11-2024, 10:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpotter45 View Post
If anyone has a lead on a frame for a convertible, I'd REALLY appreciate it. Mine is rusted/rotted like swiss cheese. It spent too many years in the northeast and the midwest....
Welcome to PY Forum, are you anywhere near the middle of the country?

Will throw this out, '68 & 69 A-body frames, the rear side rails are stamped (shaped) differently than those of 70-72's. Mention that as it can be something of concern, if getting close to a serious restoration. Have sold numerous super clean A-body convertible frames over the years. Quite a few have dropped off while picking up other Pontiacs/parts. Mainly up & down the middle of the country. Houston, Minneapolis, Springfield, IL, as well as up to Norwalk.

Last edited by 'ol Pinion head; 09-11-2024 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-11-2024, 11:17 PM

Default Convertible frame is fully boxed, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head View Post
Welcome to PY Forum, are you anywhere near the middle of the country?

Will throw this out, '68 & 69 A-body frames, the rear side rails are stamped (shaped) differently than those of 70-72's. Mention that as it can be something of concern, if getting close to a serious restoration. Have sold numerous super clean A-body convertible frames over the years. Quite a few have dropped off while picking up other Pontiacs/parts. Mainly up & down the middle of the country. Houston, Minneapolis, Springfield, IL, as well as up to Norwalk.
Is there a difference in only the coupe or the convertible frame too? I need a convertible frame.

Old 09-11-2024, 11:19 PM

Default Can’t use the earlier frames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twister View Post
If you could use a 1966, there is a nice rolling chassis on Kalamazoo Craigslist.
The car I have is a ‘68, can’t use the earlier frames. Thanks for trying to help though. Super appreciate it.