Old 11-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Senior Chief

Oh, and by the way Brew, I did drive my "trailer queen" Sunday! I put Stabil in the tank, filled her up with gas and aired up the tires as I put her down for the winter. I put about 12 miles on her and it was...nice!

1970 RAIV GTO 4-speed
1974 Original owner Z-28 4-speed
2008 SRT10 Viper Very Orange (was SD TA!)
2015 Challenger Hellcat 6spd (was SD TA!)
Old 11-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very cool, Brew! Congratulations!

Old 11-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As we do with most photo's, I think it needs to be picked a little. I noticed that one sock is higher than the other, and it's not a clear picture, but I think the left shoelace is a repo. Congratulations, ting ting.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hmmmmm, I see Woodards car in the back ground and I have my 2005 Gathering of the Birds Shirt on but dont recall where it was taken. Thinking Norwalk ?
Notice this car is my automatic car that has NOT been restored so not sure why its on this article?
Nice socks huh there Greg, one leg was broken really bad thus doesnt hold up a sock like the original. Can you tell the restored leg?

12 miles WOW DICK, thats impressive! I'll be playing with mine next week and placing her into hibernation after a complete rub down. Might even run her a mile or two in order to blow out the exhaust system. Who knows maybe I'll get lost and have to drive it further?????
Enjoy and I'll have to go out and buy that mag,
Brewster

Old 11-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Brew:

I agree with you that the picture is from Norwalk. I remember that we parked back to back with the tent in between the cars. That is where you won Editors Choice award and got to stroll down the drag strip.

Nice socks BTW!

2012 SRT8 Charger - 12.70 @ 111mph
Old 11-07-2009, 01:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to takid455

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwinkles View Post
Oh, and by the way Brew, I did drive my "trailer queen" Sunday! I put Stabil in the tank, filled her up with gas and aired up the tires as I put her down for the winter. I put about 12 miles on her and it was...nice!
12 MI. WTF. barely warmed the engine up. shesh!!!! I think I walked further than that when I was at the Hershey Flea market last month.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Senior Chief

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by takid455 View Post
12 MI. WTF. barely warmed the engine up. shesh!!!! I think I walked further than that when I was at the Hershey Flea market last month.
takid - Ya know, I tried to think of a really good come back to you but I couldn't! Keep in mind I did call the car a trailer queen (you can look up the definition) and I have put about 100 miles on it all told since I finished it a couple of years ago. The remark was intended for some others here (mainly with those ugly green cars) to whom 12 miles would be like driving to the moon and back!

Kudos to you for driving your car...and walking 12 miles at a flea market.

Speaking of trailer queens, hey Brew, did you find that magazine?

1970 RAIV GTO 4-speed
Old 11-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to takid455
Talking

Dick
just busting balls. I can't say for sure what I would do if I had a trailer queen as I haven't owned one. One day, maybe. I agree with you regarding those green cars.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey, Hey, Hey, lets stop picking on the green cars already!
Everyone cant (or want to)own an arrest me red cruiser. Heck, If I was driving a red car that cop would have thrown me and EV in jail for dragging in his town. Sh!ti

I have not seen the mag yet but hope to latter this week when I head south for biz.

Also going to work on my TQ car Wednesday at the Evboco and look forward in driving it a couple miles. Twelve seems a little much down in the flat lands with all those dum-@sses running around. It would be just my luck as to have some van full of out of towners crash into my green car.

Time for Hibernation,
Brew

Old 11-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Urban Legend?

Has anyone ever seen an actual factory installation of the "K" cam (RAIV grind) in a SD Bird? I've been reading through old magazine articles and saw that some authors mentioning 12 or so early production cars slipping out with the "K" cam. I've personally never seen one and didn't delivery of the SD's start in late May, well after the mid-year emmissions compliance fiasco? I'm sure this is all myth, but????

Dennis

Old 11-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD455DJ View Post
Has anyone ever seen an actual factory installation of the "K" cam (RAIV grind) in a SD Bird? I've been reading through old magazine articles and saw that some authors mentioning 12 or so early production cars slipping out with the "K" cam. I've personally never seen one and didn't delivery of the SD's start in late May, well after the mid-year emmissions compliance fiasco? I'm sure this is all myth, but????

Dennis
Dennis,

I asked this question of John Sawruk (RIP) a few years back. He checked with his sources and the answer was no, none were ever sold to the public with the "K" cam. I may even have that email someplace...

I can also remember reading somewhere that none of the '73's ever got out with the "K" cam but I don't think I could put my hands on it. Anyone else have any info?

1970 RAIV GTO 4-speed
Old 11-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Hey, Hey, Hey, lets stop picking on the green cars already!
Everyone cant (or want to)own an arrest me red cruiser. Heck, If I was driving a red car that cop would have thrown me and EV in jail for dragging in his town. Sh!ti

I have not seen the mag yet but hope to latter this week when I head south for biz.

Also going to work on my TQ car Wednesday at the Evboco and look forward in driving it a couple miles. Twelve seems a little much down in the flat lands with all those dum-@sses running around. It would be just my luck as to have some van full of out of towners crash into my green car.

Time for Hibernation,
Brew
I may need to pull out the "Red Dragon" on Wed.
over to EVboco for help with dental work on her,...I'll explain later,has something to do with a blue and white bird......

1968 442-gone but not forgotten
"Oh,you can think about it,.....but don't do it!"
Sheriff Bufford T.Justice
Old 11-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Will be packing my tool pouch in case a tooth needs pulling. Look forward in seeing you bros and Craig I have the WHITE COOLER!

I heard of rumors of some early cars that had the cam and paint different before the feds pulled the plug but I have never seen them. Rumors are rumors and non might have been sold to the public originally but what about gm executive cars floating around? its possible but doubtful.
Brew

Old 11-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

F & S, Bring the screaming LS5 by and will get those dentures back in.

Brew, I guess you will be the first to test the new lift out for detailing duty.

I agree with rwinkles, I thought the K cam car myth was debunked in a Pontiac rag a few years ago but I don't remember which one or what issue.

Doors open at EvBoCo for test, tune and detail about 3:30 this afternoon. Local Py'ers welcome to join.

Norwood, got any beer for that White Cooler??????

I'll see you boys there. Later on brothers.....

SDD

74 SD TA 4spd.
72 442 W-30 auto, post coupe Bamboo. 1 of 19 total.
90 300zx TT 5spd.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Dave, are you calling me out?

Old 11-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood View Post
Dave, are you calling me out?
Only if you wish to join us.
Brewster called you out with the White Cooler. He just never stated that there would actually be beer in the Cooler, but I think I got that covered if Bill and Paul did not clean out the beer fridge.

SDD / EvBo / Dave

74 SD TA 4spd.
72 442 W-30 auto, post coupe Bamboo. 1 of 19 total.
90 300zx TT 5spd.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dentures will remain out for now

........nothin to chomp with them now...

1968 442-gone but not forgotten
"Oh,you can think about it,.....but don't do it!"
Sheriff Bufford T.Justice
Old 11-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

there was a guy in the dayton trans am club Bob Blair.he was an old racer that had pontiac contacts who held nhra records for a 69 428 GP.anyway when i joined the club Bob and i kind of hit it off and talked alot about his car.when the SD came out he ordered it from the factory to replace his 69GP.it was a very early striped car that he was planning on racing.when he saw how few were built he kept it stock and bought a 74 SD for his son which is another story.back in the mid to late 80's muscle car review did a feature on his car with it on the cover(red trans am).i didn't see it,but he told me he once pulled the front cover off to check the cam and it was the bigger K cam.he had no reason to lie as no one cared back then,he just wondered what it had,as i remember he ran high 13's to low 14's with street tires.got to ride in it once and fell in love with the 455's.

not swearing this is right ,just swearing this is what i remember.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Sad Day in Texas!

Lloyd sold the SD car to a fellow PY member. Sorry to hear that his slow business forced him to sell the car before he really had a chance to enjoy it.

The buyers name is being withheld so that he can announce the purchase on his own time. I wonder who it could be..................

2012 SRT8 Charger - 12.70 @ 111mph
Old 11-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Duty D View Post
F & S, Bring the screaming LS5 by and will get those dentures back in.

Brew, I guess you will be the first to test the new lift out for detailing duty.

I agree with rwinkles, I thought the K cam car myth was debunked in a Pontiac rag a few years ago but I don't remember which one or what issue.

Doors open at EvBoCo for test, tune and detail about 3:30 this afternoon. Local Py'ers welcome to join.

Norwood, got any beer for that White Cooler??????

I'll see you boys there. Later on brothers.....

SDD
EvBoCo - You got a new lift??

Hey taKid - saw your car in Hemmings MuscleCar - cool!

Come on Birthday boy (SDB on Friday, we had cake today), who's the lucky new owner??

Sorry to hear you had to sell Lloyd, hope you get another one soon!

1970 RAIV GTO 4-speed