Old 05-28-2015, 08:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, as I recall, only that heavy tint at the top of the ws was tied to the A/C. I had a Trans Am without AC and it did not have that tint at the top of the glass.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The Option - Soft Ray Glass-ALL was usually on A/C equipped cars . I don't find anything saying mandatory, but it is usually present on A/C equipped cars.

The option was available for A/C equipped cars and non-A/C cars.

I have seen non A/C cars with soft ray glass- windshield only or soft ray- all or clear tempered glass.

Most all the A/C cars I have come across have had soft ray glass-all.

Your car looks real nice. Look forward to seeing it finished.

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:50 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well the deadline for finishing the car has passed, but the car is 90% finished, just trying to get a few loose ends with the interior done. Have to get over to Jeff's and pick up the grilles. Waiting on some comfort weave fabric to finish the front seats, and also waiting on Don (Ramair King) to send me an 8-track player. Glass man coming Monday to install the windshield, which has the correct markings and date code. Sure would have been cool to take it to the Power Tour in Madison yesterday but it is what it is. Took the blue '68 instead and got a LOT of comments and it was photographed all day by people... I have been promised the Judge will be finished in plenty of time for the Car Craft Nats, but at this point I am just not going to expect it.

1970 GTO Judge
RA-III, 4-SPD & A/C. Power Windows, Power Seat, Power Brakes, Steering, AM/FM, 8-Track, Formula Wheel, Rallye Gauges, Remote Mirror, Numbers Matching. Assembled at Pontiac, MI Plant 5/26/1970.

1968 GTO
461 CI, RA-III heads, Hotchkis springs, UMI suspension, Bilstein shocks, 12-bolt 3.73's.

1966 GTO Ragtop
4-Speed, AM/FM, Original driveline.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hoog View Post
Just caught this thread, very cool indeed! I would have gone Grenada Gold, but that's just me. White is still way cool as well, but the stock color gives it one mark in the choice column before I even see it. Much less that Grenada Gold is some what rare and I like in very much.

Keep up the fine work!!
Steve... From what I am reading in the Lobby, you probably will never see this response, but I want you to know how much it means to me that you took the time to send me a PM and wanted to make another friend in the hobby. You may not realize it but you have been able to kind of bitch-slap me across the face and snap me out of my "poor me" rut I have been in over my own health problems, which in reality are nothing in comparison to what you have dealt with. Every time I start to drift into that feeling sorry for myself for not being able to do things I used to do, I will think of you and our discussion and remind myself that being above ground and able to speak and interact with others is a huge blessing and that I need to keep my perspective straight. I can assure you my friend that there will be times I take that Judge for a ride, I will think of you and the things you said to me. Godspeed sir.

1970 GTO Judge
RA-III, 4-SPD & A/C. Power Windows, Power Seat, Power Brakes, Steering, AM/FM, 8-Track, Formula Wheel, Rallye Gauges, Remote Mirror, Numbers Matching. Assembled at Pontiac, MI Plant 5/26/1970.

1968 GTO
461 CI, RA-III heads, Hotchkis springs, UMI suspension, Bilstein shocks, 12-bolt 3.73's.

1966 GTO Ragtop
Old 06-09-2015, 10:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well said.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 06-15-2015, 06:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well... Here she is with the original rims and the Firestones mounted... Sure wish Steve could see it... Only a few more interior things to wrap up, lower valance, exhaust tips, then final buff and stripes and she's ready for Prime Time. Personally I think it looks freeking amazing, but I might be a little biased... Those are not the final center caps, those are just to have something on the wheels...

1970 GTO Judge

1968 GTO

1966 GTO Ragtop
Old 06-15-2015, 07:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You are not biased that car is awesome! Congrats it looks great! It is giving me a flashback of my white 70 I had 20 yrs ago-which was never that nice but a lot of fun!

Old 06-15-2015, 08:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's sweet!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 06-16-2015, 07:57 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCMDGTO View Post
You are not biased that car is awesome! Congrats it looks great! It is giving me a flashback of my white 70 I had 20 yrs ago-which was never that nice but a lot of fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
That's sweet!

Thanks much. I keep forgetting I need to get over to Jeff's for the grilles! Don sent me an 8-track that will complete the interior. Should be here any day now....

1970 GTO Judge

1968 GTO

1966 GTO Ragtop
Old 06-16-2015, 08:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

So as the completion date arrives. How long did they say originally and reality? End results is all the matters and it's nicely done!

Old 06-16-2015, 02:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Old 06-16-2015, 02:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is my favorite chart..

Old 06-17-2015, 05:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
So as the completion date arrives. How long did they say originally and reality? End results is all the matters and it's nicely done!
Well... hard to answer that, because to be fair, I have changed what I originally wanted to do. I'm sure Andrew saw $$$ and knew full well it would turn out to be much more. if you go back to the start of this thread- "no turning back now" I think we all knew once that body came off, the bill and timeframe were going to rise substantially. I think they have been great and the end result is certainly worth it. I keep saying it, but you should see it in person, it looks like a brand new Judge and the paint and bodywork are about as good as it gets. I also have been saying I am up-side down as far as what I have spent between the car and resto but that may not be true either... This is a beautiful car and it being a RA-III is probably the biggest negative if there is one... No regrets at this point...

1970 GTO Judge

1968 GTO

1966 GTO Ragtop
Old 06-24-2015, 08:01 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Update for today.... Most of the interior is in, the original back seat cleaned up beautifully and looks great. Jeff (Uncle Judge) dropped off the grilles and some other things we needed yesterday, (THANKS JEFF!) finally got all the parts for the exhaust and the NOS tips went on, we are down to just a few loose ends. Hoping the 8-track from Don shows up soon, and we can wrap this thing up!

1970 GTO Judge

1968 GTO

1966 GTO Ragtop
Old 06-25-2015, 08:09 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Cool

Inching ever closer, she's been road-tested for the first time! Who neads Viagara? The sight of this car emerging from the shop door gave me a woody.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=aKVeFODV2Kk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aKVeFODV2Kk

The front seats are not quite finished, And the grilles are not in yet, which is why the valance is not on, but she made her first contact with the street since December 2013.
I cannot thank Jeff (Uncle Judge) enough for his assistance with getting some loose ends tied up and giving Andrew some advice on factory correctness of the car. He's brought us parts on his time and he's just a great "Goat Brother". We had hoped to wrap this up by Saturday, but the front seats will not be done until Monday. So it looks like the last things to do will be getting the front seats in, the 8-track mounted up tomthe console, install the door and trunk locks, and of course the final buff and stripes/decals applied. I'm thinking back to when I first contacted Jon Markese about this car, and once the deal was completed, how I promised him it was going to a good home. I kept my promise, don't ya think?
I would liked to have been the first one to drive it out of the shop but just like when a car is new from the factory, somebody else always gets the first drive.

Looking forward to pix and vid of a completed car to share VERY soon.

1970 GTO Judge

1968 GTO

1966 GTO Ragtop
Old 06-25-2015, 08:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looking great - love the black wing!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 06-25-2015, 01:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Looking great - love the black wing!
Thank you sir.
I just have to say, this community is great. There's parts on this car from several of you guys and I REALLY appreciate everyone's help in getting this thing restored. Don King sent me the 8-track and it arrived today and it's in better shape than it looked in his photos. Jeff's been like a personal parts delivery service, going so far as to let Andrew borrow a NOS Judge grille so the paint can be matched correctly, and I have probably pestered poor Jon to where he winces if he sees my number in his phone... Tremendous resources here in terms of knowledge as well as guys that have saved rare parts over the years just so someone like me can finish his car. You guys rock and I can't say it enough how much I appreciate all the help, as well as the kind comments.

1970 GTO Judge

1968 GTO

1966 GTO Ragtop
Old 06-27-2015, 05:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Happy to help Greg. Thanks for your appreciation. Andrew is doing a fantastic job. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. You will have to drive that beauty out to my annual fall colors car party on October 3rd!

Old 06-29-2015, 08:03 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Judge View Post
Happy to help Greg. Thanks for your appreciation. Andrew is doing a fantastic job. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. You will have to drive that beauty out to my annual fall colors car party on October 3rd!
Would love to attend! Thanks for the invite.
This should be a big week for Judge as she approaches completion. The grilles and valance should be done this week along with the rest of the interior and the stripes should go on today if they haven't already. If the front seats were in the car on Saturday I would have driven off with it!

1970 GTO Judge

1968 GTO

1966 GTO Ragtop
Old 07-03-2015, 03:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Cool

Stripes turned out very nice. Just waiting on the front seats and a few minor trim parts and she's done!

1970 GTO Judge

1968 GTO

1966 GTO Ragtop