Old 07-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
COOL! PY Barbecue at BJ's house!

I just ordered my catalog (includes 2 tickets to auction & cocktail party), heading down Friday to DC to meet up with a buddy of mine & we'll be there for Saturday.
Chris - that's awesome! Looking forward to meeting you. I ordered a catalog today also. You'll be glad you made the trip - It is worth the trip just to see Milt's estate. His car collection ain't too shabby either. We'll communicate between now and then but let's plan to meet for dinner or a beer while you are here.

BJ

Old 09-14-2010, 12:04 AM

FYI, I recently had the pleasure of meeting the new owners of the 71 Judge convertible that was purchased at the spring Mecum auction. This is the tripple white car that is also the first car on the Judge registery list,and the car the die cast was made from. Anyway really nice people with a few other GTO's including a couple more Judge convertibles (1970's). Their plans for the 71 are to bring it up to current restoration standards, and maybe bring it out a time or two. The one thing that would be nice is to try and complete the owner history. If anybody has info on the ownership history that is not on the registery we would love to here about it. Thanks Gary

The Following User Says Thank You to Goatwhisperer For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 08:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hope to see that car someday...

Old 09-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatwhisperer View Post
FYI, I recently had the pleasure of meeting the new owners of the 71 Judge convertible that was purchased at the spring Mecum auction. This is the tripple white car that is also the first car on the Judge registery list,and the car the die cast was made from. Anyway really nice people with a few other GTO's including a couple more Judge convertibles (1970's). Their plans for the 71 are to bring it up to current restoration standards, and maybe bring it out a time or two. The one thing that would be nice is to try and complete the owner history. If anybody has info on the ownership history that is not on the registery we would love to here about it. Thanks Gary
there was an article awhile back that spoke of how the dealership employees laughed at the car when the owner took delivery saying that they would be embarrassed to drive it! What fools! I actually had the steering wheel center off the car when it was replaced with an NOS one years back. Looked new to me. I DO have the die cast. I heard that the car has the very rare "rear headphone jack" option...along with many,many more. Neatest Judge ragtop ever built in my book! Ron

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I agree Ron: Thats one is my favorite, way cool 71 Judge vert that just says over the top Cali in the 70's!! But, it is still second to that 69 Judge vert triple black RA IV vert 4-speed which will always be my number one Judge. Third would be gramps 71. But, thats just me.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Are you guys going to be doing the work on the car Gary? If so, glad to hear it is in good hands. What an awesome piece of history! Take care, Doug.

Old 09-14-2010, 06:24 PM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

Ok, help.

How could car 14 be at the POCI registered under Tom Stutzman; when in fact it is owned by Ron Johnson and at home in his garage?

Did POCI mis represent Tom's car as Canyon Copper or did Tom paint it the wrong color?

14. Canyon Copper, sienna, sandalwood, Auto VIN # 242671P110916 Pontiac Invoice
Current owner Ron Johnson of Potomac Classic bought this car in pieces and is now having it restored. PA. Ron has no intentions of selling the car at this time.

17. Castillian Bronze, Sienna, Sandlewood, Auto VIN # 242671P110366 Pontiac invoice
Possibly in GA. Could be a current pic: 1
Pictures

The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Hoog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Steve:
That sure looks like the same car I took a picture of sitting in front of a shop here in Georgia and is what I believe to be Tom's car, # 17 on the list. I think POCI just got the color wrong.

BJ

Old 09-14-2010, 07:01 PM
formerly Steved400

I figure someone at POCI just messed up; but then after looking at the old pics and the color chips I'm starting to wonder if someone painted the car Canyon instead of the factory color. Not that it would be illegal; but it would be out of character for the way these 17 are treated.

Here is the older pic of 17 with the wrong interior color; I know this is not in the sun and that makes a difference, but they sure look like two different colors to me.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The above photo does not look like either color to me. I judged the engine compartment on Stutzman's car at POCI and remember it being Castillion Bronze. Just spoke with the exterior judge as well and he confirmed Castillion Bronze. Found pictures of the PHS docs that I had taken and the VIN agrees with Steve's above information and colors are Castillion/Sandalwood and Sienna. I would say that the only error is in the POCI publication.

Noteworthy that the lighting in the convention center arena was absolutely terrible. My photos are extremely dark. If the photographer used a longer exposure to get more light, might have washed the colors a little?

Last edited by 2manyponchos; 09-14-2010 at 08:05 PM. Reason: More info...
Old 09-14-2010, 08:02 PM
formerly Steved400

There is no telling what the color is on the above picture; being that it was taken around 1979 +/- a couple of years via the tires, might have been the factory paint or a hand mixed close copy by the paint store. More than likely the later.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default My pic...

from Charleston resized...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0080_r2.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	218576  

Old 09-14-2010, 08:27 PM
formerly Steved400

On your above picture the rear half looks just like the 79 photo, lighting is the definite issue and POCI just made a minor mistake.

Thanks for the help!

Old 09-14-2010, 10:34 PM
Senior Chief

Gents,

Here's the article that Ron was referring to. It's from the October '98 HPP. Has anyone seen the "Rear Headphone Jack" option up close and personal??

Old 09-14-2010, 11:36 PM

Would love to get a copy of that HP Pontiac article for The new owners if anybody has an extra copy.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:38 AM

Of the rear seat headphone jack, I've seen a picture of it just can't remember where it is. I'll look for it. I have the HPP issue and it seems to me that there was another article on the car somewhere around that time. The rear heaphone jack looked like dealer / aftermarket to me. I don't remember that it was a factory option.

Speaking of the triple white car, I have a printed chat dialog with the AOL user who was a buyer of the car on eBay in 2000 (1999?). From what I remember, Dr Green was the seller at the time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71judge-hppcover.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	218602  

Old 09-15-2010, 08:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Would love to get a copy of that HP Pontiac article for The new owners if anybody has an extra copy.
Gary, possible that you could contact Tom Demauro or HPP for a back issue. Most magazines have that capability I think. -Doug

Old 09-15-2010, 09:00 AM
formerly Steved400

A guy called me from Texas I think saying that he had bought two of the seventeen; didn't get his name and don't remember for sure which cars they were. Then I had another call me talking about buying one of the 17, no name either. Both said they would email details to post; but I never got anything from either.

I "think" one of the three cars in this story was this white one; the Brown car was another.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:41 AM
formerly Steved400

Please take a look at the current stuff on the page and update any of the new owners for me if anyone has any information.

Sincerely, Steve

http://www.428gto.com/71judge.htm

Old 09-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyponchos View Post
from Charleston resized...
The storage room where Tom keeps the car has florescent lights that tend to make the paint look darker as seen in the pictures. I was there when it was being detailed to go to POCI. The overhead doors were open and the natural light makes the paint look a lot lighter. The Green 68 Ram Air GTO in the background is Tom's also.

The Following User Says Thank You to GETRIDAONE For This Useful Post: