Old 05-20-2008, 12:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

BW, when you bought the Jvert in the mid 80's - how much did you pay ? 5k 8k 10k ?

Was it listed in Hemmings ?

Did you/they have the buildsheet before you bought it ? Or did you find that yourself after buying it ?

Old 05-20-2008, 12:47 AM

mwritter, you are correct too. It was a couple who bought the car. She played a major role in the decision to buy this car. Also, there is an OO 4spd. That makes 6 if the other green car exists. I called the reported owner in CT about this car some years ago but he wouldn't comfirm or deny that it exists. Does anyone know more about this car?

Old 05-20-2008, 01:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wanted to squeeze this in here too.

When BW bought the Jvert it was a running driving machine (with incorrect engine).
I hope we haven't made it sound like it was a project car sitting in a field near a Military base. lol

It wasn't a pristine time capsule, but it was a damn nice Car. Had been color changed to TripBlk and I think it had 15" II's. I liked the color it was wearing and wanted that rascal bad. I had a carb to oilpan 70 WW in the basement at that time.

I wouldn't sell him the engine, and he wouldn't sell me the Car.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin
I wouldn't sell him the engine, and he wouldn't sell me the Car.
I bet we've all had a couple deals like that - I know I have.

Beautiful car!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 05-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have posted this before, but this is a picture of the car when I owned it.

I found the car when it was listed in Hemmings as a 70 Judge convertible with a NOM but did not say what engine it came with. The owner at that time was told it was an original Ram Air IV car, but he was unsure of it when placing the ad. After the ad was placed, he found the build sheet on top of the gas tank. Some of it was unreadable, but the engine code of WW was easily read.

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Senior Chief

Default 70 ra iv j vert

THERE WAS ALSO A 70 RAIV JUDGE CONV 4 SPEED ORBIT ORANGE CAR SOLD NEW AT WILLIS MOTORS IN NORTH CANTON OH, I HAVE THE PHS AND THE PROTECTO PLATE FOR IT. THE ORIGINAL MOTOR FOR IT IS STILL OWNED LOCALLY BUT IS LONG GONE FROM THE CAR. IF ANYONE ON THIS FORUM COLLECTS INVOICES FOR THESE CARS LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GET THEM A COPY OF IT. LAST I HEARD THE CAR WAS IN MICHIGAN BEING RESTORED. I ALSO HAVE SOME PICS OF IT.

69 RA V JUDGE
70 RA III 4- SPEED CONV. GTO
73 FIREBIRD
98 MUSTANG CONV
05 LEXUS SC430 CONV
08 LEXUS ES350
15 SILVERADO
Old 05-21-2008, 12:33 AM

Hi henley,
That is correct, the car is currently in line for resto in MI. I'm looking for a good vert to help with the resto. The car needs alot. I'd be interested in anything relating to the car. Obviously it would be great to reunite the block with the car. I have an SR that's dated correct but you can't beat original. It's good to know that at least it still exists. I'd like to visit with you about the car sometime.

Thanks

Phil 972-345-9604

Old 05-21-2008, 02:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bet Winner
If interested--

Anyway, I believe that although the engine was gone, it had the original transmission, rear end, shifter and hood tach. I had a standard bore WW block from a 1970 Trans Am that was cast about a month before the car's build date. I assume that the block was used when the car was restored. (I also had the PHS on the Trans Am because I used the serial number from the block to confirm that the block was real.) I really wanted that block, and I had to trade a set of over the counter NOS Ram Air IV heads for it at the time. I still hate that. I had the heads stored in tin containers with oil poured over them--every tiny machine mark stood out on those things.

Oh, Uncle Judge, I have since found out when repacking boxes that I actually did have both left and right NOS hood hinges--they were just buried deeper in that box...............................at least I kept something I had for the car...................................

Hi Michael, The motor in the car was a 455 with 13 heads. It stayed with the car. I gave the buyer a choice of that WW block or a beautiful correctly dated 1971 SR block. The SR block was the choice (and technically more correct) and that is what ended up in the car. After being transported around the country between a couple more owners and ultimately to a body shop here in WI, I am not sure which NOS parts they ended up putting on the car. I did supply quite a few additional parts for the car. To mention a few: all correctly dated engine components (water pump, alternator, fan, pulleys, etc.) Heads, intake/crossover/Shields, Correctly dated JT wheels, NOS weather stripping, window channel chrome and seals, complete tail lamp assemblies, TCS switch, valances, a complete NOS comfort weave seat cover set, etc. Even before the restoration, I think that this was one of the nicest original 4 speed cars left in existence. I feel very fortunate to have owned such a rare piece of Pontiac history. I was also very lucky to have dealt with a couple of great guys in both purchasing and ultimately parting this special car. Unfortunately, In the end, it was too big of a car for the average guy to restore, keep and enjoy. The car truly belongs in a museum collection and the current owner has just that. He will probably own the car longer than both of us together! From what I understand, this car will not leave his collection anytime soon. She is a beauty and they finally corrected the fender decals!

P.S. Those NOS hinges are the same from 68-72. They will look great on your gorgeous 69 if ever needed!

Old 05-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Judge
P.S. Those NOS hinges are the same from 68-72. They will look great on your gorgeous 69 if ever needed!
Thanks, I do plan to keep them in case I need them. I believe I actually purchased them before the 70 came along.

I believe you got the valances, TCS switch, rocker molding, tail light bezels, intake, intake shields with the car. It is hard to remember where it all came from I'll bet! The intake was incorrectly dated, but not viewable when installed so I did not go looking for another.

I'm glad you were able to find some good heads, seat material and all the other items. Buying all the parts for a full restoration with a NOM is a hugh undertaking when the parts are rare. I salute you!

Now, how can I find a correctly dated water pump for my 69? I believe that I replaced it in the early 80's.

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Suspended

At the Nats in Denver in '95, there was a black RAIV ragtop from, I believe, Nevada. No PHS, but the owner claimed it was a real RAIV car. Anyone know about this car?