Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 09-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRASuperStock455SD View Post
Stacy's very fast engine is fine and was on a very fast run when apparently the Lokar transmission dipstick tube popped out and oiled the tires sending the car into the wall at about the 1000 foot mark. I have never approved of this device and will send a letter to NHRA next week expressing my concerns as it is a very commonly used device in NHRA.

Stacy suffered a broken sacrum and a cracked Lumbar and was released from the Hospital on the same day. He is very sore and beat up but fine, thank you folks for the kind words.

Mike Pustelny from MPR race cars came by and said the car suffered minor structural injuries and will be fully repairable. We plan to prepare for the next season with the new 406 cubic inch RAV built by Tony Bischoff at BES Racing engines next year.
I thought a locking transmission dipstick and tube was a requirement?

Old 09-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to NHRASuperStock455SD

Thanks for asking David. Yes we ran the first run on the engine recording our best ever time of 9.67. Since my recent wedding we had not gotten a chance to test & tune. We improved to a 9.59@139.41 at 3700 feet DA. We have a miss preventing a good 60 foot which when fixed could prove quite significant. It misses coming off the 2 step and we thought it was fuel transition, but we are checking into button/MSD issues.

This 455SD with BES' help is performing much better than expected. We blew the tires off Thursday evening and buried it to 8000 RPM against the limiter, but still holding 80lbs of oil pressure at idle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	casey1.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	296152   Click image for larger version

Name:	casey2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	296153  

lmc3470@aol.com
www.ChemicalManagementIndiana.com
317-260-3486

Last edited by NHRASuperStock455SD; 09-01-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to NHRASuperStock455SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Taylor View Post
I thought a locking transmission dipstick and tube was a requirement?
Yes this is true and this unit does lock the dipstick in the tube. However it is designed with a hose in the tube with fittings on either end. The one end is just held in by gravity and orings and not bolted in like the factory solid dipstick tube.

lmc3470@aol.com
www.ChemicalManagementIndiana.com
317-260-3486
Old 09-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Boost Engineer

Lynn, Give my best to Stacy for a quick recovery.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRASuperStock455SD View Post
Yes this is true and this unit does lock the dipstick in the tube. However it is designed with a hose in the tube with fittings on either end. The one end is just held in by gravity and orings and not bolted in like the factory solid dipstick tube.
Mine is bolted inside the transmission. Were the additional hose and fittings due to an accessibility or fitment problem?