THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-16-2021, 11:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

How about the take-off on "American Graffiti"... "Hollywood Knights"? Twas Halloween night back in 1965. Robert Wuhl doing Voltari was a riot. Yes I have the DVD. Tony Danza, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Fran Dresher were a part of the cast.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 11-16-2021, 01:08 PM
Senior Chief

Been collecting car movies for a long time (even have some on Laser Disk but skip badly). Trouble is tapes both commercial and home are 4x3 and 480p (standard definition) at best. Betamax was superior but proprietary (Sony) where VHS was the equivalent of open source and became the standard. Think I still have some top loaders.

Consequently except for a few late S-VHS a SD tape (even a DVD burned from a VHS) looks strange on a 75" TV designed for 16x9. When you have both, the difference is remarkable.

So if there is a Gone in 60 Seconds with the original 1974 soundtrack on DVD please let me know the Manufacturer and the ID of the disk or a clear picture of the cover.

Old 11-16-2021, 02:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I always thought they could do a remake of Smokey and the bandit with Seth Rogan trying to take a truckload of special Colorado weed across the country. It could be done really easily.

The movie ‘need for speed’ parallels ‘Smokey and the bandit’ well. The girl passenger that is a stranger, the truck running block, even the stunts and driving were set up to mimic Smokey and the Bandit

Old 11-16-2021, 05:26 PM
Senior Chief

BTW it is easy to tell which version of Gone in 60 Seconds you have. If the opening scene in the Caddy, if all you hear is a strumming bass, that is the revised (Denise) version.

Old 11-16-2021, 06:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 242177P View Post
Eat My Dust (1976)

Yup that’s the one, if that right there in the pic doesn’t make you swipe a car nothings gonna!
😂

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 04-13-2022, 09:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Here ya go guys great movie

https://vimeo.com/262223302

This one’s actually got a bird in it and I’ve never seen it

Pretty decent looking girls too.

https://youtu.be/06PVkcgmzuU

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!