Old 01-17-2019, 12:13 AM
Senior Chief

I looked over the 71 HO car. Very pretty but had some "issues" you typically see with auction cars. Hood release was installed incorrectly and they "punched" a hole in grill for it. Aftermarket fuse spliced into wiring harness for A/C. Other non factory wires spliced into harness as well. Did have Judge emblem added to glove box. Striking color combo. A lot of people who bid on these cars are either not worried about correctness or don't care.

Old 01-17-2019, 12:18 AM
Senior Chief

If you read the auction rules they take no responsibility for any claims made by them or the seller. If they posted it and it turned out to be fake there could possibly be some liability on their part. They do have the paperwork on site in the office for you to inspect. Some sellers make copies available and place with car. However you really need to know what you are looking at.

Old 01-17-2019, 12:29 AM
Senior Chief

Something to consider when evaluating selling prices. There is some "wiggle room" on sellers commission. The auction house prefers the owners be present. I have heard they may negotiate a lower rate if owner lowers reserve right before car goes on stage. They are interested in selling as many cars as possible and better to take a smaller seller commission than a "bid goes on".

Another thing to be aware of as a buyer. Say you are high bidder on a no sale and car goes to bid goes on. A bid means you are willing to buy that car at your bid anytime during the auction. If the seller later decides to accept your bid before auction closes you are responsible for purchasing the car. This happened to someone I know. They went to pay for two cars they won and found out they also were responsible for a third car as the high bidder.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERULD View Post
That is a beautiful car with a nice looking restoration. Would love to know what the PHS showed for options. Anyone there see it? I am thrilled to have the same car in a different color combo, with AC, as a survivor car that I feel comfortable driving on a regular basis. Much more value in that IMHO.

BJ
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0119-35...1-pontiac-gto/

Wow. Pretty similar to this car...it couldn't be? Could it? That'd be a pretty fast resto timeline...says GM of Canada docs

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=814342

Last edited by starlightblack; 01-17-2019 at 10:45 AM.