THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-19-2023, 11:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom_vroom View Post
The classics always got put away in October. Is what it is when living where salt is.

This is more for the newer stuff. Paid a small fortune for my 3500 when I bought it and would like to keep it from rusting away especially……..And the wifes daily lol.

The fluid film seems like the way to go. Buy a sprayer this fall and get to it. I will miss the 300+ days of sunshine out here in the desert but it’s cheaper and a better quality of life for the family so we are on the move next year, Just another chapter in the adventure of life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Take the tail light out...and spray over the wheel wells from that access point...don’t forget to drop the spare tire and spray up there.

Pull any rocker plugs and let it fly in there.

Open doors and spray lower fenders

Stick nozzle into bottoms of all doors ...you know that water relief hole.

Open hood and get some fluid film in the inside of the fenders

Hood should be Alu

Spray complete suspension.....tranny and Blake lines...undercarriage....rad support ..

Old 03-20-2023, 12:04 AM

I would soak everything I have in Cosmoline , except for the stuff I may need to clean the cosmoline off ...lol

That Rp-342 works well, I like the amber stuff, you can cut it with some naftha or reducer. to make it easier to spray , but you can just buy the cans, it will dry and not stay tacky.

im oldschool but I'm also from the land of salt and brine sprayed on the roads from late november to april...

Peter

Old 03-20-2023, 12:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by besserspat View Post
I would soak everything I have in Cosmoline , except for the stuff I may need to clean the cosmoline off ...lol

That Rp-342 works well, I like the amber stuff, you can cut it with some naftha or reducer. to make it easier to spray , but you can just buy the cans, it will dry and not stay tacky.

im oldschool but I'm also from the land of salt and brine sprayed on the roads from late november to april...

Peter

That's what I use. If it'll keep AKs, Mosins and SKSs from rusting for decades in subpar storage, it'll more than keep my trucks from rotting.

I use the black stuff on older trucks that are already showing some age, and the amber colored stuff for newer trucks.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 03-20-2023, 09:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

BTW;Fluid Film does not dry.It pretty much stays slightly tacky.
Love the stuff for lubricating door hinges and sun roofs.
Hood and truck mechanisms.

No longer live in upstate NY,haven't for 40 yrs.
In Washington State rust is not an issue.
Cars last forever here.