Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Suspended

I'm pro-gun and have a carry permit. But I don't carry it while I'm under the Trans Am wrenching.
I honestly hope he's worried that I will kill his dog. What ever it takes to keep my property free from a proven vicious animal is fine with me--even if I have no intention of killing it. It's not the dog that's the problem.

The owner the other hand, deserves a hardy as_ whipping.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Senior Chief

Hearty(sp) ass whooping (sp)...

Swearing to a warrant in front of a Judge, in your case is a CIVIL matter, NOT criminal.

You do not have the posess authority to swear to criminality. If that were the case, anyone could swear to everything and anything their neighbors do that I dislike, bad drivers...etc. Then, in this case, everyone would be swearing everything in front of Judges, inundating the system with BS complaints.

No, your town is not my town, agreed. But there are rules of law which dictate that anything criminal requires competent investigation by competent authority (Animal control, Sherriff, Water Dept, Police Dept, Code Enforcement....and not enforcement of a city ordinance.

Allowing a dog to roam at large is a CIVIL matter unless you can prove criminal intent that the owner is negligent.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Suspended

Actually it's hardy that I intended. Hardy: having rugged physical strength, athletic. Either way is okay. The effect would be MY gain, not to diminish him.

I had a warrant pulled and that's the deal. Now I just have to persuade the judge to hand him a fine of $100.75. Ultimately the goal is to have safe use of my personal property and insure the safety of me, my family and anyone that comes in contact with the animal.

It matters not to me if it's criminal or civil. It's a warrant and it has been served. We have a court date and you aren't helping me win it.

And it's a whipping in the city. It's a whoopin in the county.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:10 PM

doug get sworn statements from your other neighbors if possible. they'll help your case.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 06-12-2007, 11:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebirdcrazy1959
Dudes,i'm the biggest dog lover ever and you all know that.That dog needs to be put down,shot,poisoned or any-thing that will get rid of it.I would have some chopmeat ready, loaded with rat poison and when you see him,throw it at him he'll eat it and he will be gone for ever.Your problem solved.These people who lived next to me had a very bad Rottie,he was able to pull his dog house to try and get me every time i was out-side.I took a rock the size of a golf ball and got him good in the head!I used to pitch in H.S.so i'm pretty good.Almost killed him,but you know what he never bothered me again.And i told the guy what i did and he said good,that dog is bad!Go figure!One time i knocked a chipmunk out that was sitting on a tree stump,hit him right in the head.Walked up to him and he woke up and hauled ass.
That is a very sad way have you ever had one done that way?

Old 06-13-2007, 02:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to YVEYANT

I am a huge dog lover, so don't get me wrong.. but if he is threating your household, he needs to go.
Too bad you don't own a game bred Pitbull, they will stop anything, make a Rottweiler squeel like a pig ( Rotties are great man stoppers, but they are not dog fighters, once they get clamped on, they want out...
I am from the Bronx and used to always come across irresponsible owners with dogs that would run all over the neighborhood scaring people to death. A lot of these owners make them that way for the whole tough guy persona
telling their dogs "watch em" or "get em" and "who's that" to make them not trust people and before you know it they have an aggressive dog. I remember being attacked by two great danes when I was a young kid riding my bike, they used to always chase me down the street. My dad warned the owner left and right to no avail. Tried the whole court thing and got no where. Finally we bought a female Pitbull named April, game bred lineage, so it was in her to say the least. The best family dog, completely predictable with people and never started a fight ever. After owning her for about a year and a half the same two Great Danes chased me right to my house, one of them grabbed my leg and I fell off my bike, big mistake, out of no where my Pitbull hit that dog like a bomb while she was on her chain in the yard (so we were covered legally), breaking his front leg then quickly went for the other and had it by the throat shaking it like a rag doll. It got lucky and lived though, long story short, never again did that owner EVER let his dogs off the leash again, fearing for their lives. That dog saved my life that day and I will never forget it.
A game bred Pit will fight till the death, this is called dead game. Pound for pound is the most powerfull animal alive and is public knowledge not an opinion. If you know where to go you can find one for a couple hundred bucks. In your area down south, they have some of the best Pits in the country. Raise him like a member of the family and just love him, if you do, he will protect you with his life.
Don't ever let him start the fight, but if it does start, he will end it!

Ant
1967 Pontiac Tempest, GTO-Inspired

"What's so special about having Italian food cooked by a bunch of friggin Mexicans"
Paulie-
Rocky Balboa

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it"
Braveheart

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Wm0SlqN030.jpg

Last edited by YVEYANT; 06-13-2007 at 02:23 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:00 AM
Senior Chief

Get some foam rubber. Cut about half a dozen into 1 inch cubes. Soak in chicken soup. Throw them to the dog only when he`s on your property. The dog will wolf them down, and never crap again. Then he will die.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:15 AM
Suspended

Glad to see there are still psychopaths alive and well. Torturing the dog is NOT the answer. A bullet to the head is humane, dying miserably from rat poison abdominal cramps or clogging him up with foam is just sick.
Bunch of wackos.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Senior Chief

Lead to the head. One of the reasons I moved out of city limits was for idiot dog owners. I actually had four rocks come on my property in the city and growl at me. I ran inside and called the police, they said they couldn't do anything unless the dogs attacked someone (weekend, no animal control). When I made the comment about shooting them, the lady told me I could get a fine or worse for cruelty to animals???

I hung up and shot one in the hind quarter, old 22 cal Benjamin. They left.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:28 PM
Suspended

He avoided appearing and paid the fine prior to the court date.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to YVEYANT

Because he knows he is irresponsible and wrong. I just hope that dog never crosses paths with a child.

Ant
1967 Pontiac Tempest, GTO-Inspired

"What's so special about having Italian food cooked by a bunch of friggin Mexicans"
Paulie-
Rocky Balboa

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it"
Braveheart

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Wm0SlqN030.jpg
Old 06-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonchoV8
He avoided appearing and paid the fine prior to the court date.
File another complaint every time you see the dog running loose

Old 06-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My sympathies. I have about the identical problem here in VA. Pitbull bit a child (climbed on her & bit her neck). Dog was ordered confined after a hearing but the 3 other dogs run loose - legally. My 7 year old had to appear as a witness.

I have made close ties with the Animal Control Officer. All of this is subject to your local codes & ordinances. In VA you have a right to protect yourself with whatever is 'at hand'. Your dog also has the right to protect himself on his own property here to maul or kill an animal intruding on his property. This is not a civil matter here. It is criminal. Felonious if the dog injures someone. We also do not have to have any registration of any typical hand or long guns that are not concealed. Amen.

I informed the officer on Thursday after my last encounter, when I was cornered by the dogs on my porch, that I had video and fired over the animal's head for the last time. The dogs barely took flight after I llet the round go. He ENCOURAGED me to dispatch the animal and call him or demand a police officer immediately to pick up the carcass. These guys have so many calls & work so many cases that they can not deal with them all. My deal is that I just don't want any more trouble than necessary with neighbors since we are out here in BFE. Last time I had the dogs at a great enough distance I could pepper them with a cloud of pellets instead of putting a golf-ball sized hole in them & they stayed away for about a year.

Be glad you can get in front of a judge. Here we have to convince a Magistrate (typically a person with no formal legal education) to issue a warrant. And yes, a citizen can get a criminal warrant here. I have done it. The Magistrate would not issue it to the police officer, but when my wife & I went in & presented the evidence one was issued.

If you are in danger, shoot the animal, call the authorities to come get it & tell the judge when you get there.

We are rapidly returning to the Wild West folks. It kind of sucks really.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress

Last edited by Deadhead; 06-17-2007 at 02:10 PM.