Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-18-2006, 12:53 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Remember when they put that young teenage girl in the top fuel dragster? what the hell were they thinking?
Rex

Old 01-18-2006, 01:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

Hey all, sorry so late in responding, these 14 hour work days are killing me.

anywho,,

I do have experience racing at the 1/8 and 1/4 mile, back in my orange lemans with a 400 and crappy 2.56 gears, i wrote about it in my book. It was a low 15 second car, (once at 14.94 ) i had no idea how to really tune it well, but i got some good reaction times and such.

I totally agree that one shouldn't jump from a 12-14 sec to a 9- 10 sec car.

I just spent to much time trying to turn my lemans into a race car, so i figured id be better off planning for a race car.

And I wanna take it back to old school, i dont care for these new cars and their 55 inch wheels and all that crapola.

Instead of a tube chassie Ill stick with perhaps a fiberglass front end and things like that. I really like that 1961 style on that car.

It was one of the cars i read about in all my black and white photos in my books when I was in my fosterhomes.

And I wont trailer it there, but it will be BARELY streatable

Im thinking an ALUMINUM IA2 block, which ever heads are the most flowing at that time, in 2 years, and a 671 blower etc....

On the street stealth is the word, at the track I want it to be exuberant!!!!!

ALso I feel that the old school pontiacs should NOT be forgotten, so much so that I'm going to do this.

I wanted to do a 69 GTO convert, but thats to much like my lemans, a 61 cat is something really special to me.

Being manic is like living your life with a 1,000 hp pontiac motor and NO BRAKES. so im used to that a bit. lol

Going fast on the 1/4 mile doesnt scare me, well maybe 8's at 155.. lol

I can't explaine why i love pontiacs, but im glad i do.

wait, actually i CAN explain why...... Pontiacs excite our reward systems in our brain.

rock on guys!!!!

Brandi

Darrah for President!!!

LOL