73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 07-06-2003, 01:57 PM

My ac in my 73 ga is not kicking on, i have all the contacts checked and they are clean, the clutches never engage on the pully, i wasnt sure of what the problem was. Anybody have a similar problem in the past?

Old 07-06-2003, 07:06 PM

if the freon's low it'll blow a fuse that is probably mounted to the a/c bracket. it'll be black and usually have three wires in the connection.

to test it you can jump the connections and see if the comp comes on. do not do this as a permanent fix tho.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 07-09-2003, 01:32 PM

yeah its called a thermal lockout fuse or something like that. i got it and my freon is low so i'm recharging it with Freeze 12. Thanks a lot for your help. Also what is the best performance D port head for good compression and flow, and what cam should i use for street use. Another thing is that i want to get 3.73 gears but am not too sure if they are too steep for a 455. Thanks again guys for all your help, i'm starting to strip the whole car down in a few weeks, i will send pictures of it when i'm done.
Damien

Old 02-13-2004, 12:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pestilence68:
My car has a factory vynal top with the sunroof, did any GA's in 73 come with a sunroof without the vynal top? also where on the car does it indicate that the car had a vynal top from the factory?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, my 73 GA has the sunroof and no vinyl top.

Old 02-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Suspended

I know where there's a '73 GA with a factory sunroof and no vinyl top in a junkyard...

Old 02-14-2004, 09:20 AM
Senior Chief

Jerry:

Where is this car located?