THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooter
My favorite was Stevie Ray Vaughn opening for Greg Allman in the mid 80's with a guy with long white hair and beard opening for Stevie Ray Vaughn. Burnt too many brain cells to remember this dude but know he was pretty famous and played the keyboards.
That guy with the long white hair & beard was probably Leon Russell.

He's played with most everyone who's anyone in good music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypit
The Blizzard of Ozz first tour, Randy Rhoads, Rudy Sarzo and Tommy Aldridge.
Colton,that line-up was the Diary of a Madman tour likely,before that they had Brad Daisley on bass and Lee Kerslake on drums for the Blizzard of Ozz tour.

I saw both tours,first one was @ AVMT in East Troy IIRC (that or maybe @ the Riverside theatre in Milwaukee,I dunno offhand?) and I saw the Diary of a madman tour when it was @ MECCA in Milwaukee (had to drive thru a blizzard to see that concert).

So seeing Randy Rhoads twice was a highlight of my 80's concert experience (RIP Randy).

Seen many of the ones already mentioned too.
The eagles,rush,Alice cooper,ZZ top & the outlaws,BOC,Judas Priest,ozzy a few times,Aerosmith a couple times,Scorpions,SRV,AC-DC,Megadeth,Motorhead,Metal church,WASP,Motley Crue,Def Leppard & Krokus,Eric Clapton,just to name a few.

Yeah lots of good shows from that era:
Metallica & Armored Saint here in Austin @ city coloseum,that was the ride the lightning tour,that show flat kicked ass.

Also saw Metallica open for Ozzy on the masters tour,the layed waste to the Ozz man.

Both times were with Cliff Burton (RIP Cliff).

Also Pink Floyd @ Milwaukee county stadium was pretty cool too.

Yeah,lots of good times.

Bret P.

In the meantime,check out the cars HERE.