Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 03-12-2014, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCirque View Post

I'm not sure the exact moment when life threatening danger and stupidity becomes comedy.... But it does.
helps when its someone elses stupidity and machine

Old 03-12-2014, 01:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCirque View Post
I watched a guy zip ty the throttle open on a snowmobile carb while working on it at the trail head parking lot. He got it back together, didn't remove zip-ty, started it.

We figured it was doing about 50mph when it hit the cement ditch bank across the parking lot and exploded. It was raining plastic pieces!

How it missed all the trucks and trailers in the lot I'll never understand.

I'm not sure the exact moment when life threatening danger and stupidity becomes comedy.... But it does.
I read this in the doctor's office waiting room and LOL'd!

I had my own experience. Long story short, I had the NSS jumpered out, and during repair had the shift selector in L. I went to go start the car and retest my work without putting the shifter in park. My 67 FB launched into my work bench, and luckily didn't end up in my laundry room. Work bench is totalled, and the front bumper got tweaked back an inch or two at the peak. I had to pull it out with a come-along and tree.

GP, I feel for ya. Between misadjusted NSS and miswired ignition circuits, your wagon is in a bad spot. This is why I just bought an entire rewire kit for my Lemans - to unfudge the butchery that occured in a previous life.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:42 AM

Does anyone have a picture of what I should be seeing underneath. I went back to the wagon and it seems that the shifter cable inside the his/hers is really messed up. I see the shifter shaft moving from park to neutral to drive but I dont think it is registering underneath. I did get a second to stick my head underneath but it was hard with exhaust pipe in the way. Will get the wagon lifted up and Im sure something is amiss under there. Probably rusted in place from all the years sitting outside.

I wont start it

GP

Old 03-15-2014, 06:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm sure a lot of us have a "runaway car story". I woln't put it up here, but one board member who posts here frequently has a pretty good one, if he's willing to share it?

Something about installing a newly "rebuilt" transmission and having back off the car ramps, out thru the garage door and across the street, etc when he first fired it up, and it was in Park from what I can remember........Cliff

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
Old 03-16-2014, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff R View Post
I'm sure a lot of us have a "runaway car story".
very true