THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

This Sunday I am going to see Kari Job in Phoenix and looking forward to it. After seeing her on u tube, seeing her perform live should be all the better.

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 10-02-2014, 05:49 PM

Not counting the awful open mic night at the bar last night after the snowmobile club meeting I saw Brit Floyd,a Pink Floyd tribute band that was a pretty kick-ass show,I missed Steve Earle a month or so ago.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I screwed up! Springsteen played Mohegan Sun Arena May 17 & 18th of this year and I was a little over an hour away up at our place on Cape Cod with my Father. He and I have seen Bruce together at least 20 times, maybe over 30 since our first show together in 1985. We didn't go and decided instead to have a nice dinner & get a little toasted in our favorite bar in Woods Hole.

The bootleg from the shows is called The Last Dance and it's pretty ****ing good. If I had known it was the end of the tour I would have been there, I just figured he would be adding more dates!

I know most of you guys don't agree with his politics, but just think of the band that's most important to you, that you've seen close to 100 times, and think of missing a great date. I've been going to his shows since 1978, seen him at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park, at the convention hall there in the middle of a blinding snow storm for one of his Christmas shows, followed him on tour from Philly, to Cleveland to Detroit, etc.. I blew it! But dinner, drinks & stories with my Dad was pretty ****ing good too!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 10-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Senior Chief

Saw Queensryche (Geoff Tate version) last month. Saw Tesla the night before at the same venue.

Going to see Queensryche (new singer version) on Oct. 11.

www.lancablingsolutions.com
Old 10-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Saw Garth Brooks here in Chicago a few weeks ago. Then a few days later we went to see Ed Sheeran with my daughter. This guy is a huge talent! That was a great show.

Chris, my daughter went with frineds to see Panic at the Disco a couple of months ago. It was a theater in Chicago with no seating. She described it as chaos but shes in love with Brendon Urie.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue 66 View Post
Chris, my daughter went with friends to see Panic at the Disco a couple of months ago. It was a theater in Chicago with no seating. She described it as chaos but shes in love with Brendon Urie.

Same here Paul - except for some bleachers at the back of the hall where the parents were sitting the floor was GA! It got scary there for a while & they stopped the show twice to get people to stop pushing but they were pulling people over the barrier all night long!

Good show other than that - you should go next time.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 10-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Last concert I saw was ZZTop and Ted Nugent the beer drinkers and hellraisers tour at the Shoreline Theater, boy that's been awhile.

Last edited by post toastie; 10-02-2014 at 07:04 PM. Reason: edit
Old 10-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Saw Tony Joe White at a small venue about 4 years ago. He brought the house down. Saw J.J. Cale right before that. Truly a legend. Would love to see Junior Brown next.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
I know most of you guys don't agree with his politics, but just think of the band that's most important to you, that you've seen close to 100 times, and think of missing a great date.
The ONLY time that ever happened to me was when TWA screwed us by telling us the connecting flight had already left, the replacement flight A/C died, and I missed the Dead in Stockholm. Lame show anyway, and I have it on tape. The stuff I have done to not miss or get to shows on time is crazy.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 10-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Last show I saw was Lyle Lovett opening for Willie Nelson and the Los Angeles Philharmonic at the Hollywood Bowl.

Lyle Lovett was great. Willie with the backing symphony was so-so. Third time I've seen him; not the best - but always a good time.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Senior Chief

Allman Brothers about August 1995 at the then coca cola star lake amphitheater.

Well, I pulled the hot wire off the HEI so no one would swipe it. I found that I don't much care for southern rock - particularly hours of it including this medley thing that's not a song, but just Allman southern rock sound. Now that country is more electronic - I now see why I didn't like southern rock - it's just modern country ahead of its time. Anyway, I get out into my car and I blast BlackSabbath to purge the twang from my brain, at which point some drunk woman about 40 likes the music and dances dangerously close to my car to the Sabbath.

Then I pull out into the lanes that that exit the parking area. This Remus in a Tempo behind me keeps neutral-dropping his Ford Tempo, and he and a crowd of drunk people surrounding me are yelling for a burn-out. It goes on for about fifteen minutes and my passenger suggests just a little one. So I pause for a slot ahead of me, crank her up and light them. The car plumes smoke, gets alittle sideways, and while still spinning, this drunk turd walks right in front of the car.

So finally We get out to the main road and I had enough. Were moving now, just outta second, and cranking, and traffic just stops. I pound the brakes, and the front tires are screaming and I can feel the prop working the car straight under maximum braking. I stop about ten inches from a red Dodge Shadow America, which an image is permanently etched in my brain, and who's driver surely sucked his seat cushion up his but bracing for a colossal wallop from a T/A that he could hear screaming towards him.

So, never again. My go fast cars don't even have radios anymore, and I haven't been to, nor missed attending concerts one bit. I'm a car guy, not a music guy, and for the most part I see that my interest in music was just me trying to find myself or fit in as a teen.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:24 PM

Wink

Hi Guys, my most recent was montgomery gentry (country rock) about a month ago. and my next concert will be alice cooper in late november. looking forward to see alice cooper, i understand he has the same great stage show, and was allways known for great band members. BLUE TA

Old 10-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Senior Chief

Ringo Starr on October 12 at the Moody Theater (2700 capacity) in Austin.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nephew and assorted friends jamming in his garage in a couple of weeks in Chicago. Very informal, good guitar/bass players, couple of drummers, no one is good at vocals until after they've had enough beer.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Last one was BTO at Clark County Fair!.lol
2002 or something.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BOSTON> two months ago.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140802_225835.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	377824  

Old 10-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Senior Chief

The drummer at the wrong gig band back in August.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abK-Vd2dezc

Before that, it was Trans-Siberian Orchestra back in November.

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Jeff Gordon Edition
2017 Dodge Challenger SXT Black Top Edition
Old 10-02-2014, 10:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

lets see..the last concert i went to was in St Louis...Iron Maiden with Twisted Sister...i dont get out much..twisted sister was pretty new...

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 10-02-2014, 11:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tedeschi-Trucks Band was my last and was it great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYlW3lDGhUI

4:30 check out Derek

Old 10-03-2014, 05:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Last one was my own band, at the Goathead Saloon in Mesa. Closed it up with "Cemetary Gates" by Pantera. Band went our separate ways a year and a half ago.

Playing live on a stage is like a drug. Not much compares.

I was going to see Motley Crue this last summer on their final tour, but lost interest a few days before the show. I like the GA sections for concerts. The chaos and mayhem is all part of the fun. I might grow up one day...