Quote:
Originally Posted by starlightblack View Post
I tried too Rob - got a bit excited when I saw the N11-

still looking up here...
Thank you!! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

my 71 had a wrong stamped block from the factory, it was 1 number off

when we sent the engine in for rebuild, they sent it back saying it was junk, exact words were, "it is cracked in places I have never seen one crack." story was it was in storage from 1973 till I got it in 1982 or 83. their guess was the antifreeze went bad or they didn't have enough in it. in 83 no one cared about matching numbers so just copied down numbers from block, pulled the crank and 4 bolt caps and scrapped it. wish I had kept it, but cant go back.
have 3 rare cars that blocks were gotten rid of for stupid reasons.
1) that 71 4 speed TA.
2) 70 455 ram air 4 speed GTO. spun bearings, so they bought a junk yard block and put the heads and intake on it. heck they told me they sold the ram air system for beer money one week end????? and replaced the junk Qjet 273 carb with a high performance 750 holley???
3) 74 TA auto SD. guy didn't want low compression piece of crap( his words), so gave it away and had them install big car 1970 455, stock carb to oil pan. this was done in Cincinnati Ohio. crazy thing is, I found a complete 74 SD in Cincinnati, just not the same vin :-(