Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 01-28-2016, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsformula View Post
No one has mentioned so I will. If you live in a state that makes it very difficult to
nearly impossible to dispose of old tires (From your home) then you do need to
consider this when buying any tire. If this is your situation and you have old tires
on those rims, it is possible a Tire Center will discard them, but maybe not if your
not buying the tires there. This is a risk buying on line, as you will still need to have them mounted and balanced and possibly discard old tires, and all have costs attached.

I live in PA (Cannot dispose of Tires from any residence) and when I bought my 455
from a guy in New York he offered me a set of 15X7 Rally IIs. I told him I cant take
um with the tires, and he was nice enough to have them removed. Bought tires
and had them mounted and balanced on the bare Rims.

I'm sure we can all find ways to dispose of Tires if required, but it can really be a hassle
so just suggesting you check this out in your area, to be sure you have an option.
Once I gave away a Set of Slotted Mag's in perfect condition just to get the Tires off
my property, and most of the folks on my block have a stack of Tires in their garage
that may be there forever or until the community organizes some type of cleanup that
includes them.
We used to just drive to the tire store on Sunday and add it to their pile. But seriously, any tire store will take used tires, they just have to charge a few dollars per tire for disposal. ; )

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
Bill Nye.