Old 11-27-2020, 08:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by north View Post
I've never seen in person a redone console but that photo of the just dashes console confirms what I'd expect... looks nice but just like the work they do on dashes it has a puffy look to it compared to factory. The radius of the edges are much too large and the flat surfaces look overstuffed.

Don't get me wrong it's still nice and better than most other solutions but the best option is NOS or nice used original.
Received my quote today for console repair: $550 for console, $150 for lid. I'd bet you can find a mint original for less.

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)
Old 11-28-2020, 06:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here is the last GTO i picked up today. Original manual trans car without console. Has a full set of seats and some other stuff i didnt have . Same color as the LeMans . Maybe i have enough to build a car now lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201128_164011.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	554958   Click image for larger version

Name:	20201128_164023.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	554959  

6.27@107
9.97@131
Old 11-29-2020, 02:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Eveland View Post
Here's #4. 69 LeMans . Its got an ohc sitting down in it. Floors are pretty solid.
Posted a car I was in with a drivers side quarter just like that but the rest of that car was trashed too. http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=845089

That OHC has a popular following and for good reason, it wont be hard to find a good home for that.

Looks like lots of good parts left on this one. Tough to find anything at all in my neck of the woods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Eveland View Post
Here is the last GTO i picked up today. Original manual trans car without console. Has a full set of seats and some other stuff i didnt have . Same color as the LeMans . Maybe i have enough to build a car now lol.
Wow, now the odds are really stacking up! Soon you'll have enough to build two or three lol.

Goes without saying they aren't building any more so I'm very happy to see nothing go to waste.

Frank

Old 11-29-2020, 07:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The Lemans came out of park and rolled down a hill into a tree or something like that. The other gold car , the frame is rusted right in front the door so maybe i can use the rear section to replace the bent up rear section on the LeMans. That would give me a 3rd frame to put together another roller at least. But the 1/4 got shoved forward to where the door wont close.

The frames under the Mayfair Maize and other yellow car, actually a Limelight Green car are both very nice.

But have a 355 posi in the Mayfair Maize and 3.23 posi in the other one so thats a plus.

Weird to get 2 cars both vinyl top manual trans cars? Both would look great restored.

6.27@107
9.97@131