Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 02:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
Several years ago on this forum some guy was going to build a 301 based engine and whoop up on Mr. Langer.
If I remember correctly the last post on the thread was from JL and it said "let me know how that turns out for you". He seemed to have everything figured out (at least in theory) and said the short deck and lightweight block would give him the edge he needed.
Paul,
Are you thinking of "KO"? He wanted to build a low deck engine in the low 400 ci range.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 07-11-2015, 02:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Several years ago on this forum some guy was going to build a 301 based engine and whoop up on Mr. Langer.
If I remember correctly the last post on the thread was from JL and it said "let me know how that turns out for you". He seemed to have everything figured out (at least in theory) and said the short deck and lightweight block would give him the edge he needed.

... ok, not sure who's doing that, but i have a 434c.i. (301T block) build on hold, but nothing about it being used to go after JL was said, i was just wondering who said that one ...

Old 07-11-2015, 03:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturrbo406 View Post
... lmao, by continually bashing & trashing a manufacturers product for years now, that is for the Pontiac market ??? ...

... now that's funny coming from you ... IMO, the only thing you care about is you ...
The only thing I bash people on are them being fake azz racers and wanna be who talk a lot of chit and never back it up.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 07-11-2015, 03:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpenrod View Post
Did Langer ever get his ass busted? Seems like I remember someone saying they would put one or two tenths on him right out of the gate!
Yea, that was GREATGTO years ago. The cv1 conglomerate can't get a motor together let alone a car that goes down the track.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 07-11-2015, 03:35 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
Don't be a HATER George that nobody looks you up on YouTube and no one wants to race you.

For me it's about making Pontiacs better to compete against the other brands.
YOU must mis-intrepid my post......I'm not hating on anyone's car. I don't go to Norwalk to race one person, I'm there to win the Q16 or maybe a bracket race on Friday or Saturday! Unless you guys can keep your engines together saying you ran an ET.........means NOTHING. Anyone can build a "Time Bomb"!

GTO George

GTO George

Old 07-11-2015, 03:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Paul,
Are you thinking of "KO"? He wanted to build a low deck engine in the low 400 ci range.

Stan
Stan, no it was not KO. I don't think it was a guy that had done a whole lot and he didn't have a lot of posts. But he seemed very genuine in his thoughts.

Quote:
... ok, not sure who's doing that, but i have a 434c.i. (301T block) build on hold, but nothing about it being used to go after JL was said, i was just wondering who said that one ...
I don't remember what the guys user name was. By chance have you checked the cylinder wall thickness on the turbo 301 block?

Last edited by PAUL K; 07-11-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
YOU must mis-intrepid my post......I'm not hating on anyone's car. I don't go to Norwalk to race one person, I'm there to win the Q16 or maybe a bracket race on Friday or Saturday! Unless you guys can keep your engines together saying you ran an ET.........means NOTHING. Anyone can build a "Time Bomb"!

GTO George

GTO George
If I were you I would not talk to loud about motor breaking. Yours takes forever to get rebuilt and somehow ends up slower then before.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 07-11-2015, 04:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Stan, no it was not KO. I don't think it was a guy that had done a whole lot and he didn't have a lot of posts. But he seemed very genuine in his thoughts.

I don't remember what the guys user name was. By chance have you checked the cylinder wall thickness on the turbo 301 block?

... absolutely, my 301Turbo block has been thoroughly tested by 2 seperate sonic testing ... 4.155 will clear all day long ...

Old 07-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
You are the only person that see's it that way. I am an outsider, have no dog in this fight, but I did search the internet and you tube. NO real fast CV-1 cars. Of course none with out a power adder (turbo or procharger). Is there a contract when you buy that head you are not allowed to post #'s or take video??
I find new video of Jacks car, not one of Fultons CV-1 set up.

Seems like everyones got to stop the chit talking and get there azzes racing already.
Proof is in a timeslip/video. Not a dyno or flow sheet. Just my .02
In all due respect.....How fast have you gone with Pontiac power?
How fast are you running this weekend?

I don't have a dog in any of these arguments anymore either. But it's a lot tougher trail blazing with a new product while racing the track/learning your car/racing your opponent/learning your opponents/while racing the pathetic budget that you set it to be that year.

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.82@159.91 in Joliet May 2024 ….157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23

Last edited by S/st 54; 07-11-2015 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... absolutely, my 301Turbo block has been thoroughly tested by 2 seperate sonic testing ... 4.155 will clear all day long ...
That's interesting... those Pontiac engineers sure had it going on!

Old 07-11-2015, 04:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/st 54 View Post
In all due respect.....How fast have you gone with Pontiac power?
How fast are you running this weekend?
Total street car Pontiac Powered, no cage full interior(3750 + may fat ass) tko 600 drive it anywhere on a budget 1/24 th of all these cars you are talkinging about. Stock kre dports a low ten right know, looking to go in the 9's by the fall.
To me that fast with a stick shift is a BAD ASS ride. I'm driving for my life .

What these guys have in there heads I do not have in my whole car. I don't just race on a weekend, I do that every day.
That's my resume, and by the way, the street cars guys I hang with that are registered and insured could put a hurtin on alot of race cars I see on here.
My car is a dog compared to alot of street cars up here. I do not have a track close by. 4.0 hrs away each way. Sorry if no one likes street cars, its the only option here if you like cars.

Old 07-11-2015, 04:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

To me my hero on this board is Marty P with his 8 second street car, he is probably in the sevens by now driving it to the track and back home.

Old 07-11-2015, 04:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Total street car Pontiac Powered, no cage full interior(3750 + may fat ass) tko 600 drive it anywhere on a budget 1/24 th of all these cars you are talkinging about. Stock kre dports a low ten right know, looking to go in the 9's by the fall.

What these guys have in there heads I do not have in my whole car. I don't just race on a weekend, I do that every day.
That's my resume, and by the way, the street cars guys I hang with that are registered and insured could put a hurtin on alot of race cars I see on here.
My car is a dog compared to alot of street cars up here. I do not have a track close by. 4.0 hrs away each way. Sorry if no one likes street cars, its the only option here if you like cars.
Since you have run low ten's you are faster than a lot of guys making posts in this thread. In fact, if you made it down the track you are doing better than a some of them!

Last edited by PAUL K; 07-11-2015 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Larry Quinn's been running 8's for years pulling monster wheel stands with his 62 Catalina. Plenty of YouTube videos if that's what you're looking for.

63 Lemans Race Car- 8.81 @ 151, 5.60 @ 123(SOLD)

67 Bonneville ragtop

74 Firebird - 455, e heads, TK0600 in process
Old 07-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Sweet! Sounds like your car is fun to drive! So is my car. You and I are in the same boat. I don't have a 1/4 mile track within 3.5-4hrs away.....and the closest decent 1/8th mile track is 4hrs away......I admire that you do actually get out and race it!

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.82@159.91 in Joliet May 2024 ….157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 07-11-2015, 05:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I said we would race Langer . We were going to build a dedicated race car at that time, it was a 63 tempest. Car would have been capable of going up or down to race in the weight range of 2500-3200 lb . for whoever wanted to race.

Nothing far fetched about it, Langer was caught in a lie and I said we would race him and that he was going down. Outrageous right? lol

I never said we would beat him by xy or z. I think he was running 830's or 40's at that time. considering a smaller n2o engine just made over 1100 hp
I feel no reason to believe looking back on it now a 572 N/A engine with ports designed for N/A application in that tempest would not have a better than average chance at winning that race. I stand by that to this day.

Yes plans changed and the tempest was sold. So the race never happen obviously.

Funny how what I said gets twisted around saying he was going to get his ass busted or we would beat him by xyz when nothing of the sort was ever said.

Old 07-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
That's interesting... those Pontiac engineers sure had it going on!
Take a look at 79 301t block and majority of 80 up blocks. They compare favorably with early 70's 400 blocks and late 70's SR 400 blocks. Rather surprising.

79 earlier NON "T" blocks compare to late 70's 400's with 557 castings. Waste of time/money for performance use.
Dont even think about 301 cranks or heads.

You do have to deal with thrust difference same as 455 crank to 400 block.
(Bill had a crank made set up for the swap and Tom S did the bearing spacer mod on his 3.75" (iirc)stroked combo.

Fwiw I can attest Bill has a sweet 301 shortblock. Might be a pic in Tom S's 301 stroker thread in street section.

Old 07-11-2015, 05:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The main reason a short deck block is needed in my mind is not for durability or for making more hp. The main reason is for being able to fit traditional style Pontiac blocks in newer model cars like 3rd and 4th gen firebirds and even 2004-2006 gtos. You can buy these cars so cheap right now that are in good cosmetic condition, no rust, all interior intact, t-top cars, convertibles etc.

Reason a lot of guys got out of cars is they cannot afford restoring a 60's or 70's car from the ground up then stick a 10,000 dollar street engine in it. Take the car needing everything out of the picture and it becomes more affordable.

Old 07-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Since you have run low ten's you are faster than a lot of guys making posts in this thread. In fact, if you made it down the track you are doing better than a some of them!
... really ??? ... by the way that reads this man has what it takes to do high end development work on cylinder heads ?? ...

... could you be anymore out of context with a statement like that ?? ...

Old 07-11-2015, 06:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... really ??? ... by the way that reads this man has what it takes to do high end development work on cylinder heads ?? ...

... could you be anymore out of context with a statement like that ?? ...
I think you may be confused, as I am with your statement?

There is more than one guy posting in this thread that has not run faster than low ten's in their car also there are guys here posting that have never raced a car down the track. What does that have to do with cylinder head work? Or "out of context "?