Old 06-21-2018, 10:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
I like it and would have some fun with it. Tell your friend I would take it towards my convertible.
I like this car Chris - hope it finds its way to your garage and the vert makes room for it.

BJ

Old 06-23-2018, 07:54 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Air IV Jack View Post
an unmolested car like this is a goldmine of information for restorers. With all the miss information floating around the internet where about 80% or more is fiction, a car like this can end many arguments, or it should. So few of these left anymore and with all the restored vehicles out there, few are correct to how the factory put them together.
I restored a somewhat similar car several years ago in cardinal red. Car sold originally in Indiana. Numbers matching, starter and water pump had been replaced over the years and of course rubber parts. Last registered in 81. It was a treasure trove of info for sure, and I documented the disassembly and reassembly very well. Found original markings, paint daubs, tags, etc.

I spent a lot of time at reassembly installing original parts and pieces based on my disassembly findings, like if something was broken from disassembly or damaged and couldn't be restored to new. I used as little repro items as feasible. I patched my original fenders, put in a complete Arizona trunk pan, NOS quarters. Re-plated original components. Then I sourced a 70 RAIV power plant, with M22 and 12 bolt, and installed in the car keeping the original drive train in storage. It took me 5 years. I did the disassembly, reassembly, engine, trans, rear end, interior, all myself. Paint and body work was farmed out as its not my forte.

The car is not well known, it hasn't been to shows, and nobody else will ever care about it, it's history, provenance, whatever...unless it goes up for sale. Now I don't drive it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	014.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	486158   Click image for larger version

Name:	Judge and Hot Rod 7.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	486160  

Old 06-25-2018, 04:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would be love to have that car .."for the right price" very cool..love to just look at it in person..I've bought a few "rust buckets" ..always a challenge.. got them restored..saved them.. But i NEVER paid too much for them..Had to be a pretty rare car to restore and make a profit.. one good example (finished several years ago) is a 1971 GTO 4 speed convert. ..loaded..lucern blue/ivory interior..Original 1 owner with All docs. and service records from new...matching #s also .Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0027.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	486365

Click image for larger version

Name:	bluegto2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	486366 Bought and raised in New york ( say SALT!) He used it as his mail carrier (USPS)car! Got lucky and found it on eBay of all places..was kinda shocked I got it for a sweet price!

Last edited by Forrest; 06-25-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I talked to the owner of the Gold Judge today, the car is sold and will be going overseas.

69 Firebird Ram Air IV, 4spd Matador Red/Black-Survivor
71 GTO 455HO 4spd, Lucerne Blue/Black/Black
71 GTO 455HO Auto, Lucerne Blue/Sandalwood/Blue
Old 06-25-2018, 05:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

whoa!

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)
Old 06-25-2018, 05:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The egg has not hatched yet..we'll see........there's always a chance sell falls thru..

Old 06-25-2018, 06:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
The egg has not hatched yet..we'll see........there's always a chance sell falls thru..
Very true. He did receive a partial payment already.

69 Firebird Ram Air IV, 4spd Matador Red/Black-Survivor
71 GTO 455HO 4spd, Lucerne Blue/Black/Black
71 GTO 455HO Auto, Lucerne Blue/Sandalwood/Blue