THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My friends grandmother lived in an apartment building with an underground garage. He took me down there one time and low and behold there was a 66 GTO vert sitting in a corner. It had been there for many years and it was in really good shape. This was about 1998.

It had the hood scoop opened up and with a flashlight, I could see the tri-power carbs. I cant remember what color the car was but it had an inch of dust sitting on it.

I was able to track down the owner and leave messages but never received a call back. I tried on and off for about two years to get the car. Then one day it was gone.

This one got away because of my lack of persistence. I think I knew in the back of my mind that I couldn't afford it so I didn't try all that hard.

Old 06-26-2015, 02:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 3 I should have bought

1) in 1989 a 69 trans am 2nd owner car $2500.00 passed on it.
2) in 1989 1970 Challenger convertible, 440 auto original owner thought he was nuts when he told me $4000.00
3) 1991 a 1970 Cuda 440 six pack convertible. Needed a front bumper, r/f fender and grille. Minor accident damage, $2500 real clean white on white

Then again some I did not pass on and made good $$$