Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 09-04-2016, 08:47 PM

I am currently sans brakes myself. Driving home (roughly 55 miles) after I got myself a new top for the convertible. Feeling good when I try to stop for a yellow and realize that nothings happening. I gas it and get through the yellow and pull over and get a tow home.

Decided to go with the scarebird set up and I'm ordering dual master/proportioning valve/disk brake conversion lines on Tuesday.

Needless to say, after reading your thread I'm a bit concerned. Damned sorry to hear all about your issues.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiretread View Post
I am currently sans brakes myself. Driving home (roughly 55 miles) after I got myself a new top for the convertible. Feeling good when I try to stop for a yellow and realize that nothings happening. I gas it and get through the yellow and pull over and get a tow home.

Decided to go with the scarebird set up and I'm ordering dual master/proportioning valve/disk brake conversion lines on Tuesday.

Needless to say, after reading your thread I'm a bit concerned. Damned sorry to hear all about your issues.

My prop valve was getting stuck when bleeding. I opened it up twice during bleeding and found it stuck in the rearward position. I would center it and it would pop right back again when I started bleeding the rears. A new prop valve fixed that. The other issue as others mentioned was the bleed screws on the Eldorado calipers were lower than the high point of the fluid path in the caliper. I relayed this info to the shop that finished it up. They removed the caliper slide bolts and rotated the caliper on the rotor while bleeding to get the bleed screws at the highest point. No drama whatsoever with that trick.

All is good.