Old 08-12-2014, 08:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

nice eye

Old 08-12-2014, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good eye indeed. Must be a bit of glare on the original photo that washed out a portion of the spoiler.

BJ

Old 08-12-2014, 10:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mike - thanks for the catch. Architects have an eye for detail obviously. I'm almost afraid to bring the car now...

Anyway, how's this for service after hours....The original photo had been emailed from apple to microsoft, saved, and then attached and emailed again. When you caught the "Judge Wing", which probably excited some people like Chris, I emailed Gary the original file from apple and voila.. Nice service.

Does anyone have a picture of an Fbody with a 1971 Abody wing?

Old 08-13-2014, 07:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I wasn't going to say anything, but as long as we're making comments - you can see your garage in the windows.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 08-13-2014, 08:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice poster Bob. (I'd get rid of the phone # though).

Old 08-13-2014, 09:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
I wasn't going to say anything, but as long as we're making comments - you can see your garage in the windows.
I don't think there is much that can be done about window reflections, but Gary did take care late last night of the neon sign reflections in the paint. I think this is final.

All the cell phone comments have me questioning that, but I think I will leave it for now. It's easy enough to black out in the future. The number is part of a corporate account and is not associated with my name or my home address. That may cover some of the potential pitfalls of those suggesting it be removed.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks great! Don't change a thing.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So the Black Car is ready for the big show in Dayton, or at least as ready as it will ever be. Today MPD and I re-buffed most of the Black Car and detailed it inside and out. It looks pretty good. I've started using Wolfgang finishing products and man they are good. I've used Meguiars, Griots, 3M and Wolfgang, and for paint finish products they are the best. Especially the Uber Compound, Total Swirl Remover and Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Not only do they work better than any of the others I have used, they also are easier to remove. Another couple products I really like are the 3M Leather and Vinyl Restorer and the 3M Tire Restorer. Enough for the commercials, but I thought I would share that. I'm pretty picky, but these products please me. I'd like to hear if someone else has tried Wolfgang and found something that is even better. Here's some pictures.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Save me a spot!

Old 08-17-2014, 06:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks perfect, anxious to see live and in person Bob.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
Save me a spot!
Mike, we are going to Bob's on our way down in order to have Bob do some detailing....

Old 08-17-2014, 07:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very nice!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 08-17-2014, 07:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood View Post
Mike, we are going to Bob's on our way down in order to have Bob do some detailing....
He's bringing the stuff?

Old 08-17-2014, 08:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I've been following the progress of the black car since Steve owned it. I can't wait to see it in person, its practically a celebrity!

Old 08-17-2014, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks great!! I love em Black... I have stock in the lil swiffer duster replacement ends for my extenda handle duster now!!
If you are on grass, a Ground wire on a small metal stake in the ground, and a clip on your rear spring U bolt bolt end will reduce about 50% of the dust... just an Fyi
Sorta feel Related... LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	related.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	373569  

Old 08-17-2014, 09:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
Looks great!! I love em Black... If you are on grass, a Ground wire on a small metal stake in the ground, and a clip on your rear spring U bolt bolt end will reduce about 50% of the dust...
You figured that out? I mean, not wondering about your intelligence, I never heard that trick and it is clever. In low moisture areas do you have to drink a lot and pee on the ground rod?

Old 08-17-2014, 09:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird72 View Post
You figured that out? I mean, not wondering about your intelligence, I never heard that trick and it is clever. In low moisture areas do you have to drink a lot and pee on the ground rod?
But seriously, yes, it works, especially on cars with clear coats ( plastic) which builds up a static charge and attracts dust.. the car has no ground, ( in this case BF Goodrich insulators) the rod and wire help...
Adding Nitrogen to the ground may help.. (urea) as moisture can take away static..

Old 08-17-2014, 09:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird72 View Post
Did someone mention something about a white cooler....?

Bruce - your car looks great. It's hard to beat a Black Car when it's right and yours looks right. Have you tried a California Duster? That's all I use on my cars. I might wash them every couple of years, but in between it's the California Duster and Spray Wax/Detailer.

Craig - Come on down. I'm sure we can work out some type of barter deal and we've got a few spare bedrooms...

Mike - I'd be happy to bring the "stuff", but someone better bring bourbon and a generator.

W72 and Ramair - looking forward to meeting you all also. Love the new avatar Ramair. I'm a big fan of action shots.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was told my California duster has to be well worn and old before it works well?
My wife bought one just this year and seems to smear the dust...

Old 08-17-2014, 10:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

California Dusters are terrific, and really do get better the older and more nasty they look. You have to let a new one lay on newspaper for a couple of days, flipping it over a few times to soak up some of the excess treatment, but then they just need to be used and aged.

I do love the tip on the ground rod and will try it next time I have a car in a show.

BJ