Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 08:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
So if it doesn't make 1K HP and be the first CV1 motor to make 1K HP it won't be sweet?
if that thing doesnt make 1k hp i'd light it on fire! lol

67 LE MANS in pieces...
68 gto
84 grand prix twin turbo 496 pontiac 25.3 cage
Old 07-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans411 View Post
if that thing doesnt make 1k hp i'd light it on fire! lol

... LMAO ...

Old 07-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

... well guys, unfortunately i have seen that the resident moron on PZ which would be Goober () is now claiming the valves in my CV-345/RacePlate heads for this 572 have had the valves moved to a different location ?? ...

... incase anyone gives that man an ounce of credit (which i hope they don't) i am simply setting the record clear, the valves in these heads for the 572 have NOT been altered or moved in anyway shape or form, and they do run the max-offset we can run with the CV-1 cylinder head ...

... i'm sure there are many that aren't up to speed with how he runs things on that forum, and we don't want his lies being taken as fact concerning this engine and it's parts ...

... back to topic, sorry ...

Old 07-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good info Bill.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturrbo406 View Post
the valves in these heads for the 572 have NOT been altered or moved in anyway shape or form, and they do run the max-offset we can run with the CV-1 cylinder head ...
????????????

You are implying that the valves have not been moved/changed from a stock CV-1 head diameter and position that are out on the street currently?

You just posted that the "have NOT been altered or moved in anyway shape or form, and they do run the max-offset we can run with the CV-1 cylinder head"

So which is it, "not moved" or "moved to max offset position" and are not a different diameter? Help me out here.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
????????????

You are implying that the valves have not been moved/changed from a stock CV-1 head diameter and position that are out on the street currently?

You just posted that the "have NOT been altered or moved in anyway shape or form, and they do run the max-offset we can run with the CV-1 cylinder head"

So which is it, "not moved" or "moved to max offset position" and are not a different diameter? Help me out here.

Tom Vaught

... i'm not implying, i stated that the valves have NOT been moved in this head, (or any other CV-1 combo for that matter, ReTool head included) meaning the guides are still in the standard CV-1 location, meaning, not moved at all, diameter is not relavant to location of the valve over bore center ...

... the Max-Offset is referencing the pushrod location through the head, meaning we are at the maximum amount of OffSet we can use in this head, hence the offset shaft rockers and offset Keyed lifters in the photos ...

Last edited by twinturrbo406; 07-01-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like you spent alooooot of time polishing your crank-Jerkey!

Turbo 535, CV 1 heads.

Built by Cerralli Competition Engines

Tenth Anniversary (Van Nuys) restored.
Tenth Anniversary Barn Find (Norwood)
Both 4 speeds!
Old 07-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If a guy bought a set and moved the valves around, for instance where his builder wanted, or you did a set with modified valve angles, what difference would it make?

Bill, NO one listens to gomer.

1963 Cat SD Clone (old school) streeter
1964 GTO post coupe, tripower, 4speed (build)
1965 GTO 389 tripower, 4 speed, driver
1966 GTO dragcar
1966 GTO Ragtop
1969 Tempest ET clone street/strip
1969 GTO Judge RA lll, auto
1969 GTO limelight Conv. 4speed go and show (sold)
1970 GP SSJ
1970 GTO barn find..TLB…390 horse?….yeh, 390
1972 GTO 455 HO, 4 speed, (build)
1973 Grand Safari wagon, 700hp stoplight sleeper
525ci DCI & 609ci LM V head builds
Old 07-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE=Tom Vaught;4963640]????????????

Tom Vaught

In the out of the box head the pushrod passes through a small groove cutout past the intake port. By moving the pushrod over (offsetting)this groove can be welded up to utilize all the ports realastate. If Im understanding Bill correctly.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
????????????

Tom Vaught
Aren't you an engineer? Lmao I'm just a lowly dealer mechanic and I took that as valves are in stock location and they are using the maximum offset rockers and or lifter that they safely can run. Its written in English lol.

67 LE MANS in pieces...
68 gto
Old 07-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Aren't you an engineer? Lmao I'm just a lowly dealer mechanic and I took that as valves are in stock location and they are using the maximum offset rockers and or lifter that they safely can run. Its written in English lol.
I was just trying to get a clarification on what he posted. He posted that the guide position and angle did not change if I read his post correctly. So I have my answer.

Yes I am a engineer with 35 years experience doing engineering work on boosted systems, I am not a valve-train engineer so I ask questions. So you assumed that was what he meant.
I asked what he meant, I got an answer, big difference.

If you assume stuff in engineering typically it will bite you in the ass down the road.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
I was just trying to get a clarification on what he posted. He posted that the guide position and angle did not change if I read his post correctly. So I have my answer.

Yes I am a engineer with 35 years experience doing engineering work on boosted systems, I am not a valve-train engineer so I ask questions. So you assumed that was what he meant.
I asked what he meant, I got an answer, big difference.

If you assume stuff in engineering typically it will bite you in the ass down the road.

Tom Vaught
I'm glad you got your clarification. It just seems like you we're trying to make something out of nothing that's all. But... what do I know I'm just a dumb mechanic.

67 LE MANS in pieces...
68 gto
Old 07-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Boost Engineer

Don't give me that crap, I worked in my uncle's Pontiac dealership every summer for 3 years on the floor as a line mechanic. Some of the smartest people I have met were line mechanics. Smart means little if you can't apply it, so I am not buying your excuses.

Tom Vaught

Old 07-02-2013, 12:22 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Don't give me that crap, I worked in my uncle's Pontiac dealership every summer for 3 years on the floor as a line mechanic. Some of the smartest people I have met were line mechanics. Smart means little if you can't apply it, so I am not buying your excuses.

Tom Vaught
Lol I'll take that as a compliment. No excuses just not claiming to be a genius that's all. Not my prerogative I guess.

67 LE MANS in pieces...
68 gto
Old 07-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I think I would pay cash money to see you post a picture of that monster motor bolted to a slim jim.

65 Catalina Safari 4DSW
Old 07-02-2013, 10:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASJayhawk View Post
I think I would pay cash money to see you post a picture of that monster motor bolted to a slim jim.

... slim jim ? ...

... but I might consider cutting off a finger to have it in my Camaro right now !! lol ...

Old 07-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Lol I'll take that as a compliment. No excuses just not claiming to be a genius that's all. Not my prerogative I guess.
I work with a lot of very high IQ people every day in Research.

That does not make me one. I just work with them and harder than some of them.

Tom Vaught

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 07-02-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
Looks, works and runs the same are two different things!
That goes for just about every Carb builder out there, they all have different ways.

That main body looks like it comes from Bo Laws.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Boost Engineer

Dave, Bill says that he makes them himself, (or at least he implied that).

Tom Vaught

Old 07-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Im so confused - A tunnel ram on a street head ?????????

Closed Thread