THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
we brought our guns to school durring hunting season and NO person ever abused the issue, those days are just distant memories
That was before guns had personalities and started killing people on their own.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428RA4 View Post
This would not be an issue period if teachers had guns in class. The loss would of been less I feel.
OMFG!
are you serious?

Old 12-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatless View Post
You do realize this was a kindergarten class in semi-rural elementary school? You can have what ever dumbass gun discussion you want in the ****ing clubhouse. Go on the CNN homepage. The lead picture is a family I know. Their little girl died today.
Been trying to hold it back all day. As the father of an eleven year old, this made me loose it. There's no understanding, there's no figuring this out. It just happened. Plain and simple.

I haven't felt felt so incredibly disgusted, angry and sad since 9/11.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
we brought our guns to school durring hunting season and NO person ever abused the issue, those days are just distant memories
Because we TOLERATE it.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Please guys, don't screw this up. I think David and the other mods have let some our comments fly under the radar (including mine) to let us stay in the Lobby with this. Respect Jeremy and Chris enough to not send this one down the toilet.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Exclamation

Quote:
Probably impossible to believe now, but my high school had a rifle team.

Same with shotguns in our trunks during hunting season. A lot of guys did. Nobody died.

We didn't change. America did.

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Old 12-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Suspended

This is supposedly a teacher. Not in this country obviously.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
Please guys, don't screw this up. I think David and the other mods have let some our comments fly under the radar (including mine) to let us stay in the Lobby with this. Respect Jeremy and Chris enough to not send this one down the toilet.
I think it's right to keep this in the lobby and to have a discussion that all will see.

Guns don't cause these tragedies and regardless of what some may believe, guns don't solve or end them either. The shooter used guns registered to his MOTHER. Shot her students with her own guns - so clearly having teachers who own guns does not protect the students.

For all of the descriptions you hear of our town tonight and in the coming weeks - you cannot get the sense of what an idyllic place this HAS been to raise a family. I finally got to speak with two friends of mine, one - the chief of the Sandy Hook Fire Company and the other the chief of Newtown Hook & Ladder - both there today. Life here changed today & will unfortunately never be the same.

Speaking with Gary (Muscle Collector) today I asked is the Devil really this strong? That something like this could happen?

The loss, the enormity of the loss is incomprehensible, to watch your pastor lose his composure on national television is nothing that ever comes into your imagination. Hug your families for us tonight and pray you never know any of what some of our friends are dealing with this evening.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 12-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
I think it's right to keep this in the lobby and to have a discussion that all will see.

Guns don't cause these tragedies and regardless of what some may believe, guns don't solve or end them either. The shooter used guns registered to his MOTHER. Shot her students with her own guns - so clearly having teachers who own guns does not protect the students.

For all of the descriptions you hear of our town tonight and in the coming weeks - you cannot get the sense of what an idyllic place this HAS been to raise a family. I finally got to speak with two friends of mine, one - the chief of the Sandy Hook Fire Company and the other the chief of Newtown Hook & Ladder - both there today. Life here changed today & will unfortunately never be the same.

Speaking with Gary (Muscle Collector) today I asked is the Devil really this strong? That something like this could happen?

The loss, the enormity of the loss is incomprehensible, to watch your pastor lose his composure on national television is nothing that ever comes into your imagination. Hug your families for us tonight and pray you never know any of what some of our friends are dealing with this evening.
Well said, Boss.

I looked at the photo of the lady cop leading those kids out of the danger area, and my heart broke.

Not only did Newtown and Sandy Hook change today, those kids are scarred for life. They are going to have a tough time even entering a school for the rest of their lives.

I wish I could hug them all and tell them that everything is alright ... but it's not.

All I can do is pray,
Ogre

Old 12-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Now they report the shooters brother told the cops his brother "suffers from a personality disorder" and is "somewhat bi-polar".
BTW. He killed his mother at home before he went to HER classroom and shot it up. This guy had BIG problems LONG before today.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

And thats the real problem, we have it here too....they just don't lock up crazy people any more, they leave them in the community....they say its better for them, but I say the community needs to be protected from their acts.
I have a friend with a brother who has serious psychological issues. His family has been trying to get him committed for quite some time as he's threatened to kill people, but the health department refuses to commit him.....guess they'll wait till he kills someone before doing anything.

There are no words to convey how disgusted and sick these murders make me feel.....how do you put a voice to it...., I don't know.

1960 Laurentian 283
1963 Laurentian 283
1976 Trans Am 400
1977 Trans Am 400
1951 Chieftain Flat head 6
1967 Firebird 400 convertible
1967 Firebird 400 coupe
1979 Trans Am 403
1971 Formula 455 (clone)
1969 Firebird 350
1968 Firebird 428 manual.
Sydney, Australia
Old 12-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Amen to that...

Quote:
YES. You have right there among your friends, family and neighbors, the hard evidence of the existence of evil in its purest form.

On the other hand, there is also pure goodness... Ask musclecollector, your pastor, call me or other true believers.

Quote:
I had little access to media today, so I missed the brutal first impact of it.

My heart breaks for your community, tearing up as I type this at work tonight.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dillon View Post
Probably impossible to believe now, but my high school had a rifle team.
Mine did as well. My dad (who was also the school shop teacher) ran the rifle club. Every Tuesday night we'd go down the school, set up targets in the gym, and shoot .22s for a couple hours.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The assault rifle was left in the car. (found in the car)
Means he likely may have initially planned to flee afterwards.
Semi-auto pistols used inside the school.

This 20 year old must have had issues with more than just his mother.
He killed her first at their home, and that was all over.

He then drove and shot 20 children. Killing each one of them.
Fatal shots with either precise direct aim - or point blank.
This was a mass execution, not just a guy shooting at kids and adults from the hip with pot luck results and reckless abandon.
Believe all the adult victims died too. 1 adult and 2 children went to hospital.
No mention about survivors and they did say those 2 children had died.

You kill someone and its over between you and them.
Kill their children and the whole family suffers the rest of their days.
My guess is he wanted to punish the whole community as much as possible for whatever revengeful reasons, by killing all those children.

Whatever the misery he felt he had suffered in life - his suffers will be no less than multiplied 26-fold in hell. Am glad he was able to die today.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I read somewhere that his gf and her friend are missing too?

2017, 74 firebird -3600 lbs (all bests) 1.33 60 ft, 6.314@108.39 9.950@134.32
M/T 275/60 ET SS Drag Radial

2023,(Pontiac 505) 1.27 60 ft, 5.97@112.86, 9.48@139.31.... 275/60 Radial Pro's
Old 12-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Senior Chief

Not a gun issue but a mental health issue. My cousin just took his life 4 months ago. He never had a problem until 6 weeks before. He only took his life but some of the crazy **** he was talking about his Mom & Dad were so insane. I feel bad for everyone involved. When people start killing our kids something is very wrong and we need to get to the bottom of it.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
Thoughts and prayers out to the families of the children and adults that were taken too soon.

Totally senseless, and just before Christmas.

We need some direction in our society and our current leaders aren't going to provide us with it, they're to concerned about stepping on someones toes that believes in nothing, and has no values. It's up to the people to do it and bring some morality to our society, parents need not wait for the schools to teach it, this training is put squarely on the parents to teach and parents need to step up.
You are SO right here and until we realize this, it's going to get worse. I cried when I heard this and thought about my two-year-old granddaughter. There's no way I could fathom what the parents of these innocent children must be enduring right now. It's simply HORRIBLE. What the HELL has our society become???

Yes, indeed, PEOPLE, normal average citizens USED to keep societal values and standards in check. The GOVERNMENT gives people free reign to impose, AND FORCE ACCEPTANCE, of whatever idiotic fad our crazy society can dream up.

I know that there's nothing I can do for any of those affected, but if there's ANY way I can, let me know. 314-486-6024. GOD bless.

Ron

Old 12-14-2012, 11:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

When I was in high school a guy walked through the entire school with a handgun carrying it in his hand but just had it by his side. They called the cops and they had to evacuate the school to see where the guy went. They found him on the footbal field bleechers with a self inflicted gunshot to the head. I think a lot of school even before this happened should be tighter on security. Even if it means for door to be locked from anyone coming in.

1968 lemans :In progress!
1970 Bonneville 455 HO convertible (survivor)sold
1969 firebird
Old 12-14-2012, 11:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My thoughts and prayers go out to the whole community, May god be with you all.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Senior Chief

My cousin that killed himself was brought up in a awsome well loved family. Dad was Chief of Police Mom was RN. He was very popular in school 2nd degree blackbelt had a girlfriend played sports went to collage. He developed his mental illness just 6 weeks before he took his Dads .45 and blew his head off. Im so glad he didnt take anyone else with him but very well could have.

Closed Thread