Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 09-24-2020, 06:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
How are you guys regulating the psi down for carb use with those efi pumps? They use 1/2" line?
I use the Aeromotive 13301 regulator that has both springs for carb PSI and EFI PSI. 1/2" feed and for sure 1/2" return is needed to regulate all that fuel back to the tank if regulating down to 6-7 psi.

Had them both setup like that, one for many years, Just recently switched both to EFI and all that was needed was a spring change in the regulator.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
Old 09-24-2020, 07:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
I use the Aeromotive 13301 regulator that has both springs for carb PSI and EFI PSI. 1/2" feed and for sure 1/2" return is needed to regulate all that fuel back to the tank if regulating down to 6-7 psi.

Had them both setup like that, one for many years, Just recently switched both to EFI and all that was needed was a spring change in the regulator.
So the tanks came with a 1/2 feed and 1/2 return ports in the sending unit?

Old 09-24-2020, 08:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mchell, my 340 Tanks pump is very quiet, I can barely hear it with the key on/engine off. My Holley Black was a great pump but very loud and I personally feel it is better suited for a racecar with either a fuel cell or sumped tank & not a stock tank like I had. Your car must be pretty loud not to hear it. I didn't want cutouts since I prefer it quiet as possible without a power loss. Track is US 13 Dragway in Delmar, De.
Slowbird, there is no sending unit. The pump has I think 1/4 NPT in/out and is in the tank. Very good system, I'm using a Weldon regulator and 8an supply and return lines

Last edited by OCMDGTO; 09-24-2020 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCMDGTO View Post
Mchell, my 340 Tanks pump is very quiet, I can barely hear it with the key on/engine off. My Holley Black was a great pump but very loud and I personally feel it is better suited for a racecar with either a fuel cell or sumped tank & not a stock tank like I had. Your car must be pretty loud not to hear it. I didn't want cutouts since I prefer it quiet as possible without a power loss. Track is US 13 Dragway in Delmar, De.
Slowbird, there is no sending unit. The pump has I think 1/4 NPT in/out and is in the tank. Very good system, I'm using a Weldon regulator and 8an supply and return lines
Yep, I ran a Mallory 140 on that first car I linked to for many years. It was like a little weed whacker back there, lol. I could hear it inside the car all the time, even with the engine running. It didn't bother me too much, the worst part of that setup is that the pump would only go 4-5 years at a time before I had to tear it down for new brushes. I got tired of that.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
Old 09-25-2020, 02:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCMDGTO View Post
Mchell, my 340 Tanks pump is very quiet, I can barely hear it with the key on/engine off. My Holley Black was a great pump but very loud and I personally feel it is better suited for a racecar with either a fuel cell or sumped tank & not a stock tank like I had. Your car must be pretty loud not to hear it. I didn't want cutouts since I prefer it quiet as possible without a power wry loss. Track is US 13 Dragway in Delmar, De.
Nice! Thanks for the info.

Actually, I’ve been told my car is very quiet...until it’s wot...

I did spend some time experimenting with line and pump mounting along with sound dampening...seemed to work. Not silent by any stretch but not noticeable when running.

No sump or cell. Sucking directly out of the tank. The worst possible scenario.

How was the weather when you were out?....makes a difference ...

71 GTO, 463, KRE 295 cfm heads ported by SD Performance, RPM intake, Qjet, Dougs Headers, Comp cams HR 246/252 ...11 to 1 , 3.55 cogs, 3985lbs.....day three- 11.04 at 120mph ....1.53 60', 6.98 1/8 mile
Old 09-25-2020, 05:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Weather was high 60s/low humidity and lots of those runs were 85/humid. You car is killing it, really nice combo