Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 08:14 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmissle View Post
Scott you are obviously building a cv powered car for serious ultra or heads up class. What are you building? Your old firebird? Who is doing your motor and head work? Is Wilcox involved again?
I'm not building any motor... Cv1 or anything else.. If I was, you would know.. Its obvious I can't keep my mouth shut out here..

Old 09-18-2016, 08:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Syron View Post
I can tell you first hand. When you start pushing the 1000hp level even on the tightest of budgets. It gets real expensive. How many guys have the resources to compete at that level? Only a handful. How many are involved with Cv1s? Maybe 1 because I won't even count myself because I'm out of my league.

Poe's was an alcohol motor and Larry's an exhibition car. Not going to set the world on fire with either one. Until a serious NA guy puts as much attention to an NA build as you did or maybe a Glenn Sidig it's not gonna happen. The bottom line is that it takes time and money.
Glenn's runs really good. I think your engine in Calvin's car will be good given time to sort it out.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson Port Development View Post
... what a surprise ...
Poe's car is/was beautiful (i believe he sold it now) but 165mph in a 2360lb car isn't a head turner in my opinion. Maybe it is to you, that's why i said in my opinion.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Glenn's runs really good. I think your engine in Calvin's car will be good given time to sort it out.
Thanks Brian!

Old 09-19-2016, 03:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Poe's car is/was beautiful (i believe he sold it now) but 165mph in a 2360lb car isn't a head turner in my opinion. Maybe it is to you, that's why i said in my opinion.
... My point with Poe's is given the rpm he's not turning, and the motor not on "Kill" I think it's a good example, and it also out ran the heads the CV-1's replaced, that's my point ...

... Kinda funny how nobody ever states Poe's TransAm wasn't impressive until after the CV-1's went on, even though it was faster afterwards ...

Old 09-19-2016, 04:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... My point with Poe's is given the rpm he's not turning, and the motor not on "Kill" I think it's a good example, and it also out ran the heads the CV-1's replaced, that's my point ...

... Kinda funny how nobody ever states Poe's TransAm wasn't impressive until after the CV-1's went on, even though it was faster afterwards ...
No one said anything before because no one was trying to promote a product based on its performance. It shows 825-850hp based on the mph and weight. Sorry in my opinion that isn't impressive. Again just my opinion.
It is an insanely beautiful car and if i had the money i would have bought it in a heart beat.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:52 PM
Suspended

Quote:
No one said anything before because no one was trying to promote a product based on its performance. It shows 825-850hp based on the mph and weight. Sorry in my opinion that isn't impressive. Again just my opinion.
It is an insanely beautiful car and if i had the money i would have bought it in a heart beat.

A car's performance in the quarter or eighth isnt just what heads are on the car. You're saying 850 hp isn't impressive because you are comparing it to a VERY limited number of engines making over 950? But you are completely leaving out other factors like the camshaft, how it is installed, carbs, transmission, converter and a whole host of other factors.

Bill's point was it went faster after switching to CV-1's. Its a simple statement.

By the way, I now own a set of CV-1's. I bought Tom McQueen's entire 555 ci twin turbo build when he decided to go aluminum block and Warp 6 heads. But to be fair I also have an E-head turbo engine.

I'm not into the "My head is better than your head" game. I think the E-heads are at a major disadvantage against some newer offerings when taken in an "out of the box" configuration. I would much rather have a set of out of the box KRE high ports for a couple of hundred dollars more. That said, I KNOW the E-heads perform great with work done to them. I have a friend who has been racing them for years, with great success.

Which one is best? I really don't think there is any one single answer to that. I do think the bashing here on this forum hurt CV-1 sales though, and personally I think its a shame. You guys are cutting off your noses to spite your faces.

I'm pretty sure after talking to some people who have $ here that a lot of people will think twice before investing money in a high tech/big cash investment product for pontiacs.............basically due to maybe a dozen people's antics in this forum section.

Old 09-19-2016, 05:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... Well you've touched on a very relevant subject, not all cars are set up to show all the power a given engine makes, in fact the majority don't, so when that's the case most of the time, a back to back or before and after comparison is a very good indication you're on the right or wrong track ...

... But I'm not disregarding you're right to your opinion, believe me most here have watched you over and over and over and over give us your dissatisfied opinion in just about every CV-1 thread ever created for years now, it's my opinion that the majority on this forum has grown tired of you constantly giving your broken record opinion about the CV-1, we get it Brian, we get it ...

... But hey, that's just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong ...

Old 09-19-2016, 05:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... Well you've touched on a very relevant subject, not all cars are set up to show all the power a given engine makes, in fact the majority don't, so when that's the case most of the time, a back to back or before and after comparison is a very good indication you're on the right or wrong track ...

... But I'm not disregarding you're right to your opinion, believe me most here have watched you over and over and over and over give us your dissatisfied opinion in just about every CV-1 thread ever created for years now, it's my opinion that the majority on this forum has grown tired of you constantly giving your broken record opinion about the CV-1, we get it Brian, we get it ...

... But hey, that's just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong ...
Bill go back a couple posts, i said im looking forward to Calvin and Tom Syron's result with their built as it should show good potential. Then YOU brought up Kelvin Poe's and Larry Quinn's car's, i didn't. I didn't say anything about anyone's performance, just that i was looking forward to the results shown from their 511. You steered the conversation that way and i followed.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Some people in this thread jump to conclusions.... also some perfer to make their own facts up.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:43 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
Some people in this thread jump to conclusions.... also some perfer to make their own facts up.
Welcome to the age of the Internet..

Old 09-19-2016, 07:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Bill go back a couple posts, i said im looking forward to Calvin and Tom Syron's result with their built as it should show good potential. Then YOU brought up Kelvin Poe's and Larry Quinn's car's, i didn't. I didn't say anything about anyone's performance, just that i was looking forward to the results shown from their 511. You steered the conversation that way and i followed.
... i just brought them up as examples of CV-1's going faster, not to provide to you another soap-box for you to spew your negative opinion Brian ...

... and just because you make a positive comment about Calvin/Syron's next track outing, does not erase the countless and countless times you've made negative posts/comments about CV-1's as if that somehow erases all of your negative effort, you can't be serious, you've been a hater from day one years on end, and you know it, so don't try and play games with me Brian, you will not out-wit me ok, i've read every negative CV-1 hater BS post you've ever made, you will not fool me simply because you made a positive post about Calvin's car, that's just retarded, the majority here see's what you are doing, and what you have been doing for a very long time now, trust me, we get it, you are not impressed, WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK !!!!!! ... nobody is asking for your CV-1 opinion, certainly not now ...

... i have an honest question for you Brian, if you were at the track with Kelvin Poe the weekend he ran his new CV-1 combo, and he went out and made an improvement like that, would you have walked up to him and told Kelvin that you were not impressed by his results ??? that his rersults were somehow negative ?? ... i'd bet you that you wouldn't, as most people would not do something like that, because i'm sure you'd know that your "OPINION" delivered in person, would not be met with kind remarks, as it comes across condescending and rude, and that is something i'm sure of, an old saying goes here Brian, if you're not willing to say something to someone's face, then you probably should not be saying that nonsense at all ...

... certainly not for as many years as you have been, regardless how pumped up you wanna pretend you are about Calvin's/Syron's results ... opinions are alot like your PeCKer Brian, just because you got one, even if it's a really nice one, doesn't mean that most people want it waved in their face over and over and over, got me ??? ... just because you can doesn't mean you should is my point, we get it, you're not impressed, ok we hear you, for gods sake we hear you ...

... but hey, that's just MY opinion, maybe i'm wrong ...

Last edited by Anderson Port Development; 09-19-2016 at 07:14 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
Who?? Name names so we know who you are talking about.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... i just brought them up as examples of CV-1's going faster, not to provide to you another soap-box for you to spew your negative opinion Brian ...

... and just because you make a positive comment about Calvin/Syron's next track outing, does not erase the countless and countless times you've made negative posts/comments about CV-1's as if that somehow erases all of your negative effort, you can't be serious, you've been a hater from day one years on end, and you know it, so don't try and play games with me Brian, you will not out-wit me ok, i've read every negative CV-1 hater BS post you've ever made, you will not fool me simply because you made a positive post about Calvin's car, that's just retarded, the majority here see's what you are doing, and what you have been doing for a very long time now, trust me, we get it, you are not impressed, WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK !!!!!! ... nobody is asking for your CV-1 opinion, certainly not now ...

... i have an honest question for you Brian, if you were at the track with Kelvin Poe the weekend he ran his new CV-1 combo, and he went out and made an improvement like that, would you have walked up to him and told Kelvin that you were not impressed by his results ??? that his rersults were somehow negative ?? ... i'd bet you that you wouldn't, as most people would not do something like that, because i'm sure you'd know that your "OPINION" delivered in person, would not be met with kind remarks, as it comes across condescending and rude, and that is something i'm sure of, an old saying goes here Brian, if you're not willing to say something to someone's face, then you probably should not be saying that nonsense at all ...

... certainly not for as many years as you have been, regardless how pumped up you wanna pretend you are about Calvin's/Syron's results ... opinions are alot like your PeCKer Brian, just because you got one, even if it's a really nice one, doesn't mean that most people want it waved in their face over and over and over, got me ??? ... just because you can doesn't mean you should is my point, we get it, you're not impressed, ok we hear you, for gods sake we hear you ...

... but hey, that's just MY opinion, maybe i'm wrong ...
Again you brought them up not me. Im done talking about it.

Old 09-19-2016, 08:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The hate is strong in this thread.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Again you brought them up not me. Im done talking about it.
... it's about time ...

Old 09-19-2016, 08:53 PM
Suspended

Helping or hurting the peeps? 😬

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post

Old 09-19-2016, 08:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
And I didn't even say anything recently.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 09-19-2016, 09:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
And I didn't even say anything recently.
... god, you're so funny, so so funny ... i'm dying over here ... ...

Old 09-19-2016, 09:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... it's about time ...
It's always a pleasure talking to you Bill, lol

Closed Thread