Old 01-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Senior Chief

70RA455

now worries amigo...i was just kiddin about the lawyer quip...there are some good lawyers out there..somewhere? right?

ok maybe not..lol!

its all good..'specially when we are talkin' Pontiacs :-)

Now Steve..get out there and BUY those cars compadre!!!

Old 01-04-2007, 04:38 PM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

I’m trying; I gotta let the guy stew on the offer for a few weeks or even a month. I stop by and see him every time I’m that way; I’m working on the good ole buddy approach. Usually bring a 12 pack with me, and we have a few. I want the 68 worse, and he doesn’t want to sell it for some reason. But we are haggling on the Judges. And yes they are Judges, unlike the TA I can take my time looking at these and that means TAA DAA the VINS were a breeze.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

How's about I buy the cars for 6K and give you another 5K on top of that? This way you've got more money for your project cars and I get to store some great Pontiacs for future projects?

BTW, I purchased my 1970 455 Ram Air 4spd convertible down in Tulsa and drove it back home to NJ! The man from Ventura Classics (Shawn) was the most hospitable man I've ever met and did my pre-purchase inspection for me at a reasonable price in addition to treating me to a great home cooked steak dinner with him and his wife (and he never met me before!) My 24 hours in Tulsa were memorable for the hospitality. The drive back home was awesome as well.

Lots of Pontiacs down there it seems!

Old 01-04-2007, 05:50 PM
formerly Steved400

Next time you get one in Tulsa, Night Trips and Brothers Hooligan are a must. As of right now, I'm going to attempt to get these cheap for myself. Not like the $75 I paid for my first 71 Judge here back in 1979, but cheap compared to today's prices.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

steved400,
Your killing me with those pics. I’ve looked everywhere from Owasso to Bixby and Sand Springs to B.A. and concluded Tulsa has been picked clean. Does East/West Ken have another yard somewhere in town?……..........I must be missing something here b/c I thought I was good at digging up this stuff, but you’re "numero uno" when it comes to finding rare Indians in T town.

I agree, take your time with the guy, buy cheap and have fun.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:03 PM
formerly Steved400

Hint: most of my secret yards are toward Muskogee and points just beyond.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:13 PM
formerly Steved400

This Judge is right around here some where, could have found it but didn't want to snake Bill Rose on it.

The Gold 70 is still down in a closed salvage in Muskogee, along with 100 other muscle cars.

Starting to sound interesting?

OH, and the 71 Judge me and Eddie Garcia junked out for $75 in 79 was in Porter. Some old closed ones down there too, good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brdd.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	77925   Click image for larger version

Name:	70h.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	77926  

Old 01-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've ever been a fan of convertables and would only own one if it was given to me. IMO, true muscle cars don't have droptops or hidden headlights. I'll take the RA IV.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You guys are killing me with these Secret Junkyards! I LIVED for crawling through them years ago. There isn't a single yard anywhere around here with a car older than an 85! How about we all pool our money together and we can jointly own the 1.5 million dollar yard from ebay? We can take turns taking weekend vacations there stripping out cool options while a seperate team hides VOE and Ram Air systems in off brand homes behind the Cuda with the tree growing inside the console!!?

Old 01-04-2007, 07:24 PM
formerly Steved400

OH yes there are secret closed yards around here, several of them for a matter of fact. You just weren't looking in the right spot.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Senior Chief

Talking

AMEN BROTHER BLKBRD!!

"I've ever been a fan of convertables and would only own one if it was given to me. IMO, true muscle cars don't have droptops or hidden headlights. I'll take the RA IV."

PS: You'll take a RA II, too right? it's not nice to forget RA IV's Old Man, Senor RA II! :-)

Old 01-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKBRD
I've ever been a fan of convertables and would only own one if it was given to me. IMO, true muscle cars don't have droptops or hidden headlights. I'll take the RA IV.
Come on guys! Now you are going to rip on hideaways???

Old 01-05-2007, 12:44 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I know this thread is about RAIII conv vs. RAIV htp preference. My preference is a RAIV htp since I use to own one. The sound of that engine/exhaust was awesome.

However, since we are on the topic of Tulsa, OK and all of you now know there are hidden treasures in this great city and state, I would like to encourage all of you to attend the 35th annual POCI convention in Tulsa to be held on July 10th thru 14th this upcoming summer. 2007 is the state's centennial and along with celebrating this event, there are alot of really neat things to see and do in Tulsa. Did you know there is a brand new 1957 Plymouth that was put in a time capsule and buried in Downtown Tulsa in the year 1957 and will be unveiled this summer as part of the state's festivities? The city has one of the nation's largest all Pontiac salvage yards....East West Auto Parts. The yard is not open to the public, however the owner Ken is a very nice guy and if you call and beg him for a small group tour, I am certain he will extend his hospitality. And for custom car fans, the Darryl Starbird Custom Car Museum is about 30 minutes away. So plan a trip to OK this summer, July 10 - 14. You can even experience driving your Pontiac on part of old Route 66 that runs through the city.

Old 01-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

ramairII,

You know the answer to that question.

Encle Judge,

Sorry about the hidden headlight jab. I couldn't resist. I thought we'd get more feedback from that comment.

Old 01-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The hidden headlights don't rob horsepower like power steering or A/C would, they just use vacuum - and with that cam, you may have trouble.

Cars look mean as hell with them - JMHO.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 01-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've been watching this thread with great interest, and finally decided I had to chime in.

I've never been fortunate enough to own either a III or IV car, and more than likely never will - current pricing is getting out of reach, and NOT going any lower, and my real love is for the '72 HO's anyway.

That said, my preference is for ANY round port car vs a D-port car. And - the Ram Air IV (and RA II) was the absolute pinnacle of high compression Pontiac production performance engines. The RA IV mystique FAR outweighs the added collector value of a RA III 'vert, IMO.

Make mine a '70 RA IV Judge HT. Silver w/ black buckets and the M21 w/ 4.33's

I don't care much for 'verts anyway!

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 01-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKBRD
ramairII,

You know the answer to that question.

Encle Judge,

Sorry about the hidden headlight jab. I couldn't resist. I thought we'd get more feedback from that comment.
Okay. I forgive you. Actually, like the whole RAIV HT vs. III Vert. argument, the hideaways are a matter of preference. We all tend to back or endorse what we own!

Old 01-05-2007, 12:41 PM
formerly Steved400

The hideaways look awesume IMO, just as long as they aren't on my car. I can't get over the weight issue.

Old 01-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

All you guys still bicker and bit$h like old women. You know what's better than a Ram Air III Judge conv. and a Ram Air IV Judge hardtop put together?? A 71 Judge convertible... think about it. All things considered, its as fast as a Ram Air IV, faster than a Ram Air III, a better driving road car with docile street manners that runs on piss 87 octane regular UNLEADED. It really is the ultimate Judge. Okay, you can go back to whining and bi7ching again.

Old 01-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's the FINAL WORD!

'70 Judges RA3 or RA4 or 455 w/RA THUMBS UP!

'71 Judges 455 HO THUMBS UP!

ALL RA4 or HO cars THUMBS UP!

ALL SD's THUMBS UP!

My '70 455 Ram Air 4spd Convertible THUMBS UP!

My former '65 Bonnie Convertible 421 HO Tripower 4spd THUMBS UP!

Phew ...

OK ... more whining ... whah whah whah whah ...